I Could Only Imagine...

Rain On My Vacation

I sat there completely awestruck. My eyes were as wide as saucers, my mouth could've caught a shark, my blood was rushing to my face and my mind was blank. The only thing that was running through my brain was HIM saying his name.

Jung Ji Hoon, Jung Ji Hoon, Jung Ji hoon, Jung Ji hoon....I couldn't believe it.  HE was right in front of me. HE was the one that picked me up, that let me lay on his chest, that gave me me back my grandmother's glasses, that held frozen fieldberries on my face, that, that, that...wait a minute!

At that moment something clicked in my brain. I settled back on Earth and my mind came back online. By now my face and blood pressure returned to its original state and I put a calm yet skeptical like expression. Now my brain was thinking of any possible scenario of why it couldn't be the Rain sitting next to me wh had a calm ye puzzled expression on his face. I decided to give my self some space between me and...him. I wish I didn't though. His body was so warm and his muscles felt like they fitted every curve, slope and coner of my body and.....STOP! STOP! Focus _______! Focus. I clear my throat and and take the peas from his hand. I wanted to get rid of the swelling before I looked like an abuse victim and also it would help me from showing too much expression on my face. I cleared my throat and looked at this so called "Rain" in his eyes, but God those eyes. I mean sure they were slanted and tiny, but something about them when he gives you that dead serious expression and looks at you like he's calling out to your soul. Uh this man has got me trippin'.

"So your Rain,  right?", I asked non-chalantly in Korean. I wanted him to know that I wasn't that chick but, the chick you don't mess with.

"Yeah!" he answers me reassurringly. A smile emerges from his face and I almost head faceforward into his chest but, I keep my cool and continue on with my god cop/bad cop routine.

"Well, what would Rain be doing out here, all by himself, with no entourage? I mean you never know when some saessang fan will come out of no where and just do only God knows what?", I say matter-of-factly.

I got you now. I can't believe this fellow thought he could trick moi. I mean seriously this guy has the nerve to pick me off the street. Where ANYONE of his fans could spot and he could have a huge scandal on his hands? Either he thinks I'm dumb or thinks that nobody would be waiting for him to finish his military service this coming June. Then another though hits me...

"Plus shouldn't you be in the military base right now? I mean after that scandal that you take too many sick leaves and get more favors than the other soldiers because of your "status" shouldn't you be keeping it on the D.L.?", I say with a smirk. Ha! Try to get out of this one chump.

He looks at me with surprised eyes and mouth open but, before he could utter a word, I turn my face away from him feeling triumphant and annoyed. He must use that " some call me Rain or Bi but, you ca call me Jung Ji Hoon!" line on all the girls. I put the pack of now melted fieldberries down on the coffee table and cross my arms feeling ripped off of my happy mood. I looked to my left and try not to show my emotions. I mean, come on! Out of all the people someone could try to impersonate its the singer that most inspires me and respect. The blood shoots back up my face and it starts to get warm. When this happens my eyes get red not because of the tears but because of how pissed off I am right now. Suddenly a voice grabs me out of my cloud of anger.

"You really don't believe me do you?"

"I've been played way too many times and it's hard to believe that someone as famous as..."you" would be walking about this busy place all by yourself and after having a big scandal as well."

"Wow! So you're trying to say because I am a celebrity I should live and hide in a bubble all my life. Not go out always look around my back.  Always worry about what people say about me?"

At that moment I get really annoyed with this guy and turn to face him.

"No I am not telling you to hide in a bubble all your life but to be careful. Listen I wish I knew every truth behind each and every scandal. I also wish that I could change the minds of people and the way they act and treat you but, I can't. That's why a lot of your fans wish you would be careful because as your fans we'll stick by you but you also have to keep your guard up around these people. We have to fight to clear your name around haters sometimes and it doesn't help when you decide to just walk about non-chalantly after a scandal whether you did it or not. We just want you to be safe and take care of youself that's all, so sorry if I seem a little concerned"

I turn away from him trying to regulate my breathing and clam myself. Don't get me wrong I in no shape of form want to control any persons life especially Rain's. I just want him to be careful around the people he's arpund and the people who act like they care. I know how it feels to be under the microscope, having each and every one of your moves monitored. Being black isn't easy. Even when your innocent and have nothing to do with the situation it's so much easier blaming the little black girl than the sweet blue eyed angel or the kid who does so well in school. Don't get it twisted I have nothing against white people or any people, but in my situation you tend to see who gets treated better than the others. That's why I came to Korea where the visible minority is probably 3% - 5% but to challenge myself and not let the bad things people say about my skin colour, hair or race bring me down.

"Thank you", I hear a voice call me out of my mind ranting.

I turn around to find the guy still sitting there. He's looking at me with appreciation.

"Huh?" I frown ack at him.

"Thanks, I thought you were one of those fans that were a little...obssessive about me."

I look at him perplexed.

"Wait, you still trying to convince me that your Rain?"

"I am not trying to convince you, which I think I shouldn't seeing as I do look like him"

That's when it hit me. He does look like him. The same eyes, nose, that cute smile. Even something about his hands remind me of him. And his confidece. Not once did he try to argue that he wasn't him. He's been calm cool and collected even going as far as to put his shoulder on the back of the couch.  I start to break out in a cold sweat and my face feels drained all of a sudden. If he is then... no,no,no,no,no,no,NO!!! Keep cool,dont worry,I got this. I clear my throat and start to come up with a plan....thinking,...thinking...thinking....EUREKA! Got one.

"Well", I say with a smirk."If you are truly him then sing me Love Song. That's of course if you can sing and even know the song."

Now the cafe still didn't have people in yet and the owner was no where to be found so this would be the perfect oppurtunity to test out my theory of "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck....".If he didn't do it then that would mean he was going to get a hurting really bad. If he did well...lets not think that far. He sits there looking at me with a smile and I give him a confused look.

"If I do sing it. What will you do for me?"

This guy really thinks....well I never....whatever!!!!

"Let's say you sing and you are Rain what do you want to do?"

He leans in closer and stares at me with those eyes again and I have no choice but to look right back at him.

"I want to go out on a date with you"

My mouth goes dry and my heart rate is scarily getting faster and faster. My face is probably swollen by now but I really don't care. I just want to stay like this for as long as I can but, I gotta get back to business.

"Well you better be good cause if not I'm out that door..."

And with just that this man opens up his mouth to let out one of the most unique and sweetest voice I have ever heard. I lose myself in his eyes and I can't help but lay my head on the back of the couch while he serenades to me and only me. His voice just like rain, it purifies me, wahses me clean and makes me forget...