A Living Nightmare

Little Time Left

 

To add to all the pain Uruha is going though physically, he's started to have nightmare. He would toss and turn in his dream, and often wake up screaming and crying. I would wake up to hear him screaming, and rush out of bed to calm him down. Every time I asked him what the nightmares were about, he would cry and tell me that he didn't remember.
 
After a week of his nightmares, I decided to just sleep with him. Every night he woke up screaming bloody murder, and every night I was there to hug him and soothe him. I would cuddle with him until he fell asleep. Those were the best moments, you know. When I could just lie with Uruha in my arms. I stayed with him like that for entire days, sometimes.
 
I was worried about him not eating, though. He was bone-thin. I tried to get him to eat, but he would just throw it back up every time. I wasn't sure if it was because Uruha was bulimic or because of the virus, but nonetheless, it was sickening. I couldn't stand to see my only loved one in such a state.
 
One day, I decided to try and make some soup for Uruha. As soon as the smell hit me, I was instantly nauseous. It wasn't funny. I knew what had happened. At the third stage of the virus, the stuff that involves blood, the virus becomes contagious. I finished making the soup and brought it up to Uruha's room. I opened the door to see that he wasn't in bed. I glanced at the washroom door. "Uru?" I called uneasily.
 
"Hai, Aoi?" I heard him answer. Oh thank God. "Nothing, I just didn't know where you were." I said back. He opened the door* and looked out at me. "I'm right here, Aoi. Where else woー ohhhh..." he said, as he realized what I was thinking. I put down the soup tray and picked Uruha up in a bridal carry. He giggled and rested his head on my chest. I sat down on the bed and leaned down, gently kissing him on the lips. He tasted so sweet, it was nice. Too bad I would never get a kiss like that again.
 
(A/N: when I was proofreading and I read "door", I realized that I had accidentally written "abhor" there)