Not so elite stalker

My Robot Buddy(s)

 

Youngjae sat close to his sister. Praying with all his heart that she'd wake up soon. Everyone had left the room hours ago to get prepared for any upcoming attacks, but he stayed. He was scared that if he left that room his sister would disappear again.

 

-When are you going to wake up Eunjae?-

 

"Tsk Tsk Tsk. What a sad sad scene I'm seeing." Suddenly a familiar voice, one that Youngjae learned to despise, materialized from behind him.

 

In an instant Youngjae turned around and as soon as he saw the man who had kidnapped his sister, he got up from his seat and grabbed the man's collar tightly with his fists.

 

"WHAT DID YOU DO TO MY SISTER!!" Though he was a very calm and rational man, in this situation, Youngjae had thrown away all rationality and allowed anger to take over him.

 

"Now now, is that how you welcome a visitor master Youngjae?" The man smirked, not the slightest bit taken aback by Youngjae's sudden outburst. After all, he did expect this didn't he.

 

"I said what did you do to Eunjae!" Youngjae demanded in between gritted teeth, but with a more quiet and threatening tone now.

 

"Hmm...Aren't you happy that she's already with you?" The man smiled, though his eyes spoke of untold evil.

 

"Why isn't she waking up?" Youngjae tightened the hold on the man's collar, almost choking him.

 

"Well how do you expect me to talk when you're basically choking me?!" The traitor pretended to be out of breath. Oh what a dramatic and cunning traitor he was. As soon as he felt Youngjae's hold loosened a bit, he smirked again.

-I guess controlling him would be easier than I thought-

 

"How about a deal master Youngjae?" He smiled like the gentleman he used to be. The latter's hold tightened again as he was starting to get impatient with this man's games.

 

"Oh don't worry, I assure you you will get what you want if you agreed." Youngjae glared at him. There was no way he was going to let this man to make him do what he wants. But then again...

 

"For your sister to wake up again..." The man whispered in his ear. "Isn't that what you want, master?"

 

And with that, all rationality left Youngjae's thoughts as he slowly gave a short nod, as if he was totally hypnotized. The traitor smiled satisfied.

 

=======

 

Zoe had left the lab to go and buy clothes and other necessities for Youngjae's sister. Even though she had just seen her cousin now, she was already worried as if they knew each other since a very long time. Her mind was pretty much occupied by the thoughts of her new family members. Why is it that she just met them now? And in the most oddest, not to mention dangerous, situation. Why didn't they meet before like during New Year or on each other's birthdays or something? Like normal people.

 

"Come to think of it, when has my life been normal anyway?" She mumbled to herself and let out a heavy sigh as she placed the clothes she had picked on the counter.

 

"That's a pretty deep sigh, wanna talk about what's in your mind?" The clerk spoke.

 

"I'd rather not--Oppa!" Zoe was surprised as soon as she looked up to see who was speaking. Daehyun gave a toothy grin as he scanned the price tags.

 

"You work here? Since when?" She blinked dumbfounded.

 

"Since you went to Japan and left me all alone and bored here." Daehyun pouted.

 

"Pabo! We asked you if you wanted to come didn't we? You refused so it was you loss." Zoe stated as-a-matter-of-factly.

 

"Just kidding, I know that. But I had to stay back, plus this is just a part time slash disguise job." He whispered in her ear and gave a childish wink.

 

"This is for you cousin right?" He asked as he was placing the clothes in a bag.

 

"Yeah, I want to help take care of her. She's family after all." She smiled sadly.

 

"Ah~ That's my Zoe, the girl with a golden heart~" He handed her the bag and ruffled her hair proudly.

 

"Ya! Don't do that or el--"

 

"Or your protector slash stalker will beat me up?" Daehyun smirked.

 

"Huh?" Zoe tilted her head in question.

 

"Don't look now, just pretend you don't know he's there. It's more fun that way." Daehyun grinned like a small kid.

 

======

 

Zoe went to a small supermarket. She bought two drinks, and two ice creams. Happily walking away with her purchase she headed to the nearest park, still pretending that she was oblivious to her tall 'stalker'. Zoe's favorite movies had always been the ones with spies, action and combat. Following one of the scenes Zoe watched in a spy movie she took out her phone, instead of a mirror, selected the camera Icon and raised her hand to below chin level, using the front camera as her spy cam on the spy.

 

She had a great view of the boy who kept following her and for some reason kept hiding from her. A soft giggle erupted from her as she witnessed how the childish bionic casually came in between a couple who were holding hands and forced his way through them.

 

-Silly robot-

 

She kept walking while keeping an eye on the screen and watching every move the bionic does. She noticed how he would speed up and hide behind a tree and then speed up to the next. If she didn't know Zelo, or had opened up to the latter, she would've found his stalking very creepy and would either run away or go fight with him. But in this case, she just found it funny, and adorable.

 

After watching for a while, Zoe noticed how Zelo would imitate her steps and moves accurately. Zoe had always been the unsteady walker. If she suddenly hopped, Zelo would hop as well. If she stretched out her right arm, Zelo did the same. One time Zoe kicked a pebble while walking, she noticed how Zelo looked around the ground for one as well. When he finally found one though, he kicked it soo hard that it went flying past Zoe. She held herself though before she could react and give herself away.

 

After walking for about 15 minutes Zoe had decided it was time for her to find a good spot and sit or else the ice cream in the plastic bag would melt soon.

 

She chose the spot on the grass in front of the beautiful river. After settling down and placing the bag on the soft grass, she held her phone again to check if Zelo was still around. To her surprise he was nowhere to be found behind her. She hovered the phone around, pretending to take Selcas, as she tried to search for her bionic stalker. She was almost convinced that he had left when she saw a glimpse of blonde mixed with the green leaves high on a tree.

 

Zoe smirked; she closed the camera and went to contacts, dialed a number and waited.

 

After a few seconds, a rap ringtone could be heard from a distance.

 

 

 

Zelo had been following Zoe ever since she left the lab. At first he did it on impulse and worry. But after a while it was curiosity that took place. He had never watched Zoe wandering off on her own before. Not from a distance at least. He had always accompanied her, and was right beside her. This time he found it more interesting than he thought. Soon he found himself not only following her steps, but her actions as well. When she fanned herself he would too. When she tapped her fingers on a surface he did too. When she smiled, he didn't have to think twice as a bigger smile formed on his face. He was just automatically mimicking her every move like a child would mimic his parents.

 

He knew he had to find a more hidden place when Zoe finally sat on a spot. He chose to climb the tree that was beside him, it had a great view and he thought it offered him great cover. He watched as Zoe was happily taking Selcas of herself. He slowly found himself wishing he were there beside her and taking Selcas together. Like the couple he passed through a while ago.

 

He was too engrossed in watching Zoe and wishing they'd take Selcas together that he was stunned to the point that he lost his balance and fell off the tree when his phone started ringing.

 

Zoe heard a loud thud and turned her head to find the bionic boy already on the ground.

 

"Hello?" Zelo sounded irritated as he answered.

Well who could blame him? He did fall off a tree because of that phone call.

 

"Are you ok?" Zoe chuckled.

 

"What?" Zelo was taken a back when he realized whom it was. He pulled the phone away from his ears to check the caller ID then placed it back.

 

"That was a pretty hard fall you Pabo. Ever heard of 'watch your step?'" Zoe jokingly scolded.

 

Zelo looked over at the spot where Zoe was sitting and found her standing already, she was looking at him with both a worried and amused look.

 

"Come over here! I have a treat for you!" Zoe said to the phone while waving the plastic bag at Zelo who sat in an awkward position under the tree.

 

Zelo's hair turned a bright color of pink as he dusted himself and made his way to Zoe.

 

"Sit~" Zoe sat down hurriedly and patted the spot next to her with a smile.

 

"Since when did you know I was following you?" Zelo lowered his head in embarrassment as he sat beside her.

 

"Mmm...I didn't." Zoe shook her head slightly. "Daehyun oppa pointed you out." She giggled.

 

"Aish! No wonder he's an elite spy." Zelo mumbled in annoyance.

 

"Elite or not, who could miss a blonde bionic speeding from one tree to another and climbing up the highest, not to mention falling off with a very loud thud?" Zoe playfully pinched his nose.

 

"So I'm not fit to be a spy then?" Zelo said in a weird voice as Zoe's fingers were still pinching his nose.

 

"Not even as a rookie spy." Zoe shook her head and put on a straight face.

 

"Fine. But I'm still an elite and the best in one thing." Zelo boasted with a huge grin.

 

"Oh yeah? What, an obvious stalker?" Zoe joked, still pinching Zelo's nose.

 

Zelo shook his head then poked Zoe's cheek. "Your elite bionic buddy protector~" He smiled, satisfied with his answer.

 

Zoe was about to retort, even though she was extremely touched by his statement, but the sound of Growl interrupted her.

 

"Na eureureong eureureong eureureong dae~" She sang along before picking it up.

 

"Zoe where are you?" Himchan asked with a demanding tone.

 

"I'm at the park with Ze--"

 

"Come back now!"

 

"Wait, did something happen?" Zoe was more alert now.

 

"Youngjae’s gone."

 

=======

 

Finally it's the weekend, and finally an update! 

Thank you so much for those who sent me pms and massages and for those who comment. Right now I'm updating and am able to brainstorm more for the story because of you guys~ Kamsahamnida!! ^^

Hope you  had/have/are having a great day! ^^

Pyeong~! =]★