First Snow 01

Snow

 

 

 

I love the snow.

There’s just something about it, something that’s so calming, so beautiful, and so magical. There is something about the way the snow covers the streets, making everything look like it came right out of a fairytale.

It was snowing when we met.

 

 

I missed winter so much.

 

The air was crisp, and cool. The night sky had just settled. Lampposts started flickering one by one, illuminating the streets. Snow was falling.

 

It was beautiful.

 

When the white snow falls, 
the entire town is full of the laughter of small children.

 

I was enjoying a walk around town, a relaxing stroll after a day filled with dance and vocal rehearsals. Children were running around, throwing snowballs at each other, giggling as they went about. It was a happy sight. I kept my eyes on my feet, watching my shoes sink in the snow with each step.

 

It wasn’t that I was lonely, I was just too exhausted to feel anything.

 

She flung snow at my back. I turned abruptly, and looked at her. She was a few steps away. Her long brown hair cascaded over her shoulders, her big, round, auburn eyes twinkled, a playful smile on her lips. I had no idea who she was.

 

She was beautiful.

 

Your bright, angelic smile will lighten up the dark street.

 

Why do you look so sad, mister? She asked me. I told her I wasn’t sad, that I was just casually taking a walk. But why aren’t you smiling? I explained to her that I just don’t smile without reason, and that I was tired. But you were looking down at your feet while you walked!

 

Why did it even matter to this stranger the way I walked? I raised my eyebrow at her. She walked up to me, stood too close for comfort, and stared right at my face. She told me I looked familiar.

 

You look like that guy from that group that sang that song.

 

I was both speechless and amused. I opened my mouth to speak, but I didn’t know what to say. Do I say that I’m Hyunseung, from Beast? Or do I say I just look like him?

 

Yoonmi. Song Yoonmi. She outstretched her arm and held her hand in front of me. I was still baffled by her boldness. I looked at her hand. Aren’t you going to shake it, mister? She grabbed my hand and held it, shaking it twice before letting go. Interesting girl, she was.

 

I introduced myself casually. Jang Hyunseung. She didn’t scream, or react like any other fan girl would. She merely nodded. Maybe she wasn’t a fan?

 

You want to get some hot chocolate, mister Jang Hyunseung? She was unlike any other girl I have ever met. She talked to me in a tone that felt like we've known each other for years. It made me feel both comfortable and uneasy at the same time. There’s this great place up the street! Her hand found my wrist again, closing around it gently. She dragged me, my feet obediently following. I couldn’t protest. I couldn’t even speak. My mind had still not processed everything that had happened so far.

 

I felt myself being pushed inside a small café.