Page 7

TRAX [ One Shots ]

 

Title             : Truth or Dare

Characters   : Jay & Jungmo

Length         : 813 words

A/N             : Simple Plan's song "Crazy" gave me an inspiration to write this story. I wrote this while listening to the song ^^


 

Jay and Jungmo were eating steak together at a restaurant.

“Ah.. I always love eating steak in this restaurant. It’s really delicious.” Jay said as he was holding his stomach, feeling satisfied. He had finished his lunch.

“Yeah.. I love it too.” Jungmo agreed as he cleaned his lips from the sauce with tissue. He finished eating.

“Hey, Jungmo?”

“What?”

“Let’s play truth or dare.”

“I don’t want to play it. Whenever we played it, you would always get me fooled.” Jungmo rejected his friend’s game. He was recalling his bad experiences such as walking bare feet at mall, confessing his love to Seohyun in front of Girls Generation members, and dancing while walking on the sidewalk.

Jay chuckled. “Ah.. Come on, Jungmo...” He pleaded.

“No.” Jungmo replied before drank his juice.

“All right... Let’s make it different. I’ll make this game in positive way with no bully and no shame.”

“Really?”

Jay smiled and nodded. “Yes. I promise.”

“Okay.”

“That’s great. Let’s play now.”

The two bestfriends were getting ready with their hands. “Paper.. Scissor.. Rock.” They said in unison before showed their hands sign. Jay’s hand formed a rock while Jungmo was forming a paper.

“Yeah!” Jungmo said in pleasure way. “Jay, truth or dare?” He asked.

Jay sighed before he answered, “Truth.”

“Truth? Okay... If you want positive, so...” Jungmo thought for a moment, making a question. Then, he said, “Tell me your honest thought about society recently.”

Jay frowned. “Society?”

Jungmo replied with a nod.

“To be honest, there is something wrong with society, although not all society are like that.”

“Why did you think that way?”

“Everywhere, I look and I see many young girls dying to be on tv. They won’t stop till they’ve reached their dreams. They obsessed to look perfect such as diet pills or surgery, photoshoped pictures in magazines. It doesn’t really make sense to me. Why won’t they just accept The God’s giving. I believe God giving them all the best. To be honest, I like girls just the way they are, no making over their body. Personally, I’m more interested in girl who has inner beauty than her outside.”

Jungmo smirked. “Really?”

“Yeah.. Sometimes, woman’s beauty is fake. I have a dream to marry an ordinary girl. We will have two children. The first child is boy and the second is girl. We’ll make a happy family.” Jay smiled to himself as he imagined about it. He stared outside the window. Then, he said, “There is no more normal familes. Parents act like enemies, making kids feel like its world war three. I guess we’re all just too damn busy... Money is our first priority.”

Jungmo nodded and added, “I guess you’re talking about your own problems. But, I should agree with you. I can see rich guys driving their luxurious cars while kids are starving in the streets. No one cares... No one likes to share... I feel that life is unfair.”

Jay looked at Jungmo. “Yes. You can also see that there’s something wrong, right?” He sighed. “I think everybody is going crazy... Now is your turn, Jungmo. Truth or dare?”

“...Dare.”

Jay smiled. “Dare you giving one-fourth of your savings for charity?”

Jungmo widened his eyes. “What?”

“Do you mind? I don’t mind and I’ll do it too.” Jay took something out from his bag and handed it to Jungmo. It’s a daily newspaper.

Jungmo was reading an address written on it which had been drawn a red circle by Jay.

“What is this?”

“It’s a house of cancer. Many children with their cancer are staying there. The institute needs funding to take care of them. That’s why I want us to help them with our money. They really need it. You can take it as our savings for afterlife. Let’s make and share a goodness, Jungmo. It's like you said before. If no one likes to share, we’ll be the one who share.”

Jungmo seemed thinking Jay’s words. He sighed. “Okay. I dare to do it.”

“Awesome! You are really kind, Jungmo. My bestfriend ever..” Jay grinned widely. He looked at his watch. It was 1.46 pm. “The show will be beginning soon. We have to go, now. We’ll withdraw our savings tomorrow and give it to them. We have no schedule for tomorrow, so we can go freely.” He put on his jacket and looked at Jungmo. “Hey... What are you thinking? Why are you looking at me that way?”

“Nothing. I just wonder how could you have a thought to do a charity.” Jungmo answered.

“When I read the news about them, I just wanted to help them. I could feel their sadness. Cancer is the most scary thing, moreover they are still kids.. If I can help them to lessen their suffering.. why not?”

Jungmo smiled. “Yeah.. You’re right. Okay, we’ll help them. Let me tell you, I'm proud to have a friend like you, Jay.. Sometimes, you have an extraordinary kindness."

"Sometimes? I always be good man, you know." Jay said.

Jungmo chuckled. "Let's go."

Jay and Jungmo got up from their seat and payed the bill. Together, they walked out the restaurant to perform in one of Korea's tv stations.