Chapter 4 - Stories Uncovered

Roots Seeking Another Land

 

Yoona was sitting on the bed, facing Yuri. Their legs are crossed and are sitting not far apart from each other.

 

Yuri was drying Yoona’s hair with a towel. They got caught in the rain while walking back to Yoona’s house.

 

“I’ll kill you if you get sick Yoona.”

 

Yoona just smiled in reply.

 

Yuri saw how Yoona’s eyes were scanning her face, as if she did something which marked her life.

 

“I love you…”, Yoona said.

 

Yuri stopped what she was doing and cupped her face.

 

“I love you more…”

 

Yoona slowly leaned in as she held Yuri by her nape. Yuri closed her eyes the moment their lips touched.

 

“I’m sorry if I was not a perfect girlfriend Yul… I promise to make it up to you.”

 

Yuri hissed.

 

“You don’t have to be sorry. I understand you.”

“I hurt you… and I should be sorry for that.”

 

Yuri squeezed her hand.

 

“You are forgiven… I love you and that’s all that matters.”

 

Yoona felt so lucky to have someone like her.

 

“Yoona? it’s getting late. Let’s sleep now baby.”

 

Yuri lied down beside her. She gave Yuri another peck on the lips before lying down.

 

“Are you addicted to my lips?”

“It tastes great. You can’t blame me.”

“Nah… whatever ert.”

 

Yoona pulled her closer and kissed her for the nth time already. She nibbled on her lower lip, making Yuri feel so intense.

 

“I’ll never get tired of kissing you.”, she whispered.

 

Yuri smiled as she looked up at the ceiling.

 

“You remember the first time we’ve met?”

 

Yoona intertwined her fingers with hers.

 

“Of course I do. That day was epic… just like what happens in movies.”

 

 

*flashback*

 

It has been a month since Yoona broke up with Tiffany. She went through the worst of her life. Losing Tiffany was just like losing her purpose. She remembered how the girl changed her, how she became her utmost priority. She can recall how they dealt with different problems together. Their memories kept on flashing back in her mind and made her feel worse than ever.

 

She’s now wandering around the library to look for a fiction book for her bestfriend.

 

While walking towards the book shelves, she accidentally bumped into someone who was stepping backwards. The girl dropped her books and some notes. She knelt down on the floor to help her.

 

“I’m sorry. Are you okay?””, she asked.

“I’m fine… you? I’m sorry. I’m just new to this place since I’m not from this university before.”

 

They stood up as the girl carried her things.

 

“Thank you…”

 

The girl walked away. Yoona looked down on the floor and discovered that the girl dropped her hanky behind.

 

“Miss!”

 

Yoona tried to shout at her but the girl was gone already. She heard the librarian rung her bell to warn her of her voice.

 

She looked at the hanky in her hand.

 

Who is she?...

 

 

 

 

Yuri was busy reading in the library when her phone vibrated.

 

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Ne Seohyun-ah? What’s the matter?”

 

She heard her hiss.

 

“Unnie, can I ask you to look for a book there in the library? I’m so busy here in the laboratory now.”

“Sure thing Seo… what book is it?”

“the Outliers.”

 

Yuri stood up and proceeded to the book shelves. She scanned them one by one.

 

“I’ll just call if I find it.”

“Thanks unnie.”

 

She hanged up and continued looking for the book.

 

She looked for it carefully. She went through the shelves one by one. She smiled mischievously when she found it. when she pulled it out, someone from the other side of the shelf seem to pull it too.

 

“Eh?”

 

She let go of the book and went to the other side.

 

She suddenly froze when she saw the person behind it. it was the girl she bumped into yesterday. The girl looked at her and smiled, maybe recalling her face.

 

“Hey, you’re the girl who bumped me yesterday right?”, she asked.

“Ye-yes…”, Yuri replied shyly.

 

Yoona took out something from her pocket and handed it to Yuri. It was Yuri’s hanky.

 

“You dropped this too.”

 

Yuri got the hanky from her hand and smiled.

 

“Thank you…”

“Uhmm… I’m Im Yoona… and you are?”, she said, reaching out her hand.

“Yuri… Kwon Yuri.”

 

They shook hands and stared at each other for a while. They let go of their hands when they heard a familiar voice.

 

“Yuri-ah!”

 

Seohyun held her arm and looked at Yoona.

 

“Yoona unnie?”

 

Her gaze went back to Yoona.

 

“Why are the two of you together?”

 

Yoona looked at Seohyun, really confused.

 

“You guys know each other?”

 

Seohyun laughed as she cling her arms to Yuri.

 

“Of course unnie. Yuri unnie is my cousin…”

 

Yoona smiled embarrassedly as she rubbed the back of her head.

 

“Is that so? Uhmm…”

“It was nice meeting you Im Yoona.”, Yuri said.

 

Yoona suddenly found herself staring at those eyes in front of her, engulfing her very existence.

 

“Uhmm… me too. I hope to get to know you more…”

“Yoona unnie… not her.”

 

Yuri laughed a bit.

 

“I heard you’re a player, keke. Is that true Yoona-ssi?”

 

Yoona smirked at her. She was quite straightforward with things.

 

“I am… but now… I don’t know…”

“Yoona unnie… Yuri unnie and I have to go now, okay? She doesn’t know this place that much. Don’t worry; you’ll get to see her more. Bye!”

 

Seohyun dragged Yuri by her arm that the latter didn’t have any chance to say goodbye to Yoona.

 

Im… Yoona?

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

 

Yuri smiled as she recalled how they first met. She turned to her right and saw that Yoona’s already sleeping. She touched her cheek and slightly brushed her lips against it.

 

“I love you Yoona…”, she whispered.

 

 

 

 

Monday, 9:16am

 

Tiffany was inside the canteen, busy waiting for her order to come. She looked at the empty space beside her. Suddenly, for some unreasonable reason, Jessica popped into her mind.

 

She shook her head off to screw her thoughts. But Jessica’s features- her eyes, her smile, her attractive quirks, and her serious feelings- haunted her.

 

She sighed, now knowing what to do next. She knows maybe Sooyoung was right, that maybe this plan of hers won’t come out well. But a part of her is saying that no one else on earth could own Donghae, neither steal him from her.

 

“Tiff?”

 

She looked up and saw Krystal, Donghae’s girl buddy and Jessica’s sister. But Krystal doesn’t know anything about Tiffany and Donghae’s past.

 

“Yes?”

“I just want to ask… have you seen unnie?”

“Oh… Sica-ah? Nope.”

 

Krystal just smiled and thanked her before walking away. She hissed and opened her phone after it beeped.

 

One message received

From: Jessica

 

 

[Jessica]

Where are you?

 

Tiffany doesn’t know why but she suddenly felt the long to see her.

 

[Tiffany]

I’m here in the canteen. You’ll go here?

 

[Jessica]

Aigoo… sorry, I can’t go there now. I have to go to the council office and talk to Taengoo.

 

[Tiffany]

Is that so? Then I’ll just see you later.

 

[Jessica]

You’re not mad, are you?

 

 

Tiffany bit her lower lip.

 

 

[Tiffany]

No I’m not… go now and tell Taeyeon not to smack your in front of me or else, I’ll kill her, keke~~

 

 

Tiffany got awestruck when she realized what she had said.

 

Am I…. no….

 

[Jessica]

Pst.

 

[Tiffany]

Yeah?

 

[Jessica]

I love you mushie…

 

Tiffany felt the need to reply to her.

 

[Tiffany]

ILY too. :*

 

 

Tiffany finally got her orders. She just got the sandwich, kept it in her bag and went out of the canteen.

 

She was on her way to the art and literature gallery of Ace University when she bumped into someone.

 

“I’m sorry I didn’t mean to—“

 

She stopped when she saw a very remarkable face in front of her.

 

“F-fany?”

 

It was Yoona. Yoona was also kept frozen in her spot. Tiffany stared at those doe-like eyes in front of her, slowly bringing back their memories together.

 

“Yo-Yoona…”

 

The students around them stopped their specific works just to stare at the two. Catcalls and whispers started to envelope the hallway of the university.

 

“Oh wow! Look who are back in action.”

 

They turned to the girl who spoke up. There goes the annoying Hyorin again.

 

“It’s not like what you think Hyorin.”, Tiffany said.

“Is it really not?”

 

She looked mischievously at Yoona. her playful stare drags the hell out of her.

 

“What do you want?”

“It’s just that… I think…”

 

Hyorin slowly stared at Tiffany.

 

“What’s my name Tiffany?”

“Hyorin… that’s your devil name.”

 

Hyorin laughed.

 

“No… my complete name.”

 

Tiffany froze. She knows what Hyorin is up to.

 

“Speak up .”

“What the did you say?!”

 

Yoona grabbed her collar.

 

“Lee Hyorin… I said it already so let go of her Yoona.”

 

Yoona pushed her away gave her that death glare.

 

“Lee…. Isn’t that a beautiful last name Tiffany?”

 

Hyorin smirked, knowing Tiffany was revolving in her hands now.

 

“And you know what? It fits your name…”

“…”

“Want me to help you in getting him—“

“Would you guys mind if I join you?”

 

Yoona turned around and saw Yuri, carrying her back pack.

 

“Oh… Kwon Yuri-ssi… this thing is so great isn’t it?”

 

Hyorin laughed, obviously enjoying the moment and Tiffany clearly knows why.

 

“Me too… would you guys mind if I join this wonderful….”

 

Jessica suddenly appeared from Tiffany’s back, as she slowly held her hand and stared at Yoona and Yuri.

 

“conversation?...”, she continued, her tune quite annoyed.

 

Hyorin clapped her hands. The plan was going on well. Her desire to blurt out things kept her going, and also her great anger towards Tiffany and Jessica, for pushing his brother in the middle of life and death.

 

I’m doing this for you… Donghae oppa…

 

“Sica?”, Yuri said, her voice straining.

 

Yoona turned to Yuri with a confused look.

 

“You know Sica?”

 

Hyorin grabbed this chance to get inside the topic.

 

“Of course, Sica’s the Queen Bee…”

“I’m not talking to you—“

“And aside from that… I’m wondering why you’re too confused Yoona. didn’t Yuri tell you about it?”

 

Yoona raised a brow and saw how Yuri gulped.

 

“Oh My God. Such a shame for the four of you. Yuri-ah… didn’t you tell your GIRLFRIEND that Jessica, which is now the girlfriend of Yoona’s ex-girlfriend… is a part of your past?”

“What do you mean?”, Yoona asked.

 

Yuri held her arm but Yoona shove it away.

 

“What the crap is happening here Yuri?”

“Yoona let’s go—“

“Tell me first what’s going on.”, she said firmly.

 

Tiffany felt her heart beating so fast.

 

“Yuri’s my ex-girlfriend… the one next just a year after I broke with Lee Donghae… Hyorin’s brother.”

 

Jessica finally spoke up, trying to cool down the tension.

 

They all saw how Yoona scoffed in annoyance.

 

“Did I finally clear out things here, huh Hyorin?”

 

Hyorin smirked, trying to tell her NO.

 

“Partially… yes.”

 

Hyorin tapped Tiffany’s shoulder before she whistled and walked away. Jessica let go of Tiffany’s hand as she looked at Yuri.

 

“Yuri-ah…”

 

Yuri looked at her.

 

“Mianhaeyo…”

 

She then walked away. Tiffany bowed in front of Yoona and Yuri before she followed Jessica.

 

“Yoona—“

 

Yuri tried to hold her hand, but Yoona simply walked away without looking back at her.

 

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

---------------

 

late evening from the Philippines guys. i just woke up, hahaha. i fell asleep... forgetting the fact that i have to update now, hahaha ^^ sorry~~~~

 

so how was it? kekeke, please post your comments!

 

PS. guys? let us support Seohyejung and her buddy/co-author, YYsone, in their new fic, Love is a Battlefield. it's awesome, i tell you, hahahaha XD hail YoonYul troopers!!!

 

thanks for reading :))