The Virus

Little Time Left

It all happened like that. My whole life was ruined. My only loved one, my beloved Uruha, was cursed with the fate of death that came in the form of a virus. I think back to the day we were given the news. It seems like yesterday. I had tried so hard to keep Uruha safe from the virus, but it had all gone to waste. He was infected. Let me tell you my story, let at least one person hear my eternal saddness before I, too, take my leave in the world.

 
He walked into the kitchen where I was cooking. (A/N: you're thinking it's Kai, ne?) Usually I don't cook, but that night felt special, so I decided to make dinner for Uruha. Uruha looked at the pot on the stove. He said, "That smells good, Aoi!" and smiled, but I could see it in his eyes; something was wrong.
 
I turned off the stove and went to go hug him. I pulled him into a tight embrace and whispered "Uru, what's wrong?" I felt him smile. "Nothing, I'm just a bit nauseous." he said. I pulled back and pecked him on the cheek. "You'll get over it. Now let's eat! I cooked for you!" He smiled at me and went to set the table. I turned bak to the stove. Something was wrong. I was thinking about the virus.
 
A few weeks before, the government issued an alert to stay inside and be careful because of a deadly, contagious virus. Ever since then, I had been researching the symptoms in case Uruha or I gotten it. I didn't tell Uruha anything because I didn't want to worry him. Nausea caused by food smells was one major symptom. It worried me because Uruha was never nauseous, nor had he ever thrown up or declined food.
 
The next day, I'd decided to tell Uruha about my suspicions. I walked into his bedroom. His hands were over his eyes, and he was murmuring something like, "I'm so ugly. Aoi's lying. He said I'm cute, but I'm not." Great, I thought. Uruha's having another low self-esteem day. I lay down beside him and wrapped my arms around him. I whispered, "I'm not lying. You're beautiful, don't deny it." I held him to me and hugged him until he stopped crying. "Uru, I have something to tell you." 
 
He looked at me with wide eyes.