Risk #8

Risk-Taker

"Chaerin-ah..." he whispered. Both of them were in front of the door. The gate out. Chaerin gripped the door handle tighter. "What happened?" he asked the female, whose back was facing him.

"Everything," she answered. She pulled the door handle down. "HunChae." he said. Simply. Just like that. It made her halt. It was a nickname long lost. She missed this. When they were still a couple in love. The first part of being a couple. The plain dates. When they wanted to be with each other every second of their lives. Now it was just a relationship. With restraints of no cheating. Now it was just a title. That they were each other's. Now it was just a responsibility. 

"I'm sorry," he held onto her hanging hand when she push the door open. "I'm sorry, so please, don't go." he held on, tigther.

I should be the one who's sorry. Chaerin kept mum as she pulled her hand away and walked off. JiYong watched her back get smaller and smaller as she walked off further and further. "See you tomorrow," he said in a barely audible voice. ChaeRin heard. The tears she had been keeping flowed down. She rushed to her car. She was CL to the public eye. She wasn't Chaerin to them. The vulnerable Chaerin. She was the complete opposite. To them, she could harm without getting harmed. To those who know, she was a porcupine, when you stay on friend zones, just far enough, she's that kind, caring, bubbly, cute, vulnerable girl, but when you get too close, she curls up and ends up hurting both parties. Her and you.

Why did she cry? Idiot. She cussed herself mentally. He remembers. The promise. To be there. To be friends. Even if they weren't together anymore.


"Oppa!" Chaerin said out of the blue near the end of their first date. JiYong looked at her in response. "Promise me, even when I push you away. Or the other way round," she looked down, knowing fully well of what she was made up of, "don't leave me. Promise me. To still be there, that we'd still be friends."

"Are you making plans to break up with me?" JiYong looked solemn. 

"No. Just in case. At least...tell me, 'See you tomorrow' when we break up, so I know, we're not over yet. We're still in a relationship, just a different one," Chaerin looked at JiYong in the eye this time. He nodded.


Chaerin awoke, eyes sore and stuck shut due to her overnight crying. She rubbed her eyes clean before opening them with difficulty. It stung. She got up from her bed, staring at the lugguage she brought back home last night. She opened the lugguage, unpacking slowly, not minding the time, she knew it was early. She was unable to sleep the entire night, and now that she woke up after she was finally able to sleep, it was still dawn, the sun wasn't out yet. The clothes she took out of the lugguage, each and every one of them were precious to her. She sighed as she pulled an empty box from the wardrobe and put the clothes inside it. The outfit I wore to our first date. The outfit I wore on the first birthday he celebrated with me. The first shirt he bought for me. Our matching outfit. She remembered each and every one of them. She recalled as she put the clothes into the empty box that was now full of her precious memories. 

Looking from the box to her lugguage, Chaerin sighed. The box was full, but the lugguage certainly wasn't empty. This had continued on and on till the fourth box. She started to tear again. He had lasted the longest with her. Because he always remembers. Every single promise he made with her. That made her turn around and back to him again. Although it was always her walking away due to fear. That he might leave her instead. When it was her porcupine personality acting up again. It was always him who apologised. It was always him who begged for her to stay. He kept all his promises till the very end. But she didn't. She promised to be with him forever. But she broke the promise.

Slowly closing the last box, the fifth. She labelled them, with a red marker. 'In memory of. The promising idiot - JiYong'. 


Countless 'Good morning's reached his ears today, yet it wasn't the one he was waiting for. He sat at the doorstep of YGE's main entrance. He smiled and waved to his fans while waiting. Waiting for her arrival. When the fans dispersed due to their own schedules, she walked, slowly but surely, towards him. "Why are you catching everyone's attention? Do you want to get us in trouble?" she chided, and walked off. "Good morning," he stood up and said to her back. She was on the verge of crying again. She held it in, she didn't want red eyes for the entire day, especially after she did by all means got rid of the one she had in the morning. "G-...Morning." she returned the greeting, although hesistant.

Days went on like this. The only conversations they shared other than the good mornings, good afternoons, good evenings, good nights, hi, byes, were almost close to none. In special occasions were the times they were in the studio and had to work on the song, otherwise, they'd keep mum. Not including JiYong's futile attempt of starting a conversation with her.

Chaerin couldn't stand ignoring him. She very badly wanted to talk to him. Answer his silly attempts at getting her to laugh, to open . She wanted him to promise that he'd be there, that they'd still be friends. Yet she was the one who refused to comply. I'm selfish, I'm sorry, but I can't do this. She sighed. This had to be the first time someone stayed this long even after she locked and distanced herself from him. Her previous relationships ended when she left. They made the same promise. Yet only Jiyong had kept his promise. She was getting lost. She wanted him to be like the others. To break the promise. To leave her. So she won't feel that guilty. He did the complete opposite. He waited for her everyday. Greeted her everyday. He was there everyday.

Until he finally stopped one day. Chaerin walked to work with no Jiyong outside the door waving at fangirls. With no Jiyong greeting her the entire day. With no Jiyong trying to make her laugh everytime he saw her walk out of the dance studio along the hallways. Everywhere, there was no trace of JiYong. He finally left, like I wanted him to. But why? Why does it feel so empty? She never thought she'd be like this if he left. She thought she'd feel better. Yet it was the complete opposite. He wasn't there, the pain increased. I don't want to say goodbye yet. That's why I told him to tell me 'See you tomorrow'. So it wasn't goodbye. But it was. This time he wasn't there anymore. He gave up. And this time, she knew clearly well, it was her. It wasn't the other not keeping their promise. It was her. 


She walked along the empty streets of Seoul near midnight. She watched as the lights dimmed in the households. Everyone was turning in, with their family, their loved ones. Here she was, soaked with a day without JiYong. Alone. She sighed.

"Comeback when you hear this song." She looked up, some stereo was playing on the roof. "I'm sorry if I did wrong, I'm sorry if I don't know where I did wrong," she knew this voice well. It belonged to him. "I'm sorry if I'm not funny enough to make you laugh. But is it wrong for me to want to see you smile, to hear your laughter again?" She rushed up the stairs, step by step, as his song woke up Seoul once more. "Comeback when you hear this song, because I regret, letting you slip away." 3rd floor... "Comeback when you hear this song, because I want to hear your voice once more," 5th floor... "It was a mistake to let you go...I'm not confident that I can make you turn back with just a song but. Give me once more chance and comeback," 8th floor... "Comeback to me, comeback when you hear this song, when you hear my heart, whoever your heart belongs to now," 3 more levels... "Whoever your voice, your laughter, your smile belongs to now. I only have you, even if you already have someone else, so comeback. Comeback when you hear this song," Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Chaerin pushed the door open, to see a well decorated rooftop. Lights beaming all over. JiYong stood in the middle of speakers, holding a microphone, beaming at her. 

She rushed into his welcoming arms, crying, "I don't know why I didn't say this earlier." Her arms tightened around him. "I'm sorry, thank you, I love you." Her body trembled as she sobbed into his chest, soaking his shirt with her emotions. The porcupine that has shed its spikes. Cheers were heard from beneath. Jiyong leaned over the wall to see people cheering. It seems like Chaerin's words had been taken in by the microphone by accident. But he didn't mind, he wanted the whole word to know she belonged to him. That he made the porcupine shed her spikes. He made the baddest female admit her feelings. He made her return to him. He made her keep her promise. To stay with him forever.


A/N: Hello peepo. I'm back with another chapter after viewing 2PM's comeback show. WOOTS. THEY CAMEBACK. YAYYY. WITH AWESOME SONG WITH HORRIBLE ENDING. I mean. The girl was cheating on them. Like. She was dating all six of them :< Anyways, back on track, how did you think of this chapter? Its a risk for JiYong cuz...of angry fangirlsssss. Well maybe. For both of them. Like ANGRY FANGIRL MOB ATTACKKK