2 Birds, 1 Stone

Someone's Watching Over Me

Kai's POV

After knowing that JaeMin was waiting for me in the company after practice, me and D.O hyung made a run for it. But 'somehow' (and by somehow I mean ChanYeol hyung screaming ' Ya! Jongin, where are you going?'with his extremely loud voice that could be heard by almost everyone in the hallway) she noticed me and started coming for me.

In the process of not getting caught by her, I kinda accidentally bumped into a girl. For some weird reason she looked really familiar but I did'nt have time to stop and think about it. I think KyungSoo hyung helped her out because when I looked to see whether JaeMin was catching up on me, I saw him helping her. As soon as he caught up with me, we got into a taxi and just told to drop us off at any cafe nearby.

So here we are, in Melody Diner! What a coincidence! We were really sweaty and this pace has good air conditioning, so why not stay here for a while. KyungSoo hyung went to the restroom as soon as we reached and I took a seat in the coldest region of the place.

A waitress came and sang the menu. I gotta say, that is one unique idea. The manager sure has creativity. But I was debating with myself if I should order or not . The thing is I forgot my wallet, actually I didnt even take my bag with me. I guess KyungSoo hyung will have his, so I think its safe for me to order.

I just ordered a chocolate and strawberry milkshake, so that I dont burden him ( and also I don't know how much cash he has with him now ) . I was looking aroung to see if the girl from the other was here. Unfortunately, I could'nt find her. By then KyungSoo hyung returned and took a seat . 

"Who are you looking for?" he asked me.

"Uh.. no one.By the way, that was a close call." I said while wiping off the remaining beads of sweat on my forehead.

"You bet it was. But I don't understand one thing." 

"What is it?"

"Why is JaeMin so clingy?"

"She's always been like that"

"But it wan'st to this limit , was it?"

" I'd like to know why too."

Our drinks came and finished it in one go. We did run a whole lot of metres and that too right after practice! 'Brainfreeze' was the first thing that came out of our motuhs right after finishing it. Yup, he definately knows me well. I sat there waiting for him to pay the bill but what was strange is that he was still sitting while giving me the same look. He might have thought that I was gonna pay.

"Uh hyung, could you pay this time, I kinda forgot to bring my wallet." I confessed.

"Uh-oh"

"'Uh-oh'? What's with the 'uh-oh'? Don't tell me... you...forgot"

He nodded in response.

"How could you forget your wallet!?" I asked him.

"Me?! You also forgot to bring yours too, you know!" 

"Forget that! How in the world are we gonna pay now?"

I sat there and ruffled my hair and he was sitting there with his eyes almost popping out. We are in so much trouble!! What are we gonna do? 

"I've got a plan!" KyungSoo hyung said. Yes, finally, we'll be able to get through this!..

"What is it?" I asked , excited to hear how we can escape from here.

"First let's decide with 'rock , paper , scissors' , who will do it."

"Do what?"

"The plan."

"What is the plan?"

"I'll tell you after we do 'rock, paper, scissors'."

"Fine."

I played rock and he played paper.

"Best of two out of three?" I suggested.

"You're on."

Eventually, I lost in all three rounds and I had to do whatever the plan.

"So what is this 'big plan' of yours?" I asked.

"It's rather simple, actually."

"Will you please tell me now, instead of dragging it more?"

"Ok alright, grumpy pants. You have to tell the manager or owner of this place truth."

"That's your big plan? Really? You're kidding me right?"

"I joke around, but I don't kid. So go on our way now."

"Alright , I'm going already."

I asked the girl at the counter to call for the manager. After a few minutes, the manager came and I told the truth to her. She told me to work here for two weeks to pay off. She also said that since I looked good, I'd bring more customers.

"By the way, who is that?" I asked as I saw the 'Employee of the month' board as I was about to leave. It was the girl from before.

"Oh, you mean HuiRae?"

"Yeah, " Then suddenly an idea popped into my mind, "is it possible that I could get the same shift as her?"

"You're eager about working here, already?" She said with a smirk.

"Uh, yeah."

"Sure, you can come by evening tomorrow. That's when her shift starts."

"Thank you. I'll get going now."

And with that, I got a job (unintentionally) and also an oppurtunity to get to know HuiRae better. That is what I call a '2 birds, 1 stone' situation.

 

 

 

 

 

 


Hello my lovely subscribers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm finally back and I'm gonna be staying here for while cuz I'm on vacation for almost 3 months!!!

YEHET!!!

I just wanted to update a chapter so badly! even though it's short cuz I couldnt for soooooooooooo long!

Sorry for the grammar and spelling errors ,if there are.

Its because I'm super sleepy and its 3am here.

So I'll be going to sleep now

ANNYEONG !!!