Chapter 1 - When Love Hurts

Roots Seeking Another Land

 

Yuri stood up when she saw the door open. She looked at the girl who stepped inside the house. The girl just walked without greeting her.

 

“Where are you going now Yoona?”

 

Yoona looked at Yuri with her tired eyes.

 

“I’m gonna sleep already…”

 

Yuri wanted to pull her and hug her, but when she heard the door slam before her, she stopped.

 

It has been three months since they’ve been together, but Yuri never felt Yoona’s presence.

 

She never felt the affection she wants…

 

Nor the love she’s been waiting for.

 

Yuri blames one person for all of these.

 

 

Tiffany…..

 

She went inside the room where Yoona had stayed in. she saw the girl lying on her bed, her back facing Yuri. Yuri lied down beside her and turned herself sideways, both backs separating their worlds.

 

Yuri closed her eyes. Yoona’s absence kills her. She’s present physically, but all that Yuri knows is that… her heart just won’t belong to her.

 

If I’m just her… someone whom you would love back…

 

Then I won’t be hurting like this….

 

 

 

 

The next day…

 

 

Yoona opened her eyes when sunlight struck her vision. She stood up and freshened up herself.

 

When she went out, she saw Yuri leaving the pancakes on the table. Yuri looked at her and showed a small smile.

 

“How was your sleep?”

 

Yoona walked to her and sat down. She didn’t answer back.

 

Yuri just ruffled Yoona’s hair. She kissed her forehead and bid goodbye.

 

“See you later at school, okay? I love you…”

 

Yuri’s heart sunk when she didn’t say “I love you too” to her.

 

For their three months together, Yoona never said those words to her. It was only her showing attention and love, but Yoona never did.

 

But as long as Yoona’s her girlfriend, she’ll be okay with that.

 

“I have to go now Yoong…”

 

Before she stepped out of the door, Yoona spoke out.

 

“You ate your breakfast already?”

 

Yuri smiled.

 

It may mean nothing to Yoona, but for her…

 

She just caught a diamond…

 

“I did… eat there now. You’re too skinny already.”

 

Yoona just nodded meekly. Yuri’s used to her silence, but still she’s hurt seeing her like this.

 

Yuri smiled before shutting the door behind her. She heaved a sigh, still not knowing what she would do to have Yoona completely.

 

Yoona heard the slow shutting of the door. She looked at the table and saw a note left under the plate.

 

 

Yoona,

 

Yoong… it seems you’re too tired last night… by the way, your father called. He said he wants you to go home over the weekend. I heard you’re brother’s going home.

 

See you at school.

 

Yuri

 

 

Yoona looked at the pancakes she had prepared.

 

All these times, she knows she’s hurting Yuri. And she can’t understand why the older girl still holds on to their relationship.

 

Their relationship was never clear. They would fight and both will keep silent for a while. Then the next day, Yuri will just talk to her as if nothing had happened.

 

She never said the words “I love you” to her. But Yuri keeps on repeating it everyday…

 

Every single minute…

 

Every single moment that passes by, as long as it’s possible.

 

She said yes to Yuri when she started courting her, just a month after she broke up with Tiffany.

 

She knows she’s not yet ready for a new love. And she feels so stupid to say yes. But she can’t just turn down what Yuri had done for her already. She’ll just end up hurting another person. Just like how she hurt Tiffany.

 

 

 

 

Ace University

 

 

Jessica stepped inside the classroom and saw a girl teaching someone how to manipulate such website. She smiled. She loved how this girl never failed to make her smile even though she went through the hands of the girl who mercilessly crushed the hearts of others.

 

She clenched her fist, but straightened up when she saw the girl look up at her and waved.

 

“Jessica-ssi!”

“Fany-ah…”

 

Tiffany walked to her and got her bag for her.

 

“You’ve been early today huh… you didn’t sleep, did you?”

 

Jessica chuckled and shook her head.

 

“You dork, I just happen to wake up because of my alarm.”

“Maybe your mother threw the alarm clock to you?”

 

Jessica slapped her arm playfully.

 

“So… what’s keeping you busy there huh?”

 

Tiffany looked at her laptop and typed something.

 

“My friend’s account got hacked. I’m trying to track the user who hacked it.”

“If you catch that person, don’t kill her. Your hacking skills sometimes haunt me Tiff.”

 

Tiffany smiled heartily.

 

“Are you busy this noon?”

 

Tiffany thought up for a while.

 

“Hmm… not so I think… why?”

“Want to have lunch with me?”

 

Tiffany furrowed her brows.

 

“We’re not dating, are we?”

 

Jessica chuckled.

 

But deep inside, she hoped what she said was true.

 

“Sica?”

 

Jessica snapped out of her thoughts.

 

“Uhm… of course not, keke. So… you’re going with me?”

“Sure thing…”

“Where do you want to eat?”

“Anywhere… you? What place is great huh?”

 

Jessica looked at her.

 

“Anywhere… as long as you are with me…”

 

Tiffany was quite shocked of what she said.

 

“Don’t get me wrong Tiffany…”

“Oww… yeah, yeah… I know.”

 

Tiffany started typing again. Jessica just stared at her, hoping that from a distance, maybe Tiffany could hear the things she never had said…

 

 

 

 

Yoona was alone inside the canteen. She saw a group of girls standing across her. She looked up at them and smirked.

 

“Is this real guys?”, Hyorin, one of the girls, said.

 

The girls laughed.

 

“Im Player is alone here! Oh my God Yoona… you really can’t get over her?”

 

Yoona dropped her focus back to the book she was reading. She tried hard not to argue with them.

 

“Im Yoona… so how’s Tiffany on bed?”

 

Yoona’s hand slowly clenched.

 

“Isn’t she great that you dumped her the next few days?”

“Girl, I think she’s not satisfied with in—“

 

Yoona slammed the table and stood up. She glared at Hyorin and her companions. Hyorin stepped closer to her, teasing her.

 

“I heard you have Kwon Yuri as your new one now…”

 

Yoona gritted her teeth in anger.

 

“You really have great taste when it comes to choosing girls huh…”

 

Hyorin smirked at her.

 

“So did you two reached what you really want fro—“

“The hell you care about Yoona?”

 

Hyorin and her companions, and also Yoona’s eyes landed on Yuri. She grabbed Hyorin’s collar and looked straight to her eyes.

 

“You don’t know her… so don’t judge her…”

“Stop acting like a knight in shining armour Yuri. We all know here that Yoona’s a player. You’ll just be a part of her collection.”

“It was me who asked her out… so shut up. I love Yoona… so get your out of her.”

 

Yuri pushed her and glared at her companions. They all left, leaving the two inside the canteen.

 

“Why did you do that?”, Yoona asked.

 

Yoona sat down, Yuri did the same.

 

“I just want to protect—“

“Quit it Yuri! I’ll just hurt you….”

 

Yuri froze. It was the first time Yoona had said this to her.

 

“If you know that you’ll just hurt me… then why did you say yes when I asked you to be my girlfriend?”

 

Yoona saw those pair of hurtful eyes looking at her.

 

“I’m…”

“You had me as a rebound Yoona…”

 

Yoona looked down. Her then so confident and gutful self got lost since Tiffany had gone away from her life.

 

“Yoona… I know what it feels to be broken…”

“….”

“It can chew you and kill you like a …”

 

Yuri smiled sadly.

 

“And that’s what I feel all this time…”

“Yul—“

“It’s okay… I still won’t leave you… you can push me away, hurt me in all the things you do… but it’s the only you can guarantee from me Yoona…”

 

Yuri leaned closer to kiss her forehead.

 

“If you could just love me back Yoona…”

 

She kissed the tip of Yoona’s nose.

 

“No one would be hurt… not me… or you… but it’s all set for dreams…”

 

She was about to kiss Yoona’s lips, but she stopped.

 

“A dream which landed far out from sky… that even I can’t reach…”

 

She stepped back and forced a smile at her so-called girlfriend.

 

Yoona hates to see Yuri suffering like this. If only her heart wasn’t torn apart… maybe she could love her back without any fear within her.

 

Maybe…

 

 

 

 

Yoona knocked on the door of her and Yuri’s condominium unit. No one opened the door so she just went inside. She looked around and found the place so gloomy. There were no signs of them living there.

 

“Yuri?”

 

She walked around to look for Yuri. She didn’t found her so she thought Yuri maybe out there, trying to wind up herself.

 

She sat down and closed her eyes, trying to reflect on her own.

 

 

*flashback*

 

Tiffany’s lips curved into a smile as she felt two hands covering her eyes. She touched the hands and slowly caressed it.

 

“Long, and skinny fingers… with strawberry smelling palms…”

 

Yoona smiled as she slowly removed her hands from behind.

 

“How’s my girlfriend?”, she asked.

 

She saw how Tiffany’s face changed, from happy to quite sad.

 

“Are you okay Tiff?”

“They kept on saying you might just be playing around with me…”

 

Yoona sighed. She pulled her closer to her and wrapped her arms around her.

 

“I love you Tiffany… you know that…”

“But I’m still scared…”

“Are you saying that you don’t trust me?”

 

Yoona slightly growled.

 

“You changed me Tiffany. I’m not the Yoona that everyone used to know!”

 

Tiffany looked at her.

 

Since the start of their relationship, trust is the main antagonist. Tiffany lacks trust on Yoona, fearing that she might just toy with her. On the other hand, Yoona lacks trust on Tiffany, fearing that Tiffany might just leave her just like what others usually do.

 

“I know it was never easy Fany-ah… but hold on…”

 

Yoona kissed her temple.

 

“I’ll prove that you’ll be my only one…”

 

Tiffany slowly smiled. A part of her might doubt what they have, but Im Yoona and her words never failed to make her hold on, even if worlds just won’t be right for them.

 

 

 

 

After 3 weeks…

 

Tiffany smiled at the thought that Yoona did what she had promised to her. She never looked at other girls the way she looked at Tiffany. She never treated other people badly since it would make her mad.

 

She loved how Yoona changed for them.

 

She loved how Yoona tried to be better for her.

 

Today, Tiffany is so excited for the night. It’s their 5th monthsary and she just can’t wait for Yoona to go home.

 

She checked her wristwatch and saw that it’s already 8:58 in the evening. She’s quite worrying about Yoona now, but she shoved away the thoughts and waited for her patiently.

 

 

After 2 hours.

 

Tiffany was walking back and forth. She’s wondering where Yoona could be now. She tried to call her, for the 30th time already, but she didn’t pick up.

 

She tried to call Seohyun, Yoona’s bestfriend, for help, but even she doesn’t know where the latter is.

 

Tiffany had the urge to cry, but she stopped herself. She knows she needs to hold on.

 

Where are you Yoong?

 

Just then, she heard knocks on the door. She walked hurriedly, expecting that it could be Yoona.

 

But when she opened it…

 

*chuckles*

 

“I had a great time with you baby…”, a girl wearing short shorts said to Yoona, clinging to her arms.

 

Yoona, obviously very drunk, didn’t even notice Tiffany’s presence in front of them.

 

Tiffany can’t believe her eyes.

 

Baby?

 

But the next thing hurt her more.

 

The girl leaned in and kissed Yoona’s chin. She saw how Yoona grinned at the girl when she started to walk away. Before Yoona could finally notice her, Tiffany hid herself behind the door, crying to death.

 

She heard heavy, groggy steps on the floor. Yoona slumped herself on the couch and ed two top buttons of her polo. Yoona groaned a bit and closed her eyes, still too clueless that her girlfriend was watching her.

 

When she heard her steady breathing, tIffany slowly walked to her. She’s not crying anymore. She had no tears left…

 

And maybe she just lost all her reasons to cry.

 

She touched her face lightly and forced a smile. She never thought this angel sleeping in front of her, would hide something as cruel as that to her.

 

And she feels so stupid now.

 

Tiffany, now so naïve and meaningless… chose to leave a note and left Yoona, still not knowing what happened.

 

 

 

 

The next day…

 

Yoona opened her eyes and groaned when she felt the stinging pain crawling in her head.

 

She stood up and rubbed her eyes. She got inside the bathroom to freshen up.

 

When she went out, she noticed no signs of Tiffany.

 

“Babe?”, she called out.

 

She walked around the place to check if Tiffany’s there, but she saw no one. All she saw was the note left on the sidetable.

 

 

Yoona,

 

Happy monthsary babe… I love you so much…

This will be the last time I’ll be telling you this. You deserve someone else out there who can fully accept you. And I deserve someone who can love me… and only me….

 

I’ll never forget you. See you around Im Yoona…

 

Tiffany

 

 

Yoona curled up her forehead. Just when she was thinking why Tiffany had wrote this, moments from last night flashed into her mind.

 

She remembered when she entered the bar with her friends. she tried not to drink but she got carried away. How one girl quickly swept her off….

 

And how fast she forgot their anniversary.

 

Yoona didn’t waste any time. She ran to the door and slammed it off.

 

 

*end of flashback*

 

Yoona chose to keep her eyes shut. After reflecting on the past… something unusual popped into her mind.

 

Yuri…

 

Her heart was supposed to be so damn squeezing because of hurt now, but for the very first time, she felt a bit relieved.

 

Yuri’s smile…

Her captivating looks…

Her nice self…

Her ever loyal feelings…

 

She somehow felt guilty for not loving her back.

 

Yoona opened her eyes when she heard the door creaking. She saw Yuri, carrying a bottle of beer in her hands. Yoona stood up and went to her.

 

“Why are you late?”

 

Yuri just looked at her. Yuri’s not drunk and her eyes tell all the hurts she’s been keeping.

 

“Yuri-ah…”

“It’s so nice to hear you utter my name…”

 

Yuri smiled a bit and opened the door of their room. Yoona followed her and grabbed the bottle from her hand. She drank it up and threw it to the side.

 

“Yah!”, Yuri shouted.

“Who told you to drink huh?”

 

Yuri smirked.

 

“Yoona… I know I’ve told you something not nice a while ago but please don’t try to be concerned about me. I might just think that you love me.”

 

Yoona held her arm.

 

“Talk to me…”

“I’m talking to you—“

 

Yoona suddenly pushed Yuri against the wall, her hand clutching her shoulder blade. she was holding her tightly, almost hurting Yuri.

 

“Get off me Yoona.”

 

Yuri’s hand landed on her chest, wanting to push her away. But Yoona was just too close to her.

 

“What do you want from me Yoong?”

“Why do you still hold on when all I do is hurt you?”

 

Yoona slightly loosened up when she saw Yuri tearing up.

 

“I love you… that’s why…”

“But—“

“And I know that you won’t love me… that’s why here I go… looking so stupid and pathetic…”

“…”

“Gone pathetic of loving you…”

 

Yoona saw how her tears slowly clouded Yuri’s vision. She wanted to wipe off those tears away, but she can’t lift her hand.

 

“I hope you can see how much I love you…”

“I can Yuri… I can… that’s the reason why I feel so guilty everytime I see you being like this because of loving me…”

 

Yuri was left speechless.

 

“You loved the wrong person Yul…”

 

yoona slowly leaned in and left a peck on Yuri’s forehead.

 

“I’m sorry for hurting you…”

 

Yuri’s index finger landed on Yoona’s lips.

 

“Ssshhh… just… just let me finish what I’ve started… let me take away the pain Yoong…”

“…”

“And I promise one day you will love me too…”

 

Yuri’s forehead touched hers. They both closed their eyes. Yoona’s thumb touched her cheek lightly, wiping the warm tears she just cried off.

 

Yoona doesn’t know if she loves Yuri, but having her this close…

 

She felt her heart starting to skip a beat again.

 

 

To be continued…

 

 

----------

 

so that's the first chapter :)) so glad i made it eactly on Taengoo's birthday, hahaha. 

sorry if it's more on YoonYul. well actually they're the main pairing here, hehehe. but expect more JeTi moment in the next one. :)

 

 

saengil chukahamnida unnie!!!! 

 

kindly post your comments!! thank you!! <3