Dr.Jung...

Rain On My Vacation

What the heck just happend...wait! I remember I hit a wall, but...there was no wall when I passed. Ouch...my nose...God! It stings!

As my mind was trying to make sense of what was going on, I could hear a faint voice making it's way into my ears. It was low, a nice bass to it and had a bit of a huskiness. It sounded warm and worried. I tried to answer but all that could come out of my mouth was groaning sound. I wasn't knocked out because I could feel the cold cement underneath my legs and right arm. My other hand was on my face trying to ease the pain from my nose with no results. My eyes were squeezed shut trying to keep in the pain but, they couldn't hold back the tears. So when I opened my eyes to see where I was, everything was blurry and bright. I saw something in front of me and made out enough of the shape to tell it was a man that was kneeling. His hand was over my shoulder and propping me to get up. I tried but, the sting shot me with hot pain back into my face. I stopped moving and just started groaning into my hand. Then suddenly, I felt a strong arm under my legs and another behind my back. I was lifted and felt a torso against my body. I started to squirm out of his realease but his arms started getting tighter around me. Not too tight but enough so I wouldn't fall out of his hold on me then...that voice...

"Listen, you can stop squirming, it's really pointless and don't worry I wont hurt you", the voice reassured me in lightly accented English.

"Well that's easy for you to say. When some stranger comes out of nowhere and starts to carry your girlfriend bridal style, I hope you remember this!", I retorted.

"Well lucky for you and me, I don't have a girlfriend"

I couldn't talk and the sting started to become a throbbing pain. I couldn't fully open up my eyes because the brightness was giving me a headache. I was in so much pain that I didn't have enough fight in me. I just simply let him carry me. My hand still on my face. I didn't want to be taken by some stranger, hell I didn't want to be taken at all, but something about him made me feel like I could trust him. Something about him makes me feel secure. Almost like his arms were made for me. Like I didn't have to worry about being protected. Like...Wait! What the heck am I thinking. This dude just picked me up out of nowhere. My nose might be hurting but he better not try to do something funny or him having a tight grip on me will be the dumbest thing he has ever done. Suddenly he does a ninety degree turn and walks a couple of steps backwards. I open my eyes enough to see him walking passed a glass door.

Wait I know this place...The cafe where I got my drink. Nobody's here, that's  good. This would be embarrassing. The man sets me down on the couch and I hear the worried voice of the guy that served me ealier.

"Sorry to bother you but do you have some iced peas"

"No,..but I do have some frozen fieldberries in a package"

"That would be good thanks"

I hear shuffling and then silence. Then I feel a weight on my right. Now the whole entire time I had my face in my hand trying to keep from crying because of the throbbing. I feel a hand on my shoulder and instinctively look up. By now the blurriness has decreased and I am facing a man with a  black cap and sunglasses . He is wearing an army green t-shirt, a pair of dark worn out jeans and some converses. He had a simple silver band around his index finger on his right hand. He looked built but not too built. Like he was sturdy. And seemed really tall.

"Are you alright now?", he asks leaning a little forward towards me inspecting my face

"Well the throbbing isn't as bad and I feel a bit woozy..."

And with that I felt like my body got heavier and heavier with every breath. I was about to go face forward when the hand on my shoulder pulled me back up and towards its body. His arm was around my shoulder making my head rest on his chest. I tried to move but I just felt even more dizzy.

"Relax, I think you should take it easy and lay down a little."

"And let you do God knows what?"

"Do you really think I would do that?",he asked me with my head on his heart. I closed my eyes listening to the thumping muscle in this starngers chest. It's soothing almost like it's talking to me. I listen to it. It sound so nice. So warm.

"No...no I don't think so"

I stay quiet and I start to relax. I let the silence envelop us. For some reason, it wasn't awkward or weird but felt comfortable. I start to think and I finally put the pieces together of how I got myself in this predicament.

"Sorry", I tell him.

"Sorry? For what?"

"I'm guessing you're the one I bumped into"

"Actually I bumped into you"

"What? I was the one not watching where I was going."

"Yeah but I was running to get you"

"Huh? Why would you run to get me?"

"To give you this"

And right there in front of me, appears my glasses.

"I saw you leave and the shop owner was running after you to give them back. I told him I would get you and ran after you but, I guess you figured out that you were missing your sunglasses and that's when we bumped into each other."

I carefully take them out of his hand and lay them on my lap. I the frame and feel my face getting hot. God, I can't believe I forgot those in here. The tears in my eyes almost spill and my face starts to throb a bit  more but, Iam relieved to have these back.

"These glasses were my grandmother's own and she gave them to me a couple of days before she passed. I really feel stupid for leaving them out of my sight like that. ..Thank you so much!", I tell him, finally looking up at him and he gives me a school boy smile. I could've sworn my heart just stopped. That's such a cute smile. I wonder how his eyes look like under those shades. Just then the store owner returns and hands the stranger the pack of frozen fruit and the stranger takes it. I look at him puzzled.

"Uhm, what are  you doing?" I ask

"What? You don't want me to do it for you?"

"Well I don't mean to be inconsiderate but..we litterally just bumped into each other and your already nursing me like your some kind of doctor and you haven't even told me your name." I ask him quizically

He looks at me (well it looks like he's looking at me, with the shades on I can't really tell but he is giving me a look) and does a slight pout. Oh my gosh! Why is this starnger so cute. Serioulsy, for a grown man...

"You know what? You're right!"he says like I made the most terrific hypothesis in the history on man. And with that he takes off his glasses to show me the complete face of the man I never thought in a million years I would meet.

"Most people call me Bi or Rain but, you can call me Jung Ji Hoon..."