Anti-Bionics

My Robot Buddy(s)

 

 

“What are you saying?” I finally asked, I don’t know why but I’m started to get mixed feelings.

 

“I’m saying, Zoe & Youngjae…you two are cousins.” He looked at us with a serious expression.

 

I think I’ve already lost too much blood that I suddenly feel too dizzy and I started losing balance on my two feet.

 

Zelo noticed right away and caught me in his arms before I could drop to the ground.

 

“Zoe are you ok?” He asked concerned and held me securely in his arms to support me.

 

“Was finding out I was her cousin that bad?” Yongjae pouted.

 

“Hyung, I don’t think that’s it.” Jongup said to the elder.

 

“Himchan hyung her injury. We have to hurry.” I heard Zelo say before everything completely went black.

 

. . . . . . .

 

“Zoe…” I heard a familiar voice speak.

 

“Where are you?” I asked while searching for the voice, but everything’s soo bright it’s hard to see.

 

“Zoe, I’ll see you soon~” The voice said in an almost whisper and it disappeared.

 

 

“Zoe? Zoe! Wake up!” I heard sonjin’s voice this time.

*Why am I shaking?*

 

“Sonjin noona let her rest first, stop shaking her!” Zelo argued.

 

*Wait a while ago I was just dreaming*

 

“It’s already morning! She should be awake by now!!” Sonjin argued back.

 

Slowly I tried to open my eyes and adjust to the lighting of the room.

 

“Zoe!” Sonjin practically jumped on me. “Are you ok?”

 

“Unnie…” I called quietly.

 

“What happened to you?!” She just continued squeezing my face and fussing.

 

“Unnie…” I tried again.

 

“They came and you were unconscious and—“

 

“Cho Sonjin! My arm!” I finally lost my patience and lightly pushed her off. She looked at me with a hurt expression and started pouting like a little kid about to cry.

 

“Told you to let her rest first.” Zelo cut in. “Serves you right.” He mumbled the last part and chuckled yet both sonjin and me were able to hear it clearly.

 

“What’d you say imma!” Sonjin slowly turned her head and in the scariest way said in a low voice and her eyes suddenly darted to Zelo in a scary glare.

 

“Serves me right!” She Jumped on my bed and started running after Zelo.

 

“You won’t be able to catch me even if you tried for a year!” Zelo said with a poker face and started running.

 

Zelo And Sonjin kept running around until Sonjin finally ran out of breath.

 

“Zelo you’re no a kid anymore you know.” Yongguk oppa came in and told him with a manly attitude.

 

“Hey guk oppa want some cookie?” I took the box of cookies beside my bed and held it out to him.

 

“Yes!! Gimme gimme!!” He jumped like a kid to my side and snatched the cookie away.

 

“Oh no hyung, be careful you’re not a kid anymore.” Zelo mimicked and winked at his brother.

 

Yongguk almost choked on his cookie before capturing Zelo in a headlock.

 

“Yah! Don’t forget I’m still your hyung!” Yongguk scolded.

 

“Serves you right!” Sonjin stuck out her tongue at Zelo and laughed in victory.

 

*Guess some things never change, that’s a relief*
 

Zelo finally escaped from Yongguk’s hold and darted to my side at once. “So Zoe how are you feeling?” He asked innocently, yet I can tell from his eyes that he’s still worried.

 

“After seeing you get head locked and chased around, Ehem I feel much much better.” I giggled as he flashed me a pout yet he smiled shyly right after.

 

“Good morning~” Himchan greeted as he walked in the room coolly.

 

“Hey Zoe, glad you’re ok.” He came to my side and flashed me a warm smile.

 

“What happened?” I asked right away not wanting any more delays.

 

“You passed out after—“

 

“Not that oppa, I mean what’s going on?” I asked in a serious tone and judging by his expression he understood what I meant.

 

The room fell silent and Sonjin decided to finally break the ice.

 

“I’ll go make Zoe something to eat, sanbae mind helping?” She signaled yongguk to go out as well so that Himchan and me can talk.

 

“You too Zelo.” Yongguk headed to the door and called, but Zelo sat still beside me shaking his head slightly.

 

I turned to him and he flashed me another one of his innocent smiles.

 

“I think he needs to stay as well oppa.” I shrugged at yongguk oppa; he nodded and left without another word.

 

*Jongup is a bionic just like Zelo, so I bet he’s just as curious as I am*

 

Himchan let out a sigh and took one of the seats in front of my bed before he started talking.

 

“Youngjae’s dad is your uncle which makes you two cousins.” He started and I only nodded gesturing for him to continue.

 

“His dad is also a scientist like professor Lee which explains Jongup.”

 

“So he really is just like me.” Zelo thought quietly.

 

“He has the same bionic chip as Zelo but he might have other features that are a bit different.” He explained.

 

“Like the way his eye color changes—“

 

“According to his mood. Yes.” Himchan continued after me.

 

“How come appa never told me about them before?” I asked, curiosity getting the best of me.

 

“I’m not sure Zoe, my information is limited to what prof. Lee wants me to know.” He shook his head and shrugged.

 

“So why did he tell you and not me?” I started to get irritated.

 

“You know your appa, always putting me in a tight spot.” He sighed tiredly. “I seriously need a raise.” He mumbled and puffed his cheeks.

 

“But I’ve known your dad for a while now and I’ve worked with him for quite sometime; my guess is, maybe he’s just not ready to tell you himself yet.” He said sincerely.

 

“What’s there to be ready for? I’m his daughter…He should be able to tell me himself.” I said in an almost whisper and lowered my head, feeling a bit sad by the fact that my own dad would rather let someone else tell me things than telling me himself.

 

“Zoe, I bet he has his reasons.” Zelo held my hand and caressed it with his thumb.

 

“Zelo’s not wrong you know.” Himchan spoke up.

 

“So where is appa anyway?” I asked still keeping my head down.

 

“He went out for a bit…” His voice was low as he mumbled.

 

“Went out where?” I raised a brow and crossed my arm.

 

“England?” He smiled nervously and scratched the back of his head.

 

“He went where!” Both Zelo and me exclaimed at the same time.

 

“Why the heck did he go all the way there?” I asked in a loud voice.

 

“Probably to meet my dad.” Youngjae came into the room and answer instead.

 

I turned to him and furrowed my brows in confusion. And in the corner of my eyes I could see Himchan oppa sighing in relief.  

 

“How are you feeling umm…cuz?” He smiled awkwardly as he stepped in further into the room, a certain bionic following behind him with the most normal expression I’ve seen since I met him last night.

 

“Better, Thanks for asking. So how did you know my dad went to meet your dad?” I tilted my head as I asked.

 

“My dad just called me and told me to look out for you while your dad goes to visit him.” He held out his phone giving it a little shake as he explained.

 

“I see. Good thing your dad informs you.” I mumbled the last sentence in between gritted teeth.

 

“Listen, We’ll have to go back to Korea later this evening I can’t guarantee your safety here. At least there we are fully equipped and protected.” Himchan stood up from his seat and eyed both Yongjae and me.

“What do you mean not safe?” I blinked at him blankly.

 

“Do you really need to ask?” Himchan raised an eyebrow at me and nodded at my bandaged arm.

 

“Oh right!” I laughed awkwardly as I scratched my temple. “So who were those guys anyway?”

 

“The ones me and you fought are just probably amateur spies. But the ones Jongup fought are called anti-bionics.” He stated simply. “You know how in a human’s body there are anti-bodies that destroy viruses?” I nodded at his question.

 

“Well anti-bionics are almost the same way.” Yongjae looked at Jongup then turned to Zelo. “I don’t know if there are any more bionics like Zelo and Jongup, but these anti bionics are there to illuminate them and take over the chip inside them.” Yongjae looked at the ground with fearful eyes, his hands were visibly shaking by his sides.

 

“How come I’ve never heard of them before?” I asked slowly and held Zelo’s hand tighter.

 

“We never really knew they existed. First time we met them was during the winter last year. They weren’t that strong but we soon learned that they became stronger after each encounter.”

 

“What are they exactly?” I turned to Himchan then back to Yongjae.

 

“That’s what our dads and the rest of our organization want to find out. But from our past encounters, they are just robots in the form of people.”

 

“So kinda the opposite of a bionic?” Zelo asked this time, Youngjae nodded.

 

“What else have you learned about them?” Himchan crossed his arms in thought.

 

“We learned that they’re from a small scientific organization that’s why we never knew they existed till they decided to finally attack us. They’ve been researching for a long time now and have been collecting information quietly from a far. But we still can’t find their headquarters.” His hands formed fists and his breathing started to become heavy.

 

“Hyung…don’t worry, we’ll find her.” Jongup whispered the last part to him, which I barely could hear and gave him a look that I couldn’t read.

 

“Then we’ll have to stick together from now on.” I stated firmly and nodded at them both with a reassuring smile.

 

Zelo held my hands in both of his and gave them a little squeeze. He flashed me a look that I couldn’t read at first but I understood in the end.

 

*Let’s hope this time won’t be like the last Zelo*

 

========

: Hello reader-nims~ ^o^ sorry for the delay hehe ^^;

So now we have a clue of who the new enemies are, who's curious for more? Raise ur hand! XD

Have a nice day everyone~ 

Pyeong~ =]★

*on a sidenote: I just wanted to say coffee shop is soooo awesome!! Zelo and Himchan soo cool and Daehyun's voice >u< yaay everyone was sooo awesome!*