Chapter 30

A Cracked Reflection

 

“So what you’re telling us is… all you have is a name?”

Minhyun rolled his eyes as he leaned back in his chair before narrowing his eyes in Eli’s general direction. “Isn’t that good enough for now? It’s more than most have. Exo happens to be a lot more complex and mysterious then whoever’s in charge of B.A.P.” He answered.

Eli got ready to reply back when Kiseop stopped him, “Eli, please… let’s not argue over this okay? A name a general profile is better than nothing.”

The silence was tense before Eli let out a half scoff, “I guess.”

Kiseop nodded before looking to Minhyun, “I know there really isn’t much on them, but is there a reason why they are moving from China?”

Minhyun shook his head, “I can’t say… my contacts don’t run that deep…”

Himchan stood up, pulling out his cell phone and dialing a number before briskly leaving the room. The others watched in a blank sort of confusion before Jongup was the one that spoke up, “Himchan hyung knows everyone… He’ll find someone who can tell us something more about this Exo group.” He offered the others a smile.

Minhyun nodded, “Anything at this point will be helpful… They are ruthless on the street. We haven’t personally experience any attacks from them, but just last week one of the rookie gangs that were just trying to make a name for themselves went missing.”

Youngjae looked surprised, “How can a gang just go missing like that?”

JR let out a scoff, “You must be new to this business… We go missing all the time. And there ain’t a single cop or authority figure there willing to help some low life guy from the streets.” He said. “They’d sooner hunt down a missing murderer then they would a member of one of our gangs.”

“O...oh…”

JR nodded, “Anyways,” He turned to look back to Yongguk, “We’ll be more than happy to lend any information that we might here, but, I don’t want us to be any part of this.”

Yongguk nodded, “Don’t worry; we won’t drag you into this…”

“Hey, and if anyone tries to mess with you guys, just let us know…” Eli added, smiling lightly.

JR nodded, “Thanks guys…” He said, getting ready to stand before pausing, “Oh, I almost forgot, since you guys are back, we never quite got around to turning around that block across from the apartments where you guys were set up at…”

“Last time I checked in on the place… all of your people were still there…” Aron added.

“As far as I can tell, the area is up for grabs for anyone that might want to… Iunno… step back in.” JR gave Kiseop a gentle smile before heading for the door with the rest of his gang in tow.

Before he could make it fully out the door, Kiseop was on his feet, pulling the younger into a tight hug, “Thanks… really.”

JR patted his back, “Don’t worry about it… you guys lost a lot. You deserve to get something back.”

Youngjae watched the scene with mild amazement. In the short time that he had been with the force, Youngjae had seen so much violence, the cut throat competition between gangsters and the low life’s on the street, but never had he seen anything close to compassion from the criminals they had to track down. He’d been amazed by the kindness and normality that B.A.P had shown in these past weeks and had been sure it was some kind of fluke and that no other gang was so caring, but after this incident, Youngjae couldn’t help but think differently.

At the same time, he was saddened by the new found information. These gangs were like close knit families, and some of them had gone missing and nobody had bothered to look for them. Maybe the gangs had a few rough edges, maybe they weren’t the most perfect of people, but from his experiences thus far, Youngjae was beginning to like them better than some of the rude jackasses he used to work with.

Youngjae was pulled from his thoughts as someone tapped his shoulder lightly, “C’mon hyung… U-Kiss is about to leave, then Channie hyung wants to go out for dinner tonight…” Youngjae smiled a little as Zelo tugged at his arm to get him to his feet as they followed after the others.

 

“We’ll keep digging up stuff on them from this end, okay… You guys just… go take some time for yourselves, okay?” Yongguk was walking along side Kiseop, patting his shoulder gentle as the two gangs made their way outside into the evening light.

“We’re not going to be able to just sit around…” Kiseop mumbled.

“Yeah yeah, revenge is wanted, but… don’t overdo it, okay? We’re here for you guys…”

“Thanks, Yongguk… really… everything you guys are doing for us...”

Yongguk smiled in return, his gums on full display “Don’t worry about it Kiseop. Just know, once this is all over, we expect you to respect our territory.”

Kiseop let out a half snort of laughter, “Yeah, okay, a territory U-Kiss will be taking over.” He joked, a smile on his face that didn’t quite reach his eyes as he tried to act at least somewhat normally.  He looked forward to the other members of his group, a true smile reaching his eyes as he watched Eli tap Kevin’s shoulder to get him to stop, pointing down at the untied shoelace. “I swear, those two are a couple and they don’t even know it…”

Yongguk laughed a little, “Oh, I think they know it…” He said as he watched Eli stoop down to tie the pesky shoelace for the younger.

The calm air was shattered by a scream of pain and before Youngjae could process what was going on, he was being forced back against a brick wall, Daehyun’s body covering his own as the elder stared at him with wide eyes. Just past the brunette, Youngjae could make out Himchan’s fallen form, the raven haired man clutching at his arm, trying to stop the flow of blood from the gaping wound.

Everything was in utter chaos as the soft ‘ping’ of another bullet ricochet off something nearby, driving everyone further into cover and farther away from Himchan as the elder remained completely exposed to the possibility of more gunshots. Youngjae pushed against Daehyun, his mind clouded with panic as he disregarded the hand that tried to hold him back.

Youngjae was instantly on his knees, pushing Himchan flat to the sidewalk as he pulled off his jacket, easing Himchan’s hand away from the gaping hole in his arm to press the material to the wound. “Shhh, Hyung… it’s okay… we’re here… it’ll be okay.” He could hear Yongguk’s voice, a mere static noise in the background as he told Kiseop to get the rest of U-Kiss out of here and to stay safe. He put all of his focus on Himchan as the elder continued to hyperventilate, his hands shaking as he kept trying to pull Youngjae’s hands away from the bullet hole, trying to alleviate the pressure that was causing so much pain.

“S…stop, hurts…. It hurts…” Himchan’s voice was shaking as he continued to weakly fight against Youngjae, tears in his eyes as the younger only doubled the pressure on the bleeding wound.

“Z…Zelo!” Youngjae looked around for the blue-black haired boy, motioning down to Himchan’s arm the second Zelo was at his side, “Keep pressure on this. Okay?”

Zelo nodded quickly, holding the jacket firm against Himchan’s arm as Youngjae searched Himchan’s pockets, pulling out the cell phone. He mentally cringed as he dialed the long since memorized number, nausea building up in his throat as Himchan’s blood smeared across the clean screen as he dialed. Youngjae pressed he phone to his ear, listening to the ring as he finally looked up to the others surrounding them.

Yongguk was panicking, pacing back and forth. “We can’t take Himchan to a hospital, Dae… It’ll put everything, all of us, at risk-“

“I know hyung-“

“-But if we don’t, what if the damage—“

“Hyung, calm down!”

“Dae, I can’t calm down!”

“Yes, you can, for Channie's sake, please.”

Yoboseyo?

Youngjae blinked rapidly, nearly jumping as he realized the phone had picked up already. How long had the other been on the line for now?

Yoboseyo…?

“S…Sorry!” Youngjae got up from where he sat next to Himchan, ignoring Jongup’s look of worry as he stepped away. “It’s me, Youngj—“

“Youngjae, yeah… I recognize your voice, but not so much the number. Is this a new cell phone?”

“N…No… It’s… a friend's…”

“Youngjae… You sound like you’re about to cry, is everything okay? Is P.O. okay? I’m at work right now; I can get someone else to cover my shift if you need me too-”

“A…Actually, I need you at work… You remember that time I took care of that… issue you were having… you told me that you owed me big time…”

“Well, yeah, is everything alright, Jae?”

“Not really….. Can I use that favor now?”

 


 

/bashing head into keyboard, because doing that would probably have written a better chapter then what I did.

I am so so SO sorry for making you guys wait so long. My boss took off from work to go on vacation (yay -___- more hours.) and then piles and piles of utter crap built up and for some reason my depression is trying to come back (even though I'm happier right now more so than I have ever been before), so, I just... didn't /feel/ like writing at all, like, period. So I thought it would be best to take a short little break, other wise I would end up writing "and everyone died, no one lived happily ever after, the end" for this chapter.

It's crappy, and it's short, but I promise not to leave you guys hanging like that again. My mom is going out of the country soon, and she promised as soon as she got back, she'd give me the money from my tax returns, and she'd help me to buy a laptop of my own (yay~) but for now.... i have to pay for the tags on my car and then get my cat fixed. (not so yay?)

 

Any guesses who Youngjae's friend is?~ :3 (or who shot at UKiss/B.A.P, although this one is easier to answer and hopefully obvious).