Self-esteem

Little Time Left

 

The next day, I took Uruha to a hospital. The doctor tested him for the virus. Unfortunately, he tested positive. When the doctor said that, I nearly choked. My Uruha was going to die. He was going... to die. We drove home in silence. I was really worried. What runs through a person's head when they know they're going to die? 
 
When we got home, Uruha went straight upstairs to change. I felt like crying. I followed him up and crawled into bed with him. He was crying. "Uru..." I hugged him tightly and closed my eyes, we stayed like that for a while. I opened my eyes an pulled away, looking down. I gasped at what I saw. Uruha had changed into shorts, so I could see that his legs were covered in fresh cuts and scars. 
 
"Uru, have you..?" I stuttered. He looked away with pain in his eyes. "Uruha, it's going to be okay. I'm going to be with you until the end." I told him. He glared at me. I never thought I could ever see so much hatred in Uruha's usually warm eyes.
 
"No, you won't. You'll just leave me to suffer myself. You only wanted me for the , I know it! And now, you're just gonna throw me away because I'm no good. I'm worthless, and ugly..." His voice broke on the last word. 
 
I stared at him. "No, you're not. You're beautiful, and you are my world. I won't leave you, I promise. I love you." And with that, I kissed him gently and left. 
 
We didn't talk much for the rest of the day. Or the week, for that matter. But the following Monday, it just got worse. As the virus was progressing, it was doing horrible things to Uruha's body. Gone were his graceful fingers. The skin on his cuticles had turned black and disgusting. His eyes no longer sparkled. The skin around his eyes was pale and flaking. But that didn't stop me from loving him, even if he didn't love himself. 
 
My poor Uruha was cursed to such a fate. I wished it was me. It should have been me...