If you only knew...

Rain On My Vacation

As he finished the song, I looked at him with sheer shock, amazement and guilt all mixed together. I can't believe it, it's really him, it's...it's...Rain. Fifty million things are running through my head. I felt like my face would explode. Thankully the pain in my face stopped because I was in for one heck of a migraine. I can't believe this man is Rain. The man that I bashed my face on, the man got ice for my face, the man who had to prove himself to me, the man that I have only dreamt about being is sitting right next to me with a weird expression on his.....!? And that's when I notice that I must still have that "OMG" look on my face. I turn my face away from him and start to breath in deep breaths. I calm my heart and try to process every little detail that just happend until I feel a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Uhm are you alright ?", I hear with a concerned voice mixed in with a little amusement. 

I stand up with as much grace as possible and turn to look at him. I gently put the ice pack on the small coffee table in front of the couch. I turn to completely look at him and put my hands on my stomach and I do a poised bow. I slowly come up and look down to the floor. 

" I am so sorry for doubting and troubling you. I am so thankful that you helped me Jung Ji Hoon-nim. Please forgive my rudeness, I was out of line." I say in Korean using every formal bone in my body.

I felt so bad. Here I was, being helped and all Icould do was doubt him and question the person who I knew deep in my heart was the man I never thought I would have the honour of meeting. I messed up so bad. Damn I really need to work on my trust issues. Now I know he really must regret helping me. He must think I'm some kind of rude witch to everyone and because he's Rain, I'm up to him with my "deepest" apologies. Aww man this . While shame and guilt struck my brain, I hear a shift from the couch and I feel a shadow over me. I don't dare look up to see who it is and I close my eyes hoping that I didn't make too much of an idiot of myself. Suddenly a hand reaches to my chin and lifts my face up. I look up into his face and look straight into his eyes. They were warm, soft and amused. They looked calm and had a bit familiarity to me. Maybe from all the performances he's done, I'm so used to looking at those eyes that look staright into the camera and into your soul. Then I felt a thumb on my cheek like it was tring to remember the feel of skin.

" I am not mad and there is nothing to be sorry about. I'm sure you didn't expect out of all people, I would show up in front of you...litteraly!", he says with a chuckle. "Honestly...something about you is different. Very hard. Very difficult.You're not the easy type and for that, you have my respect." 

He finishes that statement with a smile and I can't help but feel dumbfounded by this man. All I could do is smile back feeingl a bit at ease. Contrary to what I thought of him. I thoguht he would be this really commanding guy that you couldn't dare to cross. He's actually quite understanding and mature. I go off in my head thinking how amazing and merciful he is and thank God for my fortune until he mentions something I wasnt expecting.

"Then again I did prove that I was who I claimed to be and I did feel I tad bit hurt about how you didn't belive me so I guess you will be going on that date with me after all, huh!"

There it is that trade mark y/school boy smile that got every woman on the planet falling head over heels for him but then what he says scares me. Me go on a date with him. No way! What could he possibly think of going on a date with me for. I'm a nobody. I am not even a model let alone a celebrity. I don't have anybody in the entertainment industry to give me me a pinch of hope that I would be going out with him.

"But Ji Hoon-nim, you don't possibly want to go out with me I mean...I'm no celebrity....and even so ...y-y-you wouldn't have much fun with me I...m-mean wouldn't...you and ....well y-y-you....well...."

And there I go again spazzing off like its the only good thing I know how to do. What I really wanted to say was" But JI Hoon-nim, you wouldn't want to go out with someone like me, I mean I'm no celebrity and I would probably bore you to sleep and I am not good for your image. You should be focusing on your duties to the military first. That's what is important."However the spazz in me just needs to come out and cause havoc.

"Well if you don't want to go out with me I guess it's fine. I can't  force you"

I go silent and I look at his face. He seems to mean what he says but I see a tinge of dissapointment in his eyes. Like sad puppy. Then I hear someone say something or was it a cough.

"Go (cough) out with him (cough). You will regret ( cough)."

Me and Rain look around to find not only the young cashier from earlier but a girl wearing the same color arpon as him there as well behind the counter watching the whole scene like some sort angst drama. Finally the girl with red hair up in a bun and doll like eyes exclaims out in a pleading voice.

"Lady I don't know you and don't know what you did to make Bi oppa to ask you out but you better say yes otherwise you'll regret it for the rest of your life. And who cares about all that scandal and drama and the saessang fans. Like Drake said YOLO!!!", she says with a wink.

Then it hits me....what the hell is wrong with me. It's Rain we are talking about R to the A to the I to the N. Of course I would love to go out with him and it isn't like I hunted him down and forced him or planned all the mishaps to happen today knowing where he would be and what he would be doing. Rain, the man who was in the Times 100 Most fascinating People, twice and won once, making him the first Korean to be in the list and win, one of  the hottest bachelors of Asia, the man who can make even make Hitler a fan, who owns his own company and has successfully launched the careers of two of the most hottest K-Pop groups in Korea, who not only can sing and dance like he invented the art of dance himself but, is an amazing actor with no boundaries and practically became one of the greatest entertainers in the leagues of Micheal Jackson, asked me out and I was going to say no?! No way I made a fool of myself once and I wasn't going to do that again.

"Listen I understand that it may be a little scary. You don't have to take the dating thing litterally. So you don't have to go out with me it isn't like it's the end o-"

"Yes"

"Uhm...what?"

"I mean...yes, it would be my...pleasure to go out with you...Ji Hoon-nim" I say in a small voice audible enough for him to hear.

 To hear it come from my own mouth azmazes me. I couldn't help but smile.

I hear a squeal from the counter and both of the employees look incrediby happy. I look at Rain and I see a warm twinkle in his eyes. He must be really happy that I'm going out with him. I wonder why? But before I could think of a reason he takes something out of his pocket. He pulls out a black phone and unlocks it. He puts it up to my face and taps the screen flashing a blinding light.  

"Give me your number",he commands and I tell him. After saving it, there's a ring from his phone. He looks at quick and answers. The conversation is short and blunt with a lot of "okays" and "u-huhs". He hangs up and looks at me with that smile again. Oh God he will be the end of me.

 "Alright I have your number I will contact you. I have to meet up with a friend right now so I can't stay and chat. Sorry I can't you back home."

"Oh no! That's okay I am at the hotel around the block I'll be fine. Thanks again for helping me and I'm sorry for the trouble."

"Like I said, it's no trouble and actually I'm kinda glad that you forgot your sunglasses." He moves closer to me and moves a stray hair out of my face. Then he says in low husky voice" If you didn't,  I wouldn't have date tomorrow."

He gives me one last look and and turns on his heels and moves out of the cafe. Right before he opens the door to go out he checks me out whlile looking over his shoulder and I'm left there planted on the ground. Breath hitching in my throat trying to stay calm not believeing what just happend.

The two employees run out from behind the counter and start clapping and squealing speaking in fast Korean around me. Suddenly the words of that old cab driver come back in my mind. "I have a feeling you are going to have a life changing experience while you are here".

If only you knew Ahjussi, if only you knew...