Tears of Blood

Little Time Left

 

The days went on like that. On some days, Uruha would be really depressed, and on others, he'd be  considerably happy. The happy days were the best. We would do things together, hang out around the house. On his sad days, we would cuddle on the couch together, or I would play him a song on my guitar. The virus seemed to slow down, so I savored every moment I had with him. That is, until the next stage of the virus struck.
 
I woke up one morning and decided to wake Uruha up. I was hoping we could have a happy day together. I poked my head in his room and said, "Uru-chan, are you awake?" I didn't hear a reply, so I walked into his room. I heard sobs coming from the washroom. "Great," I was thinking. "He's upset." I walked to the washroom door and opened it softly. As I looked in, I screamed. 
 
"HOLY CRAP URUHA! What happened?!?" 
 
Uruha's face and hands were covered in blood, and it was dripping onto the tiled floor. "I don't know!" he practically yelled. "I was looking in the mirror at myself, and I started crying. Next thing I know, I'm crying blood! I tried to wipe it away, but I - I can't stop crying!" He turned away from me. His body was shaking with sobs.
 
I grabbed a rag off the shelf and wet it. Then I went to Uruha and started cleaning off his face and hands. "Shhh..." I murmured. I led him out of the bathroom and sat him down on the bed. We laid down together for hours.
 
"Uruha?" I asked.
"Mmm?"
"I love you."
I felt him smile. "I love you too."
 
And with that, he rolled over and fell asleep. I chuckled lightly and pulled up the covers. I lay awake for a few more hours, just thinking. I really didn't want this to happen. But it was, and I couldn't do anything to stop it. 
 
(A/N: Sorry for the really short chapters, when I write them on paper, it's a page long. I'll try to make future fanfictions longer (≧∇≦))