Purpose

Diary

What is the purpose of a diary?

Doesn’t it hold all of your thoughts, your memories, and your secrets? Well that’s what he calls me.

His diary.

The way he laughs only I know whether it’s genuine or fake. The way he smiles only I know whether it’s to show he’s really happy or just putting on a front. The way he talks only I can truly read through what he’s trying to say. The way he acts only I can tell what he’s trying to do.

No I’m not literally a diary. No I’m not a stalker. No I’m not his mother. No I’m not his lover…I’m nothing more than his best friend.

We have no secrets between each other…Well that’s what he thinks.

He says I’m his diary and in return he could be mines. But how could he be? There was one secret that I had not told him. As much as he thinks he knows me, he doesn’t have the slightest idea.

I had fallen…fallen long ago…deep…I had fallen deeply in love with him.

All those late night sessions of deep discussions, all those times we laughed together, all those times we hung out with each other, all those times we comforted each other when in need.

How could I not fall for him?

My life has become consumed and intertwined with him. My thoughts, my memories, and my biggest secret is filled with no one else but him.

If…If only…If only he could see me as more…more than just someone to talk to, more than just someone to laugh with, more than just someone that will help him in the time of need.

When that time does come…he’ll see me…he’ll realize that I could be more than just a friend .He’ll see me as a woman.

His woman.

And when he does…that's when I'll tell him...who occupies my thoughts, who is in all of my happy memories, and what my biggest secret is. That’s when he’ll know everything about me. That’s when he’ll be able to truly say he’s my diary.

 

Author's Notes:

One of my many random writings. I was listening to Alicia Keys- Diary (who by the way is one of my favorite artists) and felt like free writing to it. I don't wanna reveal the guy, since I haven't really thought of who the guy would possibly be in the first place anyways haha. I will leave this up, open ended just in case I feel like adding more. Thanks for reading! <3