Risk #9 Part II

Risk-Taker

He nodded thanks to the girl when they walked out of the bakery. He lifted his gaze to meet with the girl's. He stared. She stared back with tears welling up in her eyes. He got his phone out of his pocket and stared at his lock screen. It had to be her. "Miss, is this you?" he asked as he turned the phone screen towards her. 

"What do you mean 'Miss, is this you' ?" she asked, volume up. "I just wanted to know if it was you..." he looked at the phone screen and at her face to and fro. He wanted to be sure before he trusted her. "I get it." she sighed as she walked off. He noticed her eyes turn dull. He watched at her retreating. He sighed as he walked towards his house, dialling a random number from his speed dial. He ended on Youngbae's number. 

"Hello?" Youngbae's familiar voice landed through the speakers.

"I met her." JiYong cut things short and went straight to the point.

"Met who?" Youngbae had his acting cool voice on. As in trying to hide his nervousness cool.

"The girl. THAT GIRL. Who is she? She seemed hurt when I asked her who she was." He pressed on.

"Probably just another fan." Youngbae tried to cut the conversation when Chaerin blasted through the door and headed straight for her room with tear-stained cheeks.

"WHAT FAN GETS IT. WHAT FAN CRIES. WHAT FAN. WHAT FAN! WHAT FAN ENOUGH TO BE ON MY PHONE. FOR YOU GUYS TO SHOW ME HER PHOTO WHEN I WOKE UP." He shouted. Everything didn't make sense.

"Chaerin..." he heard Youngbae breathed before hanging up.

He cursed. He hated himself for not remembering. Something in him ached when he walked down the Han River. He knew everyone was hiding something from him. He wanted to know what. or who. He stared at his phone. The members removed a certain number from it before. It had to be that person.

His phone rang. He looked at the unknown number. I get it. He stared at the message. Get what? What did this person get when he himself got nothing. He didn't know anything. He sat on the edge of the river with his now bare feet in the water. His phone rang again. You'll still be peterpan right? Even when wendy forgets you. He unlocked his phone and replied to this unknown number. I don't know. Because Wendy made Peterpan promise he'd come back. He answered what he still knew. That fairytale. He sighed and waiting for this person, whom he did not know to reply. Then why won't Peterpan come back? 

He was left breathless as he read that message. The person wasn't talking about that fairytale. The person was talking about another story. Between two people. He knew that story all too well. He knew he was peterpan. But he didn't know who his Wendy was. He had a hunch. This person was Wendy. He called that number and the line got through. 

"Hello?" the voice made his heart ache. Yet he didn't know the reason why. To be more exact, he couldn't remember.

"Who are you?" He asked, trying to keep his composure as his head banged.

"Why do you keep doing this?" she asked instead.

"Because I can't remember. Because I don't know anymore. SO TELL ME!" He begged, shouting. Desperate tears fell from his face.

The other side went silent. Her irregular breathing matched with his. The unfamiliar sound left his lips. He was crying. He wailed, for the rain to fall. And the rain fell. "Are you her?" he whispered. "Are you wendy?" he asked.

"Chaerin-ah! Open the door!" he heard a distant voice reach over the line. "Chaerin..." Youngbae breathed before hanging up. Chaerin was this girl on the phone with him.  A word flashed in front of him. Lee Chaerin, the speed dial and contact they deleted. "Lee ing Chaerin. Its you right? Answer me." he begged and cussed when the crystal beads hit his frail body.

"So what if its me?" she shouted. "Tell me. Who are you. Who am I. Other than Kwon JiYong. Other than G-Dragon. Just who am I?" he begged. "You're...You used to be my peterpan." she hung up. 

He dropped his phone on the floor, letting the water hit against it for all he cared. He laughed at himself, mocking himself. He was a pathetic beast. He remembered. He actually left her for this stupid illness. Because he didn't trust her enough. He blamed her for his lack of trust. Because he didn't dare to trust anyone. He was afraid of falling. He picked himself up and ran to the place he knew best. The den of the one he loved, although he didn't trust consciously. He loved subconsciously. 

"LEE ING CHAERIN OPEN THE DAMN DOOR. I KNOW YOU'RE IN THERE." He kicked and punched the hardwood door. To be greeted by Youngbae who forced him away. "Let's get out of here." he whispered with difficulty as JiYong threw himself at the door with force no one knew he had. Not even JiYong himself. LEE CHAERIN COME OUT. GET YOUR OUT HERE." He cussed as he fought Youngbae who was holding him back. It was a endless tug of war. Although Youngbae was getting worn out, JiYong wasn't. He was taken over by rage he had for himself. "LEE ING CHAERIN. COME OUT. I CAME BACK. ARE YOU GOING TO FORGET ME LIKE WENDY LEFT PETERPAN?" He heard footsteps shuffling down the marble floor.

"Chaerin-ah, don't come out! JiYong's not being himself!" Youngbae warned, but she was there, standing at the door. JiYong stopped thrashing, he was trying to catch his breath. "I'm sorry for not trusting you. I'm sorry I was afraid of you leaving when you found out I forgot you. I'm sorry I left you first before you could. Before you found out I couldn't trust you." 

"Then why are you telling me this now?" Chaerin asked at his confession. "Because I learnt I did trust you somewhere inside. Subconsciously I had already fallen. It was my consciousness that brought me away." he dropped himself as soon as Youngbae let go.

"Well, there was another version to the story," Chaerin knelt beside him, whispering, "Wendy didn't forget peterpan."


A/N: LALALALALALA Sorry for rushing through it. :> I MADE JIYONG SO STUPID HERE. I'm sorry. /kneels down in between them and bows down to you guys/ Now this is my version of Peterpan where peterpan is an idiot and grows older and lives happily ever after with wendy. :D AIGHTS BYE