Oh my oolf!

My Robot Buddy(s)

 

 

Last year went by so so fast, yet there were many times when they felt so so slow. Tonight is finally New Year’s Eve and to celebrate it, my dad took us to Japan. I was so excited and hyper when I found out we were having a family trip with everyone! Even Sonjin eonni is coming. Well I was excited until…

 

“No! Not without me you don’t!” He crossed his arms and looked all-serious.

 

“Zelo! For the last time, I’m going to a sauna with Sonjin eonni; you can go with guk and himchan oppa if you so badly wanna come too.” I slowly explained and sighed when he gave me a poker face.

 

“Fine! Fine I won’t go! There happy?!” I flailed my arms and gave up. He quickly flashed me a bright smile and linked his arms with mine.

-There’s no stopping him seriously-

 

“Should we go play some video games?” He asked excitedly.

 

“Okay but we go play in the arcade.” I conditioned. He thought of it for a while then finally nodded.

 

Ever since that accident two years ago, Zelo became more protective over me. Refusing to let me out of his sight or to let me go somewhere alone without him, though he is usually just being stubborn, deep inside I can see that he’s afraid . . .and so am I. Afraid of one of us getting hurt again.  

 

We finally spotted a video game arcade and were about to get in when suddenly someone grabbed my arm and turned me around.

 

“Zoe?!” The voice almost shrieked.

 

“Do I know you?” I squinted my eyes to look at the person’s painted face clearly, but with all that paint and that costume it was hard to tell.

Before that person could even answer Zelo grabbed her arm tightly and pulled her away.

 

“Who are you and why do you know her?” He asked calmly but he is obviously shooting daggers at her.

 

“Nandattebayo!!” She shouted and tried to pull her arm but Zelo held onto it tighter.

-Wait that catch phrase! That costume!! That voice!!-

 

“Let go of me! Let go!!” She said in Japanese and took out a fake ninja sword to defend herself.

 

“Hey I rememb—“

 

Before I could continue my sentence Zelo bent her fake sword with one hand leaving the girl to let go of it and step back in fear.

 

“I’m sorry maybe I had the wrong person. I’m sorry.” She bowed and started running as if her life depended on it.

 

“No! Hikari! Don’t…go.” I tried to call after her but she was running so fast I lost the chance.

 

I turned and glared at Zelo for scaring her away.

 

“What?” He said blankly.

 

“What?!” I looked at him baffled. “You just scared away my friend! She was my first Japanese friend when I came here last time! We bonded over anime and manga she was my friend!” Yep, I was angry. And I was gonna let him know I was.

 

“Now look what you did she—“

 

“I’m sorry Zoe” He lowered his head, eyes staring at the ground looking like an apologetic child who just got scolded by his mom.

I examined him for a while and I noticed that small scar on his nose that used to be covered with a bandage.

-Too bad I can’t stay mad at you for too long or I would’ve seriously kicked you or something-

 

“Well there, you made me mad. Can I please go and cool down?” I said in a teasing-like tone. Even without saying it straight Zelo already knows that the only thing that can cool me down is a quiet walk alone. But with his newfound stubbornness, I rarely get those now.

 

“Ok.” He finally answered, but for some reason he was avoiding my gaze.

 

“O…Ok?” I was kinda surprised to be honest.

 

“Your phone is with you right?” He asked, eyes still glued to the floor.

 

“Yep.” I nodded and took the phone out of my pocket to show.

 

“Ok go. I’ll wait for you at the resort, don’t go too far.” He simply stated and turned to walk away.

 

“Thanks. I won’t take long.” I replied quietly, still a bit stunned that he actually agreed to let me go off alone.

-That…was weird-

 

I was off in my own little world inside my head that I didn’t even pay attention to where my feet were taking me.

 

“Where exactly am I?” I thought to myself as I finally regained my focus.

 

I was walking inside a park filled with big willow trees and a bunch of smaller cherry blossom trees, the whole place was silent and all you could hear was the swaying of the tree branches and the splash of the lake water as fishes swim by along with the sounds of crickets. It’s quite beautiful here considering that a place filled with trees at night is known to be creepy.

 

-I should come visit this place in the morning with Zelo.-

 

*Buzz Buzz*

 

Speaking of the bionic buddy he’s calling me right now, I kinda figured he would.

 

“Hello?”

 

“Zoe it’s been fifteen minutes already you still don’t wanna come back?” There it was again, that concerned voice of his that would make me obedient at once.

 

“*Sigh* alright, I’m coming back, but it’ll take me another fifteen minutes to reach the resort.” I my heel to go back.

 

“Alright I’ll wait for you outside don’t be late. See you~”

 

“See ya~”

-Why am I so obedient when it comes to him? I’m more stubborn with my dad! -

 

I was on my way back but I thought I’d at least get one sakura flower before I left. So I walked towards one big sakura tree and looked for the best flower.

 

“Found you!” I cheered as I found a very pretty flower. As soon as I took it off I saw a pair of white eyes hidden in the branches, which sent me tumbling backwards from surprise.

 

“Oh my oolf! I think I just saw a wolf!!” I placed my hand on top of my now beating-fast heart and tried to breathe and calm down.

 

“Pabo there are no wolves here! Plus you’re no beauty either. Aish! This is not neverland so stop fantasizing! Pabo pabo pabo!” I hit my head a couple of times to focus.

 

“So what the heck did I just see there?” I blinked a couple of times trying to recall what I just saw. I looked back to the same spot I saw those white globes. And just to add to my anxiety it was still there and staring directly at me.

 

-Something’s telling me I should run…Now!-

 

I stood up quickly and started running fast. Just to make sure I wasn’t being followed I dared myself to look back and check. The view was clear but I still needed to get out of here.

-I really have a bad feeling something’s about to happen-

 

*BAM*

 

I was sent tumbling backwards again with a sudden force. My vision got a bit blurry from the sudden concussion so I blinked a couple of times to adjust my senses to normal.

-I think I bumped into something…or someone-

 

As soon my senses went back to normal I saw a boy not too far from me sitting up slowly and rubbing his head.

-Was he the one I bumped into? -

 

I stood up slowly and went to help him.

 

“Are you ok? I’m sorry I bumped into you, it’s just I thought I saw—“

 

“Who are you?!” He said in a demanding tone.

 

“I think something’s wrong with your tone I just apolo—“

 

“What are you doing here?!” He cut me again with that demanding tone.

 

“Dude it’s an open park do you really need to ask—“ I tried to say calmly but I don’t think this guy even knows the meaning of manners, because yet again he cut me.

 

“It’s already late you better head back home.” He said in an –I order you- tone.

 

“I know, I was already on my—“ I started but this guy just doesn’t know conversation manners.

 

“Besides, a little girl like you shouldn’t be out at night like this. It’s dangerous.” He said mockingly.

-I should just kick your shins and leave with a victory smile!-

 

“Excuse me, but this little girl probably fought off ‘danger’ more than you have and the only dangerous thing here is your manner—LOOK OUT!” As I saw someone aiming an arrow at him I quickly grabbed him and pushed him down to the floor.

 

“Are you ok—“

 

“You’re one of them!” In a blink of an eye another boy with white eyes –who knows where he came from- was strangling me!

-What the heck!-

 

“I seriously…have got to stop getting into trouble.” I said as I tried to loosen his grip around my neck.

 

“Why did you attack him?” He growled as he tightened his grip and his eyes were almost glowing.

 

“Me!!” I tried to argue but I’m slowly losing the ability to breathe.

-I learned my lesson no more walking alone without Zelo. Zelo!! I need to call him for help!-

 

I tried to reach for my phone inside my pocket but it wasn’t there, just then I spotted it where I fell earlier.

-Great! What now?!-

 

The demanding boy who seemed like he was in a shock for a while finally stood up and spoke up.

 

“Jongup! Stop don’t hurt her! She saved me! Let her go now!” He said in a pleading tone rather than the demanding one he used earlier. He tried to help me by forcing the other guy to release his hold on me.

 

“What?” The guy with white eyes turned his attention to the other and glanced back at me. “But I saw her attack you.”

 

“Her arm is bleeding look! She pushed me to save me!” He started panicking.

 

The white-eyed dude looked at my arm and examined it still holding onto me tightly.

 

“Dude…pain…seriously…Oww” I tried to breathe and say.

 

“I’m sorry.” His eyes widened and he released me immediately.

 

“Hyung, take her somewhere safe. The attacker is still out here I’ll cover you.” The one who was strangling me said and looked all-alert searching the area for the one who attacked us earlier.

 

“But Jongup! It’s dangerous just come with us!” The older said in a bit too dramatic way.

 

“Youngjae hyung, I need to keep you safe! Just go~” The other said all too dramatically too. I tilted my head at how teary their eyes looked and at that dramatic expressions on their faces as they looked at each other sadly.

-If I weren’t seriously bleeding right now, I’d think I am in a drama shoot. Are they for real? O.o-

 

“Come after us fast you hear?” The one assisting me looked like he was trying to fight back his tears.

 

“I will hyung I will, now go! Be safe~” He pointed to the exit and wait, his eyes look blue o.o

 

“Am I imagining? I think I’m losing a lot of blood…” I said sounding like a hallucinating kid after a trip to the dentist.

 

“Oh no! We gotta go! Jongup?” He looked one last time at the younger, and they both nodded to each other.

 

“Let’s go miss, we gotta stop that before you lose more blood!” He helped me stand up and supported me while we were running.

-Well maybe he’s not such a jerk after all-

 

“Now I understand why you were being a manner less jerk in the beginning.” I spoke up first. He kept silent and just lowered his head. “Will your friend be ok?”

 

“He’s more like a brother to me.” He finally lifted up his head to look at me. “And yes, I’m sure he can defeat those attackers no problem. See, Jong is…kinda special~” He had this weird confident smile on that’s kinda mysterious in my opinion.

 

“Who’s trying to attack you anyway?” I let my curiosity slip.

 

“A bunch of evil dudes after…never mind, they’ll be beaten up pretty well after Jong up’s done with them” He smiled cheerfully, yet his eyes showed fear and concern.

 

“Wait!!” I stopped him and stopped running as well. “I left my phone at the park!!” I started panicking.

 

“Here you go; I grabbed it before we left. But you kinda seemed dazed to notice.” He handed me the phone and looked at me suspiciously.

 

“Why are you looking at me like that?” I slowly asked, totally weirded out by his stare.

 

“You’re not…” he started and leaned closer to me. “Falling for Jongup are you?”

 

The question was soo outrageous that I literally kicked him in the shins. “I’m not insane to fall for someone who almost stopped me from breathing! Plus…” I slowly poked my cheek and smiled. “I already have some I like.”

 

===========

Hi guys~~ Sorry sorry sorry for the long wait, but finally it's summer vacation! Yay~~ I get to update more now hehe ^^

Hope you enjoyed this chapter, Zoe's got some new friends XD