I'm Sorry...

Little Time Left

 

A week went by with almost no tears of blood. Almost. There was one day, but it wasn't so serious. He just slipped and knocked his head against a pot. He cried for a few minutes, until I skidded across the floor and fell. He started laughing then, which was good. But to tell you the truth, I was feeling pretty dizzy lately, and I didn't mean to fall. But at least it made Uruha happy.
 
Days later, my dizziness was getting worse. I hoped Uruha hadn't noticed; I didn't want to worry him. He'd been throwing up a lot. Throwing up blood. I guess the virus reached his stomach. It sickened me, seeing all the blood coming out of my lover. He never left his room and washroom, and never ate. I could see how thin he was getting, and it was scary. But I never left his side, and I always tried to get him to eat.
 
One day, I walked into Uruha's room. I didn't see him in his bed, so I figured he was in the washroom. I knocked on the washroom door and asked, "Uru-chan, are you in there?" I heard no reply. "Uru-chan? I brought some Moët & Chandon!" Still nothing. Crap. I opened the door and looked around. I didn't see him. Panicking, I swiveled around to the bathtub. "Did he..?" I thought. "No..."
 
I pulled back the curtain. My head started to spin. There he was, lying in the tub full of blood. "Uru!" I shouted. I pulled him up by the shoulders and took his head out of the water. My eyes blurred with tears. A flurry of thoughts rushed through my head as I checked his pulse. Thank God, his heart was just barely beating. I grabbed a towel off the rack and wrapped it around his body. By then, I was crying really hard. I took him out of the washroom and lay him down on the bed. I lay beside him and his hair, murmuring, "Uru... Uru-chan... Why would you do this again?..."
 
Uruha started coughing violently, so I held him close to me until he stopped. 
 
"Ao... Aoi..." He coughed.
"Yes, Uru?"
 
"I - I'm sorry..."