Chapter 7 - Start of the CHAOS

Roots Seeking Another Land

Yuri and Yoona are on their way to their respective classrooms when Yoona stopped walking.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

“Do you know my father’s schedule now?”

“Uhm… I think he’s in the literature class.”

 

Yoona sighed and looked at her.

 

“Can you go alone now? I left one of my notes in his folder. Damn it.”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

“Sure. I’ll just see you later.”

 

Before Yuri can walk away, she pulled her by the waist and kissed her. Yuri knows that this is a real lip-lock already so she pulled back.

 

“Others might see us Yoong, not here.”

 

Yoona groaned and pushed her at the side. They’re in the corner and Yoona locked her up between her arms.

 

“Yoona.”

 

Yoona pouted.

 

“Just one please?”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes, knowing she can’t say no. she pulled her by the nape and kissed her.

 

When they pulled back, Yoona noticed that someone is watching them from behind.

 

“Oh, Ta-Taeyeon…”

“Im Yoona? Kwon Yuri…. Of all places on earth, why here?”

 

Yuri smirked as she held her hand.

 

“Sorry Taengoo.”

“It’s okay. Don’t do it here again. I’m giving you the warning.”

 

When Taeyeon walked away, Yoona burst out laughing.

 

“Yah!”

“Sorry… well, she’s just so silly. Hmm… so, I have to go now.”

“Bye… I love you.”

 

Yoona ran like a kid and turned around to face her. She waved and mouthed “I love you too” at her.

 

She ran as fast as she could until she reached the literature class. She looked at the window and waved at her father.

 

“Appa!”, she called.

 

Her father smiled and motioned to let her in.

 

“Come in Yoona.”

 

When she stepped in and looked at the students, all were looking at her. She saw Tiffany and Jessica sitting together at the back. She flashed a small smile and looked at her father.

 

“Are you busy?”

“Nope. I just went by here to—“

 

She saw her father grin.

 

“You know Lee Hyorin right?”

“Appa.”

 

Yoona glared at him.

 

“Nevermind. I just want you to invite her over for the musical.”

“You’ve got to be kidding me.”

 

Her father handed her notes.

 

“Yoona-ssi!”

 

Yoona looked at the students’ door and saw Hyorin grinning.

 

“What do you want?”

 

Her father tapped her shoulder.

 

“I heard Chairman Im is looking for me.”

“Oh yeah that’s right.”

“I’m sorry for being late sir.”

 

Other students are now busy writing down but Tiffany and Jessica are both observing the three in front.

 

“I heard you’ve been good in singing since middle school.”

“Oh… well, I’m a member of the Theatre organization when I was in high school.”

“That’s great. Well, I called for you because… I want you to join the musical for next week’s foundation day.”

 

Hyorin looked at Yoona.

 

“Is Yoona joining?”

 

Yoona scoffed.

 

“No… Tiffany will join it, right Ms. Hwang?”

 

Tiffany gulped as she nodded her head. She saw how Hyorin smirked.

 

“I’m also thinking about inviting Kwon Yuri—“

“No.”

 

Yoona cut off her father’s words.

 

“I won’t let her join.”

“You’re not her to decide.”, Hyorin answered.

“she’s not joining Appa. That’s final.”

 

She saw how her father smiled as he nodded meekly.

 

“I’ll leave now.”

 

Yoona left the room and walked towards her class with anger because of Hyorin.

 

That …

 

 

 

“Did you miss my brother?”

 

Tiffany looked up and saw Hyorin standing in front of her.

 

“Don’t spoil my day Hyorin.”

“Well, you spoiled my life. Not just you, but also others who at love.”

“If I spoiled it, then go. Leave me here.”

 

She continued reading but to her surprise, Hyorin sat down across her.

 

“Why can’t you just get over Donghae huh?”

“I’m over him—“

“Then what about the plan over Sica? Isn’t that for revenge stuff?”

 

Tiffany slightly growled.

 

“Do you really love Jessica?”

“I do. And I’m over your brother so—“

“You’re not over him. I can totally see it.”

 

She can see the serious face in front of her.

 

“Can you blame me if he left me?”

“He loves Jessica, we both know that Tiffany.”

“But he was with me all the time—“

“But everytime you’re not looking, he’s secretly seeing Jessica.”

 

She sighed in defeat.

 

“Donghae oppa loved you. But he was just a damn leech he got stuck onto Sica.”

“Just leave—“

“And up until now, he’s not over her.”

 

That shook her.

 

She felt the same old feeling again, wanting to gain what she should have for herself as of now.

 

“Just a tip before I go Tiff, I know you fell for her already. But please bear in mind… you’ll just hurt her. If you continue this… I’ll be the one to tell her.”

 

Tiffany found herself getting numb again. She closed her eyes and gulped, hoping to erase such vengeance in her nerves.

 

Maybe this is what Sooyoung is talking about.

 

Maybe what she did from the start was wrong.

 

But falling for Jessica…

 

It was the only thing she considers right for a very long time already.

 

Her thoughts vanished when she felt someone holding her hand. It was that touch that she wants to feel everyday…

 

Every single minute of her life.

 

She looked up and saw Jessica. The reason for her first heartache, her first feeling of vengeance….

 

But also the reason why she felt so alive and living in her own world.

 

She saw that worried expression in her face. She sat down beside her, her hands never leaving Tiffany’s proximity.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

She suddenly felt so dumb. How can she answer back if she felt so helpless?

 

“Tiff, don’t be like that…”

 

Jessica kissed her hand.

 

Those lips, those very warm lips. The person she’s facing now owns those lips she wants to kiss all the time.

 

“Tiffany? What’s wrong babe?”

“Uhm… nothing.”

“I saw Hyorin on my way here. She scoffed at me. Did she do something to you? Tell me and I’ll get back on her.”

“No… she… she did nothing.”

 

Jessica cupped her face.

 

“Don’t lie to me, okay? I love you and I just want to protect you.”

 

Her words shut her system down.

 

Tiffany felt so guilty. She’s mad at herself. She fell in love with the girl whom she’s supposed to be angry with.

 

But world can be so playful. And it marked on her.

 

“If something’s bothering you… tell me. Don’t keep anything…”

 

Jessica smiled as she ruffled her hair.

 

“Let’s go? I know you’re tired.”

 

Tiffany squeezed her hand. All she knows now is that she’s got her reason to live… her reason for everything.

 

 

 

 

Yoona was tying her shoelace when she saw a shadow of someone slightly blocking the light from the window.

 

“Yul? Your shadow’s blocking me.”

“Oh… I’m sorry.”

 

It’s Saturday and as promised, Yoona will go with Yuri to Goyang. Unfortunately, her father can’t come with them, but for Yoona, it’s better so she can spend time with Yuri.

 

“Are you ready?”

 

Yoona stood up and heaved a sigh.

 

“Shall we go y?”

 

Yuri laughed as Yoona pulled her by the waist. They went out of the condominium and found their way to Yoona’s car.

 

“Yul?”

“Yeah?”

“I think… it’s better to ride on your car. My Cabrio is tired you know.”

“Sure…”

 

And because of Yoona’s request, they hopped into Yuri’s black Volvo S80.

 

“You’ve got a y car here Yul. Why didn’t you tell me you own something like this?”

“Shut up. You always want me to ride in your car. It’s just there in the parking lot.”

 

Yuri started driving along the streets.

 

“Yul? Can I ask something?”

“What is it?”

“Uhm… how did you and Jessica meet?”

 

Yuri looked at her.

 

“Are you sure about what you’re asking? I might heat up your temper, keke.”

 

Yoona hissed.

 

“Well… Sica and I met in Goyang. Her father owns an equestrian school near our ranch and some of our buyers are learning their skills in there.”

“Then?”

 

Yuri laughed at her eagerness.

 

“One time, a kid got lost along our ranch. Sica was looking for that kid and of course, she entered the ranch. I met her along the way then I helped her find the kid.”

“That’s it?”

“Yeah… why are you asking?”

 

Yoona raised a brow.

 

“Can’t I?”

“Of course you can.”

“Do you still communicate with her?”

 

Yuri nodded.

 

“I have her number, but I seldom contact her. I just ask her if she’s doing well, how’s her sister, her father… that’s it. we remained friends after we broke up.”

“Why did you break up with her?”

 

Yuri sighed.

 

“Yoona, I don’t think it’s a good idea to talk about this—“

“Just answer me.”

 

Yuri rolled her eyes.

 

“It was just a week after our eight monthsary when she broke up with me. She was in the US that time.”

“It was her who broke up with you?”

“Yeah… she went to US on the fifth month of our relationship. I tried to stop her, but she said she needs to take care of her mother who was… fully depressed, you know. We held on to our relationship but miscommunication and fights flared up. And because of that, intimacy lacked. That broke us.”

 

Yoona just nodded meekly, trying to register the info.

 

“It was actually a mutual agreement. That’s why we’re still great friends up until now. No awkward feeling or something, it’s just that… we realized we’re not meant for each other.”

“Didn’t you feel the need of having her again?”

 

Yuri got amused. Those questions were the ones thrown to Yoona back then.

 

“At first… yes. But as time passed by, I learned how to go on without her. I loved her but… it’s not the same now.”

 

Yuri looked at her and saw the worried face of Yoona.

 

“You okay?”

“…”

 

Yuri held her hand as she continued to focus on the road.

 

“If you worry that I might learn how to fall out of love with you Yoona, you’re wrong. That won’t happen.”

 

She held her hand tightly, making sure that the latter can feel her.

 

“I love you… and I can’t afford to lose you.”

 

Yoona smiled as heard those words.

 

“Gomawo…”

 

Her voice was cracking so Yuri tried to cheer her up.

 

“Yah choding! Gwaenchana… we’ll ride horses later and I promised to give you one, right?”

 

Yoona laughed a bit and closed her eyes.

 

“Just wake me up when we get there, okay? I love you baby.”

“Wow. Baby… tsk, tsk, tsk.”

 

She playfully slapped her arm.

 

“Okay,.. don’t forget to dream of me. I love you too.”

 

As Yuri saw her slowly drifting off to dreamland, she smiled. She knows Yoona is her everything. And this time, she can never let go of someone as precious as her.

 

 

 

 

Tiffany went upstairs to check if she had her things complete in her bag. To her surprise, she realized that she left her bag in Jessica’s house.

 

“Oh crap.”

 

She then dialled her phone number and called her.

 

 

Jessica was busy cooking her lunch when her phone rang.

 

Fany-ah calling…

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Sica? Is my bag there?”

 

Jessica sneaked to the living room and saw Tiffany’s bag.

 

“Yes babe. You left it here.”

“Damn it. can you please bring it here later?”

“Hmm… let’s see if I’m busy.”

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

“Okay… I’ll just call you later. Love you…”

“Love you more…”

 

Jessica shut her phone and carried Tiffany’s bag with her to her room. Unfortunately, she slightly tripped on the topmost step of the staircase and Tiffany’s bag fell down. Her notes scattered along, her pens jumping off course.

 

“Ah… jinjja…”

 

She picked them up one by one.

 

When she picked up one notebook, a wallet sized picture fell down. She got it from the floor. Her eyes widened of what she saw. The man on the picture could never be nothing to her. She turned the picture and saw what’s written on the back.

 

Yeongwonhi sarang… Lee Donghae…

 

She gulped on what she saw.

 

Tiffany…. And Donghae?

 

 

 

It took one hour after Yuri and Yoona reached Goyang.

 

Now, Yuri’s on her way to their ranch which will take another 10 minutes from Goyang-si proper.

 

“Yoona? hey wake up.”

 

She slightly shook her shoulder to wake her up.

 

“Nngghhhhh…”

 

Yoona opened her eyes and looked at the windows.

 

“We’re here?”

“On our way to the ranch baby.”

 

Just then, Yuri’s phone rang. She got her phone from her pocket.

 

Jessica calling…

 

“Who is it?”

“Jessica…”

 

She looked at Yoona. yoona just smiled at her.

 

“Answer it. don’t keep her waiting.”

“Fine…. Yeoboseyo?”

 

She heard how Jessica sighed on the other line.

 

“Is Yoona with you now?”

“Yeah… she’s with me. Why?”

 

Yoona looked at her confusedly.

 

“Can you hand the phone over to her? I just need to ask her something important.”

 

Yuri shifted her gaze to Yoona as she was slowly parking her car in their ranch.

 

“Yoong, she wants to talk to you.”

“To… to me?”

“Yeah… c’mon.”

 

Yoona got the phone from Yuri.

 

“Jessica?”

“Yoona… I called to ask you something.”

“What is it?”

 

Yoona got out of the car, still wondering why Jessica called to talk to her.

 

“Does Tiffany happen to know Lee Donghae?”

 

 

To be continued…

 

---------

 

that's it for chapter 7.

 

kindly post your comments! thank you. :)