chapter 5 - Nothing is Better than You and Me

Roots Seeking Another Land

 

Yuri sighed as she took slow steps towards her and Yoona’s condominium unit.

 

She can foresee what Yoona would do. Her mind contains Yoona, from the left, to the right and top to bottom. She just can’t keep the fact that she hurt the girl she valued the most with just a secret.

 

It was actually not a secret. Yuri kept it from her just because she thought Yoona doesn’t care about it at all. And now, it made her wonder why she got that reaction from Yoona.

 

Maybe Yoona’s jealous of Jessica knowing that she’s Tiffany’s girlfriend now?

 

Or maybe she’s just feeling bad that… it seemed like a game…

 

A game wherein fate trapped the ex-girlfriends… to be in love. Just a crossing over.

 

When she stopped in front of the door, she was thinking whether to knock still or not anymore. But before she can lay down her hands on it, the door opened.

 

“Get inside…”, Yoona said coldly.

 

She followed behind her and sat on the couch. Yoona was sitting on the floor while watching TV.

 

“I’m sorry…”, Yuri said under her breath.

 

Yoona lowered the volume of the TV and turned to her.

 

“What?”

 

The truth is, she heard her. And Yuri knows that Yoona heard what she said.

 

“I said I’m sorry Yoona.”

 

Yoona muted the TV and completely turned to face her.

 

“What did you say?”

 

Yuri scoffed.

 

“Are you insulting me Yoona?”

“Did I say yes?”

 

Yuri stared at her directly into her eyes.

 

“I said I’m sorry Im Yoona. Accept it or not, I don’t care.”

 

She stood up and went to their room and slammed the door behind her. She lied down and closed her eyes, not minding that she didn’t change her clothes.

 

She heard the door open. She saw Yoona coming in.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“It’s my room too… I mean ours.”

 

She stood up again and went to the bathroom to wash up. In this way, she can’t see her face.

 

Yoona knows how angry Yuri is now. She did the wrong move. She ruffled her hair as she waited for the older girl to come out.

 

One minute…

 

Two minutes…

 

Three minutes…

 

Four minutes…

 

Five minutes…

 

Six minutes…

 

Seven minutes…

 

Eight minutes…

 

Nine minutes….

 

*blag*

 

It took her 10 minutes before she saw Yuri step out of the bathroom. Yuri removed her ponytail and wristwatch and lied down on the bed. Her back was facing Yoona, and it made Yoona feel sorrier.

 

“Yuri…”

 

Yuri didn’t even respond.

 

“Fine I’m sorry!”

 

She sat up on her bed and faced Yoona.

 

“That kills me the most Yoona. Your pride… can’t you just ing lower that down?”

 

*slap*

 

“Can you blame me if I acted like that Yuri?”

 

Yuri scoffed and touched her cheek.

 

“Do I deserve that?”

“You don’t… I’m just letting you know how much it hurts.”

 

Yoona and Yuri just stared at each other.

 

“Are you jealous over Sica?”

“What?”

“That she’s with Fany—“

“What the…”

 

Yoona gritted her teeth.

 

“And now you’re thinking I’m being like this because she’s ting around my ex-girlfriend.”

“Don’t call Jessica that.”

“And now you’re protecting her.”

“I’m just doing what exactly you did for Tiffany a while ago… how you grabbed Hyorin’s collar and was about to chew her like a .”

 

Yoona saw how Yuri’s tears slowly built up in her eyes.

 

“Don’t cry Yuri—“

“How does it feel to encounter her once again huh? Did your feelings come back?”

“Yul stop it—“

“Did it bring back that desire to be with her? Just tell me Yoona…”

 

Yoona didn’t answer back.

 

“Because if it did, then I’ll let you go back to her. I hope you’ll do the same if someday I’ll say I still love Jessica.”

 

Yuri lied down again, in the same position before.

 

And those were the last words heard from them. Nothing more but only the silence that devoured them.

 

 

 

Jessica hates it when she can’t sleep at night. She tossed to the left, then to the right, but what’s inside her mind was the girl she loves the most.

 

Tiffany…

 

She stood up and checked her clock on the bedside.

 

1:36am

 

Jessica ruffled her hair, not knowing what to do just to fall asleep.

 

If you mind knowing what’s inside her head, it was when she saw how Yoona protected Tiffany from Hyorin. And how Tiffany’s eyes got stuck into the doe-eyed girl.

 

She went to the kitchen to drink some water when she heard the doorbell rang.

 

What?? It’s late already…

 

When she sneaked unto the window, she saw Tiffany outside the gate. She hurriedly opened the door, then the gate, and let her in.

 

“It’s really late now Tiff. Why are you here?”

“Can I come in first?”

 

They both went inside Jessica’s house and went straight to the kitchen. Jessica got coffee for them.

 

“Tell me… why did you come here at this time?”

 

Tiffany held her hand.

 

“I just want to see you…”

 

In Tiffany’s side, she went there to really see her. She never felt this longing before but all she knows is that she needs to check out the Ice Princess.

 

“But it’s really late and it’s dangerous Tiff.”

“I don’t care…”

 

Jessica kissed her forehead as she held her hand tightly.

 

“Tiff… can I ask something?”

“Yeah… what is it?”

 

Jessica sat closer to her.

 

“When you saw Yoona… how did you feel?”

“What kind of question is that Sica?”

“I mean…  I know you can see her sometimes but… how did you feel when you encountered her that close?”

 

Tiffany sighed.

 

“Nothing…”

“Are you sure?”

 

Tiffany’s eyes narrowed.

 

“Are you jealous over Yoona?”

 

Jessica looked at the side and simply nodded.

 

“You know… as the girlfriend… I can’t deny the fact that I saw her protecting you and I would feel nothing. I’m just—“

“I don’t love her anymore…”

 

Tiffany cupped her face and smiled.

 

“What time is it Tiff?”

“I don’t know…”

“I think you should go home—“

“I’ll sleep here so shut up, okay?”

 

Tiffany stood up and ran upstairs to go to Jessica’s room. Jessica went inside too and was welcomed with a hug and kiss from Tiffany.

 

She shut the door behind her, still groping herself in the kiss. She pushed their bodies on the bed, with her on top. She pulled back and stared at those puppy eyes in front of her.

 

“I love you…”, she whispered as she laid her lips down on hers.

 

She pulled back again, wanting to .

 

“Tiffany Hwang…”

“Hmm…”

“I don’t know why but I ended up loving your name.”

“And?”

 

She kissed her again, with more force now.

 

“And then I ended up…”

 

She did it, leaving her hanging to say the words she needs to hear.

 

She kissed her again, both battling for dominance.

 

“Then I ended up… loving you…”

 

Jessica let their foreheads touch. Tiffany lied down beside her and looked at her eyes.

 

“You really have no plans of going home?”

 

Tiffany chuckled as she shook her head.

 

“No… I want to stay here…”

 

She nudged closer to her, her head resting on Jessica’s stretched arms.

 

“I want to feel you close…”

 

Jessica kissed her forehead and pulled her closer.

 

“Make me sleep Fany-ah… I’m quite tired…”

“So… what should I do then?”

 

Jessica closed her eyes as felt Tiffany’s hot breath against her skin.

 

“Sing me a song…”, she requested.

 

Tiffany smiled as she closed her eyes too. She admits Donghae’s memories are still there, but her heart just found its way out its barriers.

 

It’s just a maybe…

 

And it’ll continue with “let’s see”… that’s life for her.

 

“Nothing is better than you baby, even when the morning comes, here i am
Nothing is better than you and me oh oh forever…”

 

Tiffany slowly leaned in and kissed Jessica’s closed eyes.

 

Her heart still wonders why…

 

Why these things are happening to her…

 

But she closed her eyes and drifted to sleep. Now, all that matters is that she’s in a safer place.

 

 

 

Yoona was sitting on the couch when Yuri went out of the room, already prepared to leave.

 

Yuri walked pass by her. She held her hand but Yuri let go.

 

“I have to go now.”

 

Yuri got her backpack but Yoona stood up this time and held her arm.

 

“Let go Yoona.”

“No.”

 

Yuri turned to face her.

 

“And why?”

“Because I’m afraid… afraid that the moment I see you go out of that door, you won’t come back anymore.”

 

Yuri held her hand and put it down.

 

“You won’t lose me… I just need space…”

“Don’t you love me anymore?”

 

Yuri shook her head.

 

“Of course I do… that’s why it hurts…”

 

She kissed her forehead before leaving Yoona. the moment the door closed, Yoona ripped off from her thoughts. She needs to pursue her again, just like what Yuri did on the start of their relationship.
 

She opened the door and just watched as Yuri’s car went out of the gate. She felt so empty without her. Maybe this time, she needs to prove that she can’t lose Yuri.

 

 

 

Yoona was now alone in the school garden. She got shocked when someone sat beside her.

 

“Ti-Tiffany?”

 

Tiffany looked at her and smiled.

 

But unlike then… it doesn’t have a great impact anymore.

 

“What are you doing here? Your girlfriend—“

“Jessica’s not like that. She might get jealous but she knows how to deal with things.”

 

Tiffany handed over to her a cup of coffee.

 

“Thanks…”

“So how are you and Kwon Yuri?”

 

Yoona took a sip and sighed.

 

“I don’t know… we had a fight last night… it was my fault after all.”

“That’s what you get for not trusting her in the first place.”

 

Memories rushed back to her.

 

TRUST to your partner.

 

That broke her and Tiffany.

 

“It hurt a lot when I decided to leave you Yoona… but trust lacked… and you cheated.”

“I didn’t cheat on you Tiffany—“

“Then who was that girl calling you ‘baby’ huh?”

 

Yoona hissed.

 

“Just a friend… actually, it was Sunkyu’s girlfriend, Hyomin.”

“Then why did she call you baby?”

“She had a huge crush on me, but I seriously don’t like her. She just toyed around Sunkyu.”

 

Yoona stared at her confusedly.

 

“Why are you still digging up the past?”

“I just want to clear out everything. We never talked after that Yoona.”

“And that was because you pushed me—“

“I never pushed you away. I’m just scared to get hurt again.”

 

Tiffany stood up.

 

“Before I go… maybe your girlfriend is jealous over me because of what you did yesterday. Apologize to her Im Yoona. I don’t want to cause another break up here.”

“I apologized already, but—“

“Patience…. And trust. That’s what you need.”

 

Tiffany bid goodbye and walked away. Yoona stared at the cup of coffee in her hands. She left it on the bench and looked for Yuri.

 

Patience…

 

Trust…

 

And…

 

Love….

 

 

 

Jessica was busy watching the beautiful, sleeping girl in front of her.

 

She shoved some strands of her hair and tucked it behind her ear. She smiled as her fingers made contact with her face. It felt so real.

 

“Still sleepy Princess?”

 

Tiffany just smiled.

 

Later on, Sooyoung passed by and stared at them. She looked at Tiffany with curious eyes.

 

“What’s the matter Soo?”, she asked.

 

Jessica looked at Sooyoung and raised a brow.

 

“Sooyoung-ah, why are you staring like that at my girlfriend?”

 

Sooyoung grinned and shook her head.

 

“You two are just… giving me goosebumps, keke.”

 

She ran away when Jessica was about to chase her. Tiffany stopped her by wrapping her arms around her waist and placing a soft kiss on her shoulder.

 

“Don’t scare her like that.”

 

Jessica turned around and kissed her cheek.

 

“Go back to sleep. I know it’s tiring to write articles and stuffs.”

“And you?”

“I’m just gonna…”

 

Tiffany cupped her face.

 

“Gonna?”

“Gonna watch you sleep…”

 

She ruffled Jessica’s hair and hugged her.

 

Her conscience racks her now. She just can’t hurt someone as dear as her.

 

But she started it already, and she doesn’t know how she should end it.

 

Tiffany clenched her fist, trying to fight her thoughts.

 

“Gwaenchana?”

 

Tiffany simply smiled at her. It’s her only way to escape from Jessica’s observant eyes.

 

 

 

10:27pm

 

Yoona was so worried now. She was waiting for Yuri to arrive, but 4 hours have passed already.

 

She checked her phone, hoping to see any message from Yuri. She saw nothing. She sighed and tried to figure out where she could be.

 

 

 

Seo Residence

 

Seohyun was busy reading her books when she heard someone banging the gates outside. It’s late at night and she had creeps checking outside.

 

When she went out, she saw Yoona peeking through the gates.

 

“Seohyun-ah! Where’s Yuri?”

 

Seohyun opened the gate.

 

“It’s late Yoona. what are you doing here?”

“I know she’s inside Seo—“

“No, she’s not. Go home already unnie.”

 

Yoona pushed herself inside the gates. She ran to the door and pounded on it.

 

“Unnie… stop it.”

“Yuri-ah!”

 

The door opened. Yoona sighed as she saw the girl she was looking for.

 

“Seohyun? Get inside, I’ll talk to her.”

“Okay…”

 

Seohyun glared at Yoona.

 

Yoona pulled her closer.

 

“What are you doing here?”

“Go home please…”

 

Yuri sighed in surrender.

 

“fine…”

 

They both hopped into Yoona’s car. Silence was all that was present. Yoona still felt the emptiness. She looked at Yuri and saw the absence of hers.

 

 

After 20 minutes.

 

Yuri went out of the car, leaving Yoona behind. She went straight to their unit and slumped herself on the bed.

 

Yoona sat beside her. She stared at those eyes of hers, which blinked away after making contact with her.

 

Yoona lied down beside Yuri. Their backs were again, facing each other. Yoona hates this too much. She turned to face Yuri and tried to talk to her.

 

“Yuri?”

 

No response.

 

Yoona shook her shoulder. She moved closer to her, their bodies barely touching. She wrapped one arm around Yuri’s waist but Yuri moved it away from her.

 

“Stop killing me with your silence Yuri!”

 

Tears ran out of her eyes. She looked up at the ceiling; still Yuri beside her had no plan to face her.

 

“Yuri talk to me…”, she said as calmly as she can.

 

Yuri didn’t respond again. She bit her lower lip, trying to stop herself from sobbing.

 

On the other hand, Yuri heard all her quirks. She tried not to look at her. But after she heard one sob from Yoona, she turned to face the latter.

 

“What did I do wrong Yul?”

“Nothing… I told you already I need space…”

“And this is what you call space? To not talk to me for the whole day? Is this it?”

 

Yoona was about to stand up and walk away from the bed when Yuri held her arm.

 

“I thought you want me close to you—“

“I want to… but if we would just be this silent? I better not be with you tonight.”

 

Yoona was fighting over her, her thoughts trying to wake Yuri up. Yuri pulled her by the nape and gave her a forced kiss. Yoona pushed her away, a bit strong.

 

“What—“

 

Her words were cut off when Yuri sat up and pulled her closer. She kissed her again, with more force than the first.

 

Yoona tried not to kiss back. She kept her lips shut together. Yuri pushed her back to the bed, with her on top. She trapped Yoona by holding her arm tightly, gripping it as strongly as she can.

 

She knows Yoona’s hurting now, but she continued what she was doing. Later on, she felt the pillow where Yoona’s head was lying getting damped.

 

She pulled away and saw her crying. But Yuri was already out of her mind.

 

She kissed her again. Yoona didn’t kiss back. She put her hands on her shoulder blade, slightly pushing her collarbone. She heard her protest, but she didn’t stop.

 

Yoona felt so powerless. She can’t move her hands and push her away. Yuri had never been like this before, and it made her hurt more.

 

When Yuri pulled back again, it was her time to speak.

 

“Stop…. This…..”

 

Yuri gripped her hands, trying to intertwine their fingers together. She wiped off the tears on her cheek, and placed a chaste kiss on it.

 

“I want you to stop what you’re doing.”

 

Yuri sat up on the bed and closed her eyes. She made the wrong move.

 

“Stop it… you know… keeping it all in silence… just ing stop it.”, Yoona said.

“You started it—“

“I don’t care…”

 

Yoona had the strength now. She just can’t let go.

 

“I hate you…”

“I hate you right back.”

“….”

“Why don’t you just go back to Tiffany?”

“Stop being a jealous brat Yuri.”

 

Yuri faced her.

 

“Can you blame me huh? You almost didn’t love me back because of her!”

“I don’t love her anymore!”

“You do.”

 

Yoona held her arm.

 

“I don’t… because I love you.”

 

Yuri wanted to slap herself. Those were the words she’s been longing to hear with sincerity.

 

“Yuri I love you… can you hear me?”

 

Yoona cupped her face.

 

“Im Yoona.”

“Yeah?”

 

Yuri smiled and gripped the end of her shirt.

 

“I’m sorry… for bringing up the past. You know that I love you—“

 

She stopped speaking when Yoona kissed her and wrapped her arms around her neck. This time, it was Yoona dictating her what she would do. She parted her lips, letting the latter make her move.

 

Yoona pulled back to whisper the words which will finally let them know that they’re both forgiven.

 

“I want you love… right now….”

 

Yuri chuckled, knowing what she meant.

 

“Patience… wait for the time that I’ll be ready.”

 

She heard a cute groan from her.

 

“You’ll be my first… so it needs a precious time. Not now Yoong…”

 

The tip of their noses touched.

 

“Someday… we will.”

 

Yoona hates to wait. But when it comes to her, patience comes first.

 

Yuri nudged her head in the crook of her neck and closed her eyes.

 

“I miss this.”

“Yeah… me too. I missed you.”

 

 

To be continued….

 

 

---------------

 

okay, so that's chapter 5 :)

i think this fic will run for 15 to 25 chapters. let's see. XD hehehe. 

 

please post your comments guys! thanks for reading! Love You All!!! <3 <3 

 

#10 days before Graduation :'(