Real or Not?

Top Love

 

“Hyung, what are you watching?” Niel asked walking up to L.joe.

“Oh! It’s Lovely!” Chunji pointed out coming from behind Niel with CAP.

CAP crossed his arms and looked out at them. The 6 girls were currently on stage, dancing like no other girl group he had seen before, and singing their hearts out.

“Aren’t they pretty hyung?!” Ricky yelled joining the group with Changjo.

“Very talented.” CAP agreed. He watched them quietly, standing next to a silent L.Joe while the other four mumbled quietly about the girls and their talents.

They look different than the girls we met in the hallway two days ago.

CAP was curious as to how a group of girls who acted like nothing more than teenage girls, could look so strong and confident on stage. What was their secret?

L.Joe remained silent during the whole conversation. He was as caught up in thought as CAP. As he watched the six young girls on stage, it was hard for him to believe they were actually debuting. He had heard so much about these trainees and he wasn’t sure whether he was supposed to like them or not. He knew instinctively that Lovely was going to make a big impact. Already people were talking about how shocking it was to see a girl group that wasn’t completely into a cute-girl stereotype or an overly y one.

Still, the question was what was the REAL Lovely like?

 

*****

 

“Guess who we are standing with?” the host exclaimed with an overly exaggerated smile toward one of the several cameras that were pointed at her.

“We are with TOP Media’s very own Teen Top and brand new girl group, Lovely!” she giggled loudly.

From where Teen Top was standing they could see the faces Lovely was making in their attempt to be respectful of the host.

Mi Hi had a huge grin across her face, much bigger than was necessary for being respectful to the host. Jae Hwa was biting her lip looking at the group, her long hair covering her face. Eun Ae, as leader, stood next to the host and smiled slightly, although she would steal glances sideways and choke back laughter when she met eyes with the other members. Cho Hee was looking at the host without smiling, eyes widened in surprise, while Chung Ae and Ae Sook whispered to each other quietly.

 

Seeing the way the girls were reacting to the overly cute host was making the boys fight ridiculously wide smiles and quiet chuckles as well.

“We have to look good for TOP Media.” CAP whispered to Eun Ae.

“I know, but seriously, isn’t this too much?” she giggled.

The host was squinting her eyes and shaking her head trying to be cute. Mostly though, her face was scrunched up in a very painful looking manner.

CAP laughed quietly, quickly catching himself.

“Still, we have to remain professional.”

“Fine fine, watch and see.” Eun Ae smirked.

She turned and looked at Lovely. Whatever she had communicated to them worked, and soon they were all perfectly composed, just as the camera moved from the gushing host to them.

“Love, love love, we are, Lovely!” the girls said in unison, waving and smiling at the camera.

“We are Teen Top!” The six boys said following the girls.

“These two groups have gained quite a bit of attention over the past few months!” The male MC said into the microphone smiling warmly at both groups. “Last year, Teen Top debuted, and today, TOP Media has introduced the much anticipated girl group Lovely to the Korean market! How does it feel Lovely?”

“Amazing!” Eun Ae spoke up, taking the lead. She was always the best at leading them, hence the title leader. “We love music and we hope to share that with as much of the world as is willing to listen. Watch out for us, we’re here to change your hearts and make you fall in love!” She winked playfully, laughing cheerfully with the MCs.

“Well I’m glad to see you so enthusiastic! How about you Teen Top, what do you have to say about your sister group?”

Sister group? Teen Top thought to themselves.

“Um, we haven’t spent much time together yet, but we’re hoping that now that they have debuted we can work together well. Oppas are here to help.” CAP smiled.

“Such great relationships between groups!” The female MC squealed. “Well thank you and good luck! Fighting!”

Teen Top and Lovely bowed respectfully and stood quietly as the MCs introduced the next act to perform.

“Thanks guys that went well. Good luck in the future.” The male MC smiled before walking away.

“Lovely, don’t worry about how popular you are among fans. I’m sure you’ll gain more fans as you gain more skills. Good luck with them boys.” The female MC said before following her co-host.

“Jeez, did she just call us unskilled and unpopular?” Cho Hee asked quietly.

“I guess so.” Ae Sook sighed.

“So much for building a good reputation.” Chung Ae muttered shaking her head.

“Hey, why did she wish them luck with us?” Mi Hi asked, thinking more to herself than to anyone else.

“My question exactly.” Chunji replied from next to her.

Mi Hi flinched slightly. She had forgotten he was there.

“And what’s with the sister group stuff?” Changjo asked.

“Don’t ask us. This is the most we’ve seen of you since we joined the company. Honestly, I think its better we keep it that way. I can already tell we don’t see eye to eye.” Jae Hwa spoke up.

Somehow, she didn’t like where this was going.

Neither did Teen Top.