Misunderstanding & understanding

My Robot Buddy(s)

 

( Flashback in color green )

~~~~~~

 

Author’s POV~

 

Afternoon came quicker than expected. Everything was already packed and ready. Himchan had already called in the private jet for their flight an hour ago.

 

“Alright the jet should be here in about thirty minutes. Is everything ready?” Himchan hang up his phone and went to the living room to check on the others.

 

Zoe was feeling very drowsy and was on the verge of falling asleep, her eyes felt heavy and her head kept bobbing side ways and downwards. Zelo swiftly caught her and gently placed her head on his shoulder to rest on.

 

“Everything’s good to go. But Zoe fell asleep again.” He smiled softly as he heard her steady breathing and at the way her body relaxed instantly as she finally fell asleep.

 

“So let her rest, I’ll go check on the other three.” Himchan said and left.

 

“You two seem pretty close.” Jongup commented blankly, which Zelo misunderstood as some kind of sarcastic comment.

 

Zelo looked up from Zoe and turned his attention to Jongup who was leaning back on his chair, eyes closed, and arms crossed. To Zelo he just looked like a typical cold person who doesn’t have a care in the world.

 

“I want to be clear with you about one thing,” He looked back at Zoe and tucked in a loose strand of hair behind her ear before continuing. “I don’t trust you.”

 

Jongup smirked at Zelo’s words and sighed. “And why is that?” He opened his eyes and stared at the white ceiling above him.

 

Zelo examined him a bit before answering his question. “Because the first time I saw you, you were going to attack Zoe.”

 

Jongup let out a heavy sigh and leaned in forward. “You shouldn’t accuse people so recklessly.” He looked at Zelo with a knowing look.

 

“Last time I checked you were the one who was reckless enough to attack an innocent person.” Zelo tried to keep himself as calm as possible, keeping in mind that Zoe was still sleeping beside him.

 

“If I didn’t act quick the situation might’ve been wors—“ He clicked his tongue as he stopped and changed his words. “Actually it did, because you stopped me and got in my way! If you didn’t come at that time I could’ve captured her!” Jongup glared at Zelo coldly and thought about how stupid Zelo was to block his attack and act like he was a hero.

-Some kind of hero, you’re just a fool who barges in without knowing the situation you’re in-

 

After hearing this Zelo clenched his fists soo hard that his hands became white and was trembling in anger. His hair slowly became red as he stared back at the other bionic. “Are you even sane! Why would you try to capture Zoe?!” Zelo’s voice rose a bit and that caused Zoe to steer uncomfortably in her sleep; he quickly quieted down and adjusted her position so that she wouldn’t wake up.

 

Jongup looked at him in disbelief and sighed. “Not only are you reckless but you’re also stupid.” He spat. “As a bionic you should’ve known better. That attack wasn’t directed to Zoe, I never intended to attack her in the first place!” He defended with heavy breath.

 

Zelo was taken a back by his answer and was confused to the core. “You’re aim was obviously directed at Zoe.” He stubbornly argued.

 

“Let me repeat myself…” Jongup stood up from his seat and walked towards Zelo to face him directly.

“I wasn’t. Aiming. for Zoe.” He emphasized every word to make himself clear.

 

“Then who were you going to attack?” Zelo asked curiously. His eyes clearly showing that he wasn’t convinced.

 

Jongup let out another sigh before turning his back to Zelo. “When you learn to think first before you judge, then I’ll tell you.” And with that he started walking away, leaving a puzzled Zelo on the spot.

 

Jongup walked away with the events from last night playing back in his mind.

 

 

Flashback (Jongup’s POV)~~

 

I was already walking away, using my ultra hearing bap and super senses to track down the spy that got away but I was suddenly interrupted when a pebble hit my head.

 

“And you’re an angry dramatic wacko!” That girl shouted.

-Just ignore her, she doesn’t know how dange-

 

My thoughts were suddenly cut off when I picked up a motion near Zoe. The other spy that they knocked off earlier was trying to make an escape and was already running away.

 

Youngjae hyung was warning Zoe about my eyes but he was too late, I already engaged to combat mode so that I can go after that runaway spy.

-I won’t let you get away-

 

Zoe saw me, and she probably thought I was going to attack her yet she stayed still on that spot.

-Ah this girl is seriously troublesome! Speaking of troublesome, if I don’t act quickly that spy might end up hurting Zoe or hyung-

 

I was planning on avoiding Zoe at the last minute and continue with my target which I had eye contact with for a brief moment but someone with bad timing stopped me right before I could even pass Zoe.

 

I looked at the spy one last time before facing the person who stopped me from catching her.

 

“Zoe! Open your eyes! Are you ok?”

-So he’s here to save her? -

 

I looked back at where the spy was running but she was already gone. –Aish! She got away! All because of this guy! -

 

“Who are you!” I felt soo irritated by just his presence that I literally forgot my own strength and punched him hard right across the face.

 

“That’s a nice way to ask, mind answering me first?” He sped off towards me and returned an even stronger punch.

-What the heck, He’s just as strong as me! –

 

“Why were you attacking her!” I noticed his hair color changed to red just like how my eyes do.

-He’s also a bionic. Let’s confirm it. –

 

This time I threw an even stronger punch at him, but even with the strong force he easily blocked it and only went sliding backwards with no sign of pain whatsoever.

-With that punch I can easily break down a five story building, yet he blocked it so easily and still managed to stand on his feet.-

 

“Zelo, I think…he’s bionic like you.” I heard Zoe say to him.

-She might not be that stupid after all. So his name is Zelo huh-

 

Zoe looked like she was in thought for a while before saying something again. “And if my guess is right, his white eyes is combat mode.”

-Bingo-

 

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t see this coming; in a blink of an eye Zelo attacked me with such speed and soo much force. But since I already saw it coming, I was able to block him in time.

-Let’s get serious-

 

“I’m done playing.” I said in a serious tone and we both backed off from each other, getting ready for the final blow, but before we could go on with it, Zoe and hyung went in the middle and stopped us.

 

~~~~

 

“What are you thinking of with that kind of expression?” Youngjae’s voice suddenly cut off Jongup’s thoughts as he took a sip from his drink.

 

Jongup blinked a couple of times before facing Youngjae and putting on a reassuring smile. “Nothing.” He simply answered, but knowing his hyung he won’t be let off easily.

 

“Oh yeah?” Youngjae smirked and took another sip while staring out the large window in front of them. “Is it about last night?”

 

“You know, sometimes I wonder if you have some sort of mind reading power or something.” Jongup chuckled at the thought.

 

Youngjae laughed along but then turned serious. “Your attack…it was never intended for Zoe was it?” Jongup shook his head as an answer; confirming what Youngjae had in mind.

 

“Was it another Anti bionic?” He asked slowly. Jongup shook his head again, making Youngjae confused. Youngjae tilted his head to the side in thought. “Then?”

 

Jongup hit Youngjae’s head lightly and chuckled at him. “You let the enemy escape and not even notice!” He crossed his arms and shook his head with a soft sigh.

 

“Hey! Zoe was the one who let her go!” Youngjae defended helplessly, his friend only knocked on his head yet again.

 

“I’m talking about the other one. The one you knocked out.” He leaned back on the wall opposite of the big window and put his hands in his pockets casually.

 

“She was escaping, and more than that I think she was planning on hurting you or Zoe but…” He paused for a while and thought back to that expression he saw on that girl’s face.

 

“But?” Youngjae urged him to continue with knitted eyebrows.

 

“But as soon as Zelo came, she had this surprised expression on her face and a really irritating smirk right after. If I didn’t know any better she was really glad Zelo came at that time.” An image of that girl’s smirk appeared in his head again making Jongup soo annoyed that he unconsciously punched the wall he was leaning on, creating a crack on its surface.

 

“That explains your harsh behavior with Zelo when he showed up.” Youngjae mumbled and nodded in understanding.

 

“Yup.” He sighed.

 

“You know you could’ve just told us all this instead of acting cool.” Zelo’s voice cut in and he soon appeared with Zoe in the hall where Youngjae and Jongup were standing.

“Eavesdropping is impolite.” Jongup rolled his eyes and stood up to face them, hands casually in his pockets, head slightly leaning back.

 

“Seriously just drop the cool act dude. You make me wanna punch you again.” Zelo crossed his arms and shook his head with a childish expression on his face.

 

“And with all the misunderstandings and false accusations behind I think we can finally work together against our enemies. What do you say umm…cuz?” Zoe proposed and turned to her new family member.

 

“Sounds good, cuz~” He smiled. 

 

============

 

: I know it's short but I hope you'd bare with me ^^; 

Next chaps will hopefully be action-filled and more fun for you guys to read.

Hope reader-nims are having a nice day! ^o^

Pyeong~! =]★