Bionic war 1~

My Robot Buddy(s)

 

 

As if right on cue my phone started to ring and it was Zelo, I instantly felt relieved.

 

“Zelo you need to come—“

 

“Zoe your dad is gone!” Zelo said in a quiet yet panicky tone.

 

“Wait what?!“ I thought I heard wrong.

-I wish I heard wrong-

 

You know technically the term ‘gone’ is too panicky, use something more calm.” I heard Himchan oppa’s voice.

 

So disappeared?” Zelo said.

 

“Guys?” I tried to get their attention.

 

No no, try ‘went out for a bit’”

 

“Guys??”

 

“But all his stuff is gone. That must be a very long walk he’s taking.” Yongguk oppa commented this time.

 

“Guys!!” I finally shouted to get their attention.

 

“Yeah?” Zelo calmly answered making me face-palm myself.

-You’ve got to be kidding me-

 

“If you’re done, can you please tell me what happened to my dad?” I demanded an answer right away.

 

When I got here he was not around.”

 

I was about to ask more when suddenly two masked men in black outfits popped out of the bushes.

 

“Zelo, I’m kinda in trouble here, so if you can please come pick me up that’ll be awesome.” I said quietly while eyeing the two masked men who are now surrounding us.

 

“What happened? Where are you?” He sounded alert now.

 

“A park near the arcade. Zelo hurry.” I quickly said and hung up.

 

“Where’s Jongup?” Yongjae dared ask the men, but his voice was shaky and quiet.

 

One of the men just chortled and took a couple of steps to Youngjae.

 

“Dude he asked you a question!!” I ran towards the guy who laughed and kicked him in his gut.

 

“Zoe! Watch out!” He luckily blocked the other guy before he could hit me.

-That would’ve been really painful if he hit my injured arm.-

 

 

“Thanks dude.” We pressed our backs against each other to watch for each other’s blind spots.

 

“Call me Yongjae.” He said and threw a face punch at one of those ninja dudes.

 

“Nice hit Yongjae.” I praised and right on time I kicked the other guy on the head and sent him flying before he could attack me.

 

“Whoa…I’m glad I’m not him.” Yongjae bent down –but not too close- to examine the guy I just kicked and if it was at least a bit brighter right now, I’d be certain he just turned pale.

 

“These guys were kinda easy. Too easy in fact…” Youngjae mumbled, but I heard him clearly.

 

“No kidding. They didn’t even have weapons.” I shrugged while I cut off a piece of my t-shirt to tie around my wound.

 

“Did we finally get rid of all their strong warriors?” Youngjae scratched his temple.

 

After I secured the cloth around my wound I went to the other knocked-out masked man and slowly lifted off his mask.

 

“First let’s see who you really are.” I finally took the whole mask off.

 

“You’re a girl!” I exclaimed.

 

“This one’s a girl too, we’ve fought girls before. But they were stronger.” Youngjae explained.

 

Suddenly I felt a jab on my wounded arm and I held myself from shouting in pain. This girl just stabbed my arm with a pocketknife. I looked back at her and she looked both terrified and surprised, her whole body visibly shaking in fear.

 

“I’m not gonna hurt you.” I whispered to her.

-I think that attack was just a self-defense impulse-

 

“And I get you don’t really want to harm me either right? Cause if you did, you would’ve aimed for my heart.” I pointed to the place and watched her every move and expression.

-She’s just like that girl Ina, they’re forced to do this-

 

“What’s your name?” I quietly asked. She looked at me a bit stunned so I repeated the question.

 

“Ria” She breathed.

 

“I’m Zoe by the way. Listen Ria you should run now, once you’ve gone far enough, never return to those people again.” As soon as I said that her eyes lightened up and she looked relieved as she slowly formed a grateful smile.

 

“Thank you Zoe.”

 

“Now go hurry!” I rushed her.

 

“Wait! Here, this will cure your wound.” She took out a small vile with an antidote in it and flashed me another smile.

 

“It might sting but it’ll stop the poison from spreading. We carry these incase the enemies use our weapons against us.” She slowly poured the antidote on my fresh wound and she was right, that stings!

 

I flinched a bit at the touch but she held my arm securely and reassured me.

 

“Try to stay put so that the antidote can kill the poison before it kills you.” I gulped at the thought and nodded slowly while she examined my arm.

 

“You’re good to go.” She let go of my arm and smiled again.

 

“Thanks, you should go now.” I nodded at her and finally she dashed off.

 

“You know for a person who just got stabbed, you forgive easily.” Youngjae finally spoke.

 

“She didn’t have a choice, it’s not fair. Plus you saw her, she made up for her mistake didn’t she?” I stood up but the pain in my arm made me feel kinda weak.

-Well the poison’s gone, but getting stabbed twice on the same place sure hurts-

 

“Hyung!” The other guy finally showed up. Once he saw the unconscious body lying near Yongjae he went all cautious again.

 

“What happened? Did you get hurt?” He quickly scanned Youngjae for any visible wounds.

 

“Two girls attacked us but we took ca—“

 

“Two? Where’s the other one?” He scanned the area. Youngjae looked at me and I shrugged.

 

“I let her go.” I answered casually.

 

“You what?!” Jongup roared and almost in a blink he was right in front of me.

-Something’s different about him…his eyes just became red-

 

“Are you crazy! Don’t you know she could be a spy? And now she’s probably headed to their headquarters to give information.” His eyes were soo red if a bull saw him he’d get chased from a mile.

-I wonder if there are any bulls here?-

     

 “Dude calm down! What kind of information do you think she could give? That she stabbed a girl with a pocket knife?!” I raised my voice a bit feeling irritated and provoked by him.

 

“You’re stupid.” He stated and turned around.

 

Usually comments like that Don’t annoy me but right now I’m a volcano ready to corrupt anyway so I took a pebble that was lying on the ground beside me and threw it directly at his head.

-One shot success-

 

“And you’re an angry dramatic wacko!” I shouted to him.

 

“Zoe stop! If his eyes turn white—“ Youngjae started but stopped once he caught glimpse of Jong up’s eyes. “Zoe, I suggest you run.” He stated simply.

 

Jongup slowly turned to face me again and yep; his eyes were white and glowing.

-I’m doomed-

 

The last thing I saw before I closed my eyes to receive the blow was Jong up’s angry face and him speeding towards me to deliver his attack.

-So how come I’m still alive?-

 

“Zoe! Open your eyes! Are you ok?”

-That’s…Zelo’s voice-

 

“Zelo?” I finally opened my eyes and saw him blocking off Jongup. A smile made its way to my face, as I felt relieved.

-My hero finally came-

 

“Who are you!” Jongup demanded as he punched Zelo right across the face.

 

“That’s a nice way to ask, mind answering me first?” Zelo sped off and gave back the punch.

 

“Why were you attacking her!” His hair was already red and his angry expression was on.

 

“Zelo be careful, don’t go overbred.” I told him as he came sliding backwards after blocking Jong up’s recent attack.

 

“Zoe this guy is not normal.” He stood his ground for a while and examined his new opponent.

 

“Zelo, I think…He’s bionic like you.” I said, as I finally was able to put the pieces together.

 

Jongup’s eyes turned red when he got angry, and he has the same speed ability as Zelo, Youngjae warned me about his eyes turning white meaning…that’s his combat mode!

 

“And if my guess is right, his white eyes is combat mode!” I told him and he sped towards Jongup again which I think is the fastest I’ve seen him.

 

Surprisingly, even with that kind of speed and that kind of force Jongup was able to block it with one hand.

 

“I’m done playing.” Jongup said in a serious tone.

-This looks bad-

 

I could already see some strands of Zelo’s hair turning black.

-This is very very bad-

 

“Youngjae we have to stop them!” I turned to the person who’s been quietly watching in a spot.

 

“That boy’s a bionic too isn’t he?” He asked, while eyes still fixed on the two bionics fighting.

 

“Yes! And if he goes combat mode too, they might end up killing each other!!” All right I started to panic. This is a new situation and I don’t know how to react.

 

“That’s not good!” He also looked panicky now and we both started to run towards the middle of the fight.

-Please let us live through this chaos-

 

“GUYS STOP!!” we both stood there hands making a stop sign and shouting our lungs out. My eyes were closed as I felt myself diving right through a tornado. But as soon as I opened them, I saw the two fighting bionics stop.

-Thank goodness-

 

“Hyung! I could’ve hit you!” Jongup said eyes turning to bright grey.

 

“Hey your eyes are grey, don’t be scared, you didn’t ok? I’m fine see?” Youngjae went to calm him down and turned around in a circle to show that he’s fine.

 

“Calm down ok? I don’t think they’re our enemies. Zoe saved me many times now, we should be thankful you pabo!” He lightly bumped Jongup’s head and laughed.

 

“Zoe are you ok?” Zelo came to me after finally pulling himself.

 

“Yeah I’m—“

 

“Bleeding! Zoe you’re bleeding!” Zelo looked at my wound and started to panic, his hair was continuously changing colors. Blue, Red, orange.

 

“Hey I’ve never seen orange before.” I pointed to the color that took over now.

 

“I’m panicking right now! Let’s go get you healed.” He carried me on his back and started to walk towards the exit.

 

“Poke” I childishly said as I poked his cheek.

 

“We need to get home fast I think you’re losing it.” He said and after exactly five more steps he stopped in front of a bush and in a blink of an eye, a silver car materialized in front of us. “Get in.”

-Isn’t that…our portable Z-X car? -

 

“You piggy backed me just to take me to the car!” I hit his back lightly and got off.

 

“Hey Zoe—whoa! What happened to your arm?!” Himchan oppa got off and opened his eyes wide as soon as he saw my bleeding arm.

 

“Ah, small accident?” I shrugged and smiled awkwardly. Feeling Zelo’s eyes on me made me feel tenser.

 

“She got injured by the people who attacked us, sorry we’re the once to blame.” Yongjae and Jongup had caught up to us. Yongjae looked really apologetic since he was wearing a sad smile and was rubbing his neck awkwardly.

 

I could already sense the atmosphere change by the way Zelo and Jongup send death glares to each other.

-I hope they don’t start another bionic war *sigh*-

 

“Yongjae?” I heard Himchan oppa say.

 

“You know him oppa?” I tilted my head at him, flashing a questioning look.

 

“I do, and you just did too. Well that was fast.” He laughed nervously.

-What did he mean by that? Something’s up!-

 

“Wait you also know Zoe? Are you guys related?” Yongjae asked this time.

 

“We’re not. But you two are.” He sighed and stated firmly. This made everyone in the place to turn their attention to him.

 

“What are you saying?” I finally asked, I don’t know why but I’m started to get mixed feelings.

 

“I’m saying, Zoe & Youngjae…you two are cousins.”

 

=========

 

Hey you awesome Reader-nims~ X3 hope you enjoyed this chapter~

Have a nice day guys~ ^o^

Pyeong =]★