Promise

Becoming His Princess (HIATUS)

Hyo Jung walked towards the door of the mansion, Byunghee followed closely behind. She tunred around and took one last sigh. It was only going to be a dream. She'll tell herself this never happened.

"Did you decide to leave?" The voice came from the staircase. Da In looked up and saw President Park, her supposedly grandpa.

She nodded while looking him right in the eyes and he smiled softly. He made his way down from the stairs and approached her. She didn't know why but this man didn't radiate any feelings of danger, she felt as if he has been there her entire life. 

"I guess nothing can make her stay?" President Park directed this question to Byunghee and Byunghee nodded. He looked back at da In who had now been looking at the ground. He grabbed one of her hands.

"I want you to trust me just this once" His voice was calming. She looked up at him.

"Give me one chance Hyo Jung, so that I won't live the rest of my life knowing I didn't even try" His eyes were pleading and began to brim with tears. Da In was in a state of undecisiveness and couldn't give him an answer.

"I'll promise you this, stay with me for a year. If you still haven't grown to love this place by then I won't stop you from leaving" 

Da In stared at him. This was one of the richest man in Seoul and he was looking as pathetic as ever in front of her. She took a deep breath. She thought about all those loan sharks and her "home". She cleared .

"One year, and then I get to leave with no one stopping me?" She asked him and his face brightened up. He nodded and smiled at her.

"But you have to promise me one thing" She said and he shook his head yes. "During my stay here, I will not be addressed at Hyo Jung, My name is Da In" 

He looked shocked for a moment but then regained the warm smile. 

"I promise you"

After that conversation, Da In had ended up in the big room once again. 

"Rest for today, you've got a hell of a busy week coming your way" Byunghee said as he turned to leave. She stood up.

"What?" She asked confused and he turned to her.

"You'll know it when it happens" He said with a smirk and left the room. 

(Next Day)

Da In woke up at 10 AM the next day. It was the first time in a long while that she got to sleep this comfortably. Suprisingly the night before was not hard for her at all. She got up and looked out the window to see a big green yard. She pinched herself and jumped at the pain. This was real alright.

She heard a knock at the door and before she walked over to open it, it opened by himself.

"Yah, Hurry" it was Byunghee. Da In was confused.

'Hurry for what?" She asked not knowing what was going on.

Byunghee sighed and walked into her room. He walked into her walk in closet and quickly picked out and outfit for her within 10 minutes.

"Hurry and get changed, there will be someone up to do your hair" He said as he began to walk out.

"Yah, you need to tell me whats going on at least" She said blocking her door.

"Just get changed"

"No! Not unless you tell me what...."

Her sentence was cut short when he bent his face down to eye level with hers, his face merely a few inches away.

"Are you going to change or do I have to change your clothes for you?"

She shook her head and then pushed him.

"Yah, you are really such a ert!" She said as she pushed him out of the room, him chuckling as if he had won something.

She quickly took a shower and got dressed in the outfit Byunghee had picked out for her.

10841_thumb_P_1312954081672.jpg

She looked into the mirror was impressed at Byunghee's choice. There was a knock at the door and she opened it, allowing the hair dresser inside to do hr hair. After about 20 minutes her hair looked fabulous.

dff69a725c58e2e4b66ba12d074f8ba1.jpg

There was another knock at the door as the hair dresser finished.

'Aish, this person.." She said as she stood up and walked to the door.

"Yah! A girl needs time to get ready. Shouldn't you know..." She looked up at the person and was taken aback. The person looked confused.

"Seungho-ssi" She said lowering her voice and invisibly giving herself a facepalm as she straightened out her dress.

"I'm not being a bother am I?" He said and smiled at her. She shook her head no as she felt her cheeks burn up form embarassment.

"Well, the I guess I'm your personal butler" He sad as he stretched out his elbow She scanned the surroundings quickly.

"I guess you're waiting for Byunghee?" His face started to look sad.

"Ani..Ani!" She said waving her hands no and he smiled.

"I was just playing with you, he has other things to do so he sent me, let's go?" He asked, reaching out his elbow once again. Da In wrapped her arm around his elbow and off they went. The walk was awkward, since neither spoke.

"Can I ask you something?" She said breaking the silence. He looked ahead and smiled. he gave her a slight nod.

"Where exactly am I going?" she asked embarassed.

"Oh he didn't tell you?" Seungho looked at her and she nodded no.

"I guess I shouldn't either" He said as the approached a big door. 

"Just close your eyes" He said and she did as the doors opened.