Chapter 6: The Hope In The Form of Another Humanoid

The Perfect Humanoid [Hiatus]

 

No one’s Pov

 

 

 

The ride back home was intense with Yoochun in the driving seat and the other two in the back. Zelo had enjoyed leaving the place after being denied so in a long time.  Both Himchan and Yongguk knew of the boy’s feelings but refused to let him see a hint of sunlight in the past 5 years. It was too dangerous and everyone knew that. It was a lie to say that Yoochun wasn’t expecting to be rejected after everything that had happened to the boy. Being able to even ask for him was hard enough and Himchan being like a second parent to the boy (after his makers abandoned him) made it even harder for the man to accept Yoochun’s request.

 

 

 

“Are you hungry?” Yoochun asked, hoping to ease the awkwardness just a little bit. The two replied with a negative as eating at midnight was somewhat inconvenient and the fact that it would be best for the elder to get home to his lover as soon as possible to avoid being found out was even more important than food. The scolding was harsh, worse than anyone would have ever expected. Still, Yoochun would have liked it if his passengers were a little more talkative. That way he wouldn’t have to drive faster, hoping that the journey would end soon.

 

He parked right outside his house on the driveway. As he pulled in, he noticed that the lights were still off meaning that Junsu wasn’t awake and ready to beat him. He sighed in content knowing that he would at least manage a good night’s sleep today. They trio exited the car, not before taking a small suitcase out of the trunk and made their way towards the two story house. Yoochun had warned them beforehand to stay as quietly as possible to prevent his lover from waking up and they had excelled in doing so. They creeped upstairs, treading softly and passed by the master bedroom, heading for the 1 of 2 guest bedrooms.

 

 

 

“This will be your room for now. Would you like to room together or separate?” Yoochun asked p, knowing that the younger would probably be too scared to stay alone in an unfamiliar house. Himchan had always been by his side for most of the time after his rescue, making it that much harder for the younger to be left alone. He had heard stories of when Zelo was unintentionally left by himself in the house and the results were not nice.

 

 

 

“To-gether please.” The boy stuttered, holding the taller blonde by the hem os his shirt. From what Yoochun could remember from his memories way back, the boy was still the same height of 165cm or so. It was unusual for a humanoid to stop growing as they are meant to mimic the body of a human, hence the name Humanoid. The boy was only 13 when he was made, making him 18 years old now. There were only two known cases for a humanoid to stop growing.

 

  • They are of age/they were made over the age of growth.
  • There has been body/mind trauma to the humanoid.

 

Others (if there was any) were still yet to be discovered but Yoochun could guess already which had made the boy stop frowning and it was definitely not the first.

 

 

 

“Alrighty then, I’ll go get more blankets.” He watched as the two sat down on the double bed, the younger of the two looking around the guest room as Yongguk began to organise their belongings from the small suitcase they had packed.

 

 

 

“No, that’s alright Yoochun ssi, we’ll share the one that’s already here. It’s big enough for the both of us.” Yongguk stopped the other from entering the other guest room to collect the blankets from the room. Yoochun nodded, pointing them to the bathroom for them to wash up. Luckily that guest room had its own bathroom which made it a lot easier for them to wash up comfortably, knowing how Zelo was; he had chosen this guest room specifically.

 

 

 

“Then I’ll excuse myself. Good night.”

 

 

 

“Good night.” The others replied in unison, not stopping from what they were doing as the quicker they finished, the quicker they could fall into deep slumber.

 

The man left the room, closing the door behind him as he did so. A sigh left his lips, noting that it was already three in the morning. Exhaustion came like a brick as he opened the door to the master bedroom with the upmost care. Creaking of the door made his heart fall into his stomach as the little amount of way allowed him to peer into the bedroom. The lump on the bed that is his lover shuffled from the sound and Yoochun froze instantly. A groan came out of the sleeping figure as it made its way to a more comfortable position on the bed. He waited a bit for Junsu to fully go back to sleep, entering once he thought it was alright. Lying down on the bed, sleep overcame him right away.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

 

 

Changmin had tossed and his bed, unable to get yet another night’s worth of sleep. It was starting to do his body harm but his mind was only beginning the torture.  As much as he knew he needed to rest, there was no way he could. Kyuhyun was out there somewhere and no matter how long it took, he was going to find him.

 

Time passed by slowly for the scientist but it was fast enough for him to realise there wasn’t enough time for him. As each day passed, the funds from investors grew lower and lower. The first few days led to a mass amount of investors pouring their money in to help the search. Some even bought their men to help Changmin in the search but as each day passed and the results remained low, they began to feel as though there was no point in wasting their money anymore. After all, they had only been so eager to help because finding the ‘perfect humanoid’ would put their names in the papers. Changmin would be forced to help them in future endeavours as a ‘favour’ as they had found Changmin’s work. But with what was going on, they knew it wasn’t going to work in their favour.  

 

 

 

“!” Changmin swore under his breath as he rose from his bed. The ceiling was beginning to bore him as it did so almost every night before he tried to rest for the evening.  It took him 2 weeks to realise that there was nothing he could personally do to help aid the search and was forced to stay at home. Yoochun had done his best to reassure the younger but popping in almost every day to keep him updated. The story about the missing ‘perfect humanoid’ on the news began to die, filling up with other kinds of events around the world and the hype was no longer there to find Kyuhyun. He dreaded the feeling but he tried to not let him down.

 

A ringing of bells told him he had received a message. Groaning, Changmin turned to his side, retrieving his phone that was left charging on his nightstand. He made sure to switch on the small lamp on the table to help his eyes adjust to the light on his smaller device. The corner of his eyes caught the time that was shown on the clock. 3:32am it read. Changmin bit his lip to stop him from letting out a sigh of annoyance. He unlocked his phone and opened the message while running his other left hand lazily though his hair.

 

 

 

From Yoochun Hyung

I know you’re still awake.

Come over at 12pm tomorrow.

I have some people who are able to help us.

 

 

 

There was no need to reply as the man knew that the younger would be there tomorrow on time. For a long time, a smile came to his lips. He knew he could always could on the elder and this time, he had a feeling he wasn’t going to be let down. Call it a gut feeling but he knew that there was going to be a change in his story and the path was finally going to clear out.

 

It took a mere few minutes after reading the text but Changmin was finally feeling the fatigue his him at full pace. Remembering to set an alarm at 10:30am, he finally fell into deep slumber. Maybe it was because of the gut feeling but Changmin couldn’t remember the last time he had had such a good sleep. Maybe the last time was during Kyuhyun’s awakening? Yeah, he was sure it was that day. That night he dreamt of seeing Kyuhyun again. This time, the humanoid smiled. Changmin wasn’t sure how the expression looked on the other but he was sure it was similar to his dream, beautiful.

 

 

 

Waking up with the sun still in the sky was something that Changmin wasn’t very use to. Since his days in the lab, creating the perfect humanoid, time was not important. Eating, sleeping it was just a nessesity for his body to carry on functioning. He never had his meals on time; he never slept at night (as he worked better when the sun wasn’t up) but the week with Kyuhyun had allowed him to adjust his time to the ‘norm’. Kyuhyun needed to watch from his maker how to properly function and Changmin had to set a good example. It was hard at first but Changmin was always known to adjust easily (as long as he out his mind to it otherwise not).

 

The man started his day as though it was normal after waking up with the help of his alarm. Making his way to the bathroom, he took a shower and brushed his teeth. For a while, he started at himself in the mirror, his dark circles still visible but not as bad as the night before and his skin dull and slightly grey. A sigh left his lips, ruffling his wet raven locks, flicking off some of the water that was held between the fibres. Changmin got dressed quickly, taking off with his wallet, keys and mobile phone. Walking seemed to be the best way to get to Yoochun’s house as it provided him some fresh air and more important thinking time. He had forgotten the outside world as he remained locked inside his apartment after Kyuhyun’s disappearance. The warm air hit him, acting as a soft embrace to his well exhausted body. The walk was about half an hour as his long legs bought speed and his absent mind caused him to unknowingly speed up. It wasn’t until he saw a familiar car parked on the driveway that caught his eyes did he finally realise he was outside the elder’s house. He could hear his heart beat loud in his chest as he neared the front porch of the house. Eventually, he rang the bell and not a second later was greeted but a smiling Yoochun.

 

 

 

“Right on time Min. Come on in, Junsu’s already gone to work.” The elder gestured him into the living room where he wa met by two strangers sitting on the cough. The younger of the two had a light smile on his face while the elder blonde had a face of indifference.

 

“This is Zelo and Yongguk.” Yoochun introduced the two, to which they stood up and bowed at the scientist. Changmin exchanged a greeting, stating his name.

 

 

 

“We already know who you are, Yoochun ssi has told us a lot about you.” Zelo said fondly as the four of them sat down.  Yongguk, Zelo and Yoochun shared the large sofa while Changmin sat on the single sofa diagonal to them, the eldest sitting closet to him.

 

 

 

“They are going to help you find Kyuhyun.” He stated, looking into Changmin’s eyes to make sure the younger was feeling comfortable and well rested. He could tell what Changmin was thinking, feeling just by looking into the other’s eyes and the sadness as well as the relief could be seen in the dark iris’ of the younger.

 

 

 

“How are we going to do that?” He asked lightly, making sure to speak as softly as possible as he felt the need to with the youngest on the couch. Changmin was always pretty good at reading people and the body language of the younger told him he was extremely timid when it came to meeting new people. Maybe it was because he was close friends with Yoochun or that the elder had informed the younger about the scientist that he was able to at least make the first conversations but that remained to be unknown.

 

 

 

“As you might have guessed, Zelo here is a humanoid who over time has become very skilled in hacking into government files and tracking humanoids that might be endangered by their owners.” Yoochun explained. Changmin nodded to every word the elder spoke, listening intently as Yoochun explained Yongguk and Zelo’s roles. Apparently, they and another named Himchan ran an underground society which helped monitor and track humanoids which are being abused by their owners. As humanoids are not fully given state identities and are difficult to look after in many cases (to which scientists such as Changmin try to create better and easier ways to bring up humanoids to their full potential), they are often abandoned, abused or sold as slaves. Their group, known as ‘Libera’ which is ‘Free’ in Latin helps track down these humanoids and free them from their Masters. They are relocated to another owner who can treat them better once they go through the appropriate checks. As the government does allow humanoids to be relocated without the Master’s permission, their group was forced to go into hiding as many Master’s wish to carry on holding onto their humanoids due to the fact the humanoids might hold personal details about their Master’s in their memory chips which could damage their reputation and business.

 

“With his abilities we’ll be able to single out Kyuhyun by tracking the 5 different 20 digit maker’s code on Kyuhyun’s body.” Changmin looked at the boy with widened eyes. He had never heard of anyone other than government officials being able to pull a stunt like that off but for once, he felt hopeful.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

And I am back to updating this fic! I'm so sorry to have kept you guys waiting but as I've finally finished 'Secret Assassins' and 'One Thing Lead To Another', I can finally work on this! I'll be updating 'Perfect Humanoid' and 'Patient 403' together so please check them out!

 

Thank you~~