Chapter 39

A Cracked Reflection

Youngjae woke up slowly, blinking several times as he tried to bring the room into focus. Confusion clouded his sleep hazed brain as he tried to figure out when exactly the walls of his room had gone from white to the lightest of pinks. Awareness prickled at his mind, waking him up farther as the breathe of hot air ghosted over the back of his neck and he remembered where exactly he was and why. He tried not to squirm to much as Himchan slept on, his breath tickling over his skin as he continued to cuddle Youngjae close in his sleep.

Himchan’s arm was draped lightly across his torso, and Youngjae could feel the how the elder had nuzzled into his back. He let out a small sigh, puffing his cheeks out as he took the opportunity to get a good look at Himchan’s room. The others really hadn’t been lying when they told him that Himchan had decorated his room in hues of pink, accented well with rich browns and soft greens.

Youngjae tried not to shift around to much as his body ached from being in the same position for so long.

“Are you awake…?”

Himchan’s voice was huskier then usual, deep with sleepiness as he whispered the soft spoken words into Youngjae’s skin.

“Mhmm…”

“My arms feel like over cooked noodles…”

“It’s a side affect of the medicine, hyung…”

“I don’t like it…”

“I’m sorry, hyung.”

The silence between the two was comfortable as Himchan shifted around, his arm still flung over Youngjae as he began to try to work through the medicated fog that was still clouding his senses. He hummed softly, “My bunny… mmm… y..you… You smell like… like…” Himchan nuzzled his forehead into Youngjae’s shoulder blade, thinking hard, “D… Daehyun. You smell like Daehyun.”

Youngjae felt the heat rising up in his cheeks as he tried not to stiffen in Himchan’s hold. “Uhm… yeah… we share a bathroom, hyung… I ran out of my body wash, so I just used his…”

Himchan was quiet for a minute before nodding softly, “Oh okay…” he said, accepting Youngjae’s lie. He sighed softly, “Marshmallows… I mean… U...uhm… Daehyun… I think… Daehyun likes you…”

He couldn’t help but smile at Himchan’s words. “Well, I like him too, Himchan hyung… I like all of you guys…” Youngjae tried to hold back the laugh as Himchan let out a heavy breath against his back.

“Not what I meant, bunny… He likes you…”

Youngjae rolled over, lifting Himchan’s arm away from him so that he could look at the elder, “And what do you mean, hyung?” he asked, trying to school his features and not burst into a smile.

Himchan puffed out his cheeks, pouting. He closed his eyes for a moment, trying to gather his thoughts, “It’s hard to think… and… You want me to explain?”

Youngjae nodded, smiling a little as Himchan rolled over onto his back to stare up at the ceiling. “Back when ever we were on the boat…” He started, pausing to gather up the next sentence so that he didn’t confuse the younger. “He and Gukkie… they talked… about you and how Dae felt…” Himchan turned his head to the side. “I don’t like it…”

“Why not?” Youngjae asked.

Himchan reached over, fixing Youngjae’s hair, “Because you like Dae too…” he whispered, “I can tell…”

“I... Hyung, I mean… It’s just…”

Himchan smiled sadly, “You two are my babies… I have to protect you…”

As Youngjae looked into Himchan’s eyes, he could see more there then Himchan had ever let shown before. The realization of just what Himchan was so insistent on protecting hitting Youngjae hard as he wrapped his arms around the elder in a tight hug. “Hyung… t… that won’t ever happen. Daehyun would never do that to me. I… I would never do that to him.” He could still feel Himchan’s fingers in his hair, gently running through the sleep tangled strands. “Nothing like that will ever happen again… to any of us…”

“T…That’s what Gukkie told me… and it still happened…” Himchan said with a sigh. He continued to play with Youngjae’s hair.  Himchan was quite for a minute as he tried to work through his next sentence, “You guys can… like each other… nothing else. Friends.”

Youngjae pouted, taking a deep breath as he decided to take the chance. Jongup already knew, and if Himchan was aware on some level, the others probably were too… especially if Daehyun has spoken to Yongguk before they had even gotten together officially. “Hyung…”

“Mhmm…”

“Me and Daehyun are dating.”

“…….”

 

“No! No no no, I’mma kill marshmallows and my bunny!! It’s all been ruined and I’m not going to let him do anything else to him!”

Youngjae and Daehyun exchanged glances from where they were sat at on the couch, trying to figure out who exactly Himchan was talking about at that moment.

They turned their attention back to the elder, who was fighting against Jongup as the younger held him back from strangling Daehyun and Youngjae in a fit to protect… well… Daehyun and Youngjae.

“Hyung, calm down… They haven’t done anything like that… They just share a bed~” Zelo said with a smile, not noticing or maybe just ignoring the couple choking on their air in surprise.

“They WHAT?!”

Yongguk stood up, looping his arm around Himchan’s waist and pulling him from the room, “Alright c’mon. Enough of this, Channie. You have no room to talk; it is so too early in the morning for this…” Yongguk looked back at Daehyun and Youngjae, “We will talk about later though, you are not off the hook.” He said, before dragging a protesting Himchan down the hallway and back to his room to try to get Himchan to at least sleep off the rest of the pain medication. Jongup followed after Yongguk and Himchan, smiling and talking about nothing as he tried to get Himchan to stop yelling in the nonsensical metaphorical phrases.

Zelo stood up from where he was seated next to the couple, “I’m going back to bed…” He suddenly wrinkled his nose as a thought seemed to cross his mind and he looked at Daehyun and Youngjae, “Hyungs, keep it down though, okay? I don’t want to hear any of that, I’m too young.”

Youngjae turned a deep red, “Zelo! It’s not like that—“

“G’night~”

Youngjae buried his face in his hands as he was left alone in the room with his boyfriend, who was, for once, pretty much silent.

“So…What possessed you to tell hyung we were dating behind his back?”

Youngjae glared at Daehyun through his fingers as the elder smirked back at him, “It’s not funny…” He said. He sat back, “And it just… came out…” He mumbled, not wanting to share with Daehyun what he and Himchan had been speaking of.

Daehyun let out a heavy sigh, “Well, the cat is out of the bag now…” He said, reaching over and taking Youngjae’s hand. “You know… It’s still really early in the morning… and Jongup’s probably gotten Himchan hyung to go back to bed…”

Youngjae rolled his eyes, standing up and tugging Daehyun to his feet, “C’mon marshmallows, let’s go to bed…” he said, laughing a little.

 

 

Jieun sighed, flipping over the documents in the folder as she glanced over each fact. “I don’t like this at all; I think we need to pull him.” She said, glancing up at the few men gathered in her office. “If what this report is saying is true, then it’s not safe for him to continue to be on the field, especially after not one, but two separate bombings that he could have very well been involved with.”

“Jieun, we have worked too hard to get him into this position, we can’t just pull him out now… give it a few more weeks, we have to be sure that he’s made it all the way in before we move in.”

“I understand, Minhyuk, but I do not want to risk losing yet another one of my men on this mission.”

“I have to agree with Minhyuk on this… We haven’t seen any signs that he has been harmed by either explosion, even if B.A.P has been behind both of them… I say we need to leave him in place until we can further evaluate our plans of how we are going to draw out the leaders so that we can take them into custody.”

Minhyuk looked surprised, looking from the male that was leaning back against the far wall back to Jieun, “Now I’m a bit worried… We have never agreed on anything, Hyunseung…”

“Yeah yeah, don’t get your in a twist; it’s a onetime thing. We have literally spent over a year trying to get his in there; he can wait it out a few more weeks so that we can make sure we get the right guys.”

Minhyuk sighed, “Jieun…”

“I know. I know, you guys are right.” She sighed, running her hands through her hair slowly as she flipped through the pages again. “I just don’t like this… something feels… off. It just doesn’t feel right.” She said.

Hyunseung pushed off from the wall, “You’re just worried about him. He’s a big boy; he can take care of himself.” He smiled lightly, “You’re over working yourself, Jieun… take a break, okay? Then we’ll come back to this…”

Jieun nodded, “yeah... you’re right… okay, everyone take five then meet back here…” She said, standing up from her desk and walking out of the room.

Hyunseung smirked as he pasted Minhyuk, not saying a word as he left the inner office. He strolled down the hallway, listening carefully for the sounds of following footsteps before cutting into an unused conference room. He locked the door behind him as he pulled out his cell phone, dialing a memorized number as he waited for the three rings before the line finally picked up.

“This had better be important.”

“You know, if you don’t want me to bring in every single one of your asses for all of the you have already done on Korean soil, you had better not take that tone with me.” Hyunseung snapped. “Jieun is getting suspicious; she wants to pull Youngjae out early.”

“We aren’t ready, stall her.”

“I am trying, dip.” Hyunseung growled, pinching the bridge of his nose as he took calming breaths, reminding himself of just who exactly he was talking with. “Look, just speed up your plans some. I can buy you a month. Nothing more than that.”

“A month is not a lot of time.”

“Well, do you want us to take care of B.A.P for you or not? Now, you can either change your plans, or you are on your own, Suho.”

Suho sighed heavily over the line, “Okay, one month. Then I expect you guys to take care of B.A.P.”

There was no goodbye as the Hyunseung listened to the dead air, followed by the dial tone. With a sigh, he shook his head and smiled. “Always did love a challenge.” He said, tucking away his cell phone before leaving the conference room to rejoin the other members of the task force in Jieun’s office.


THIS IS A DOUBLE UPDATE~ :D A/N on next chapter~