Page 5

TRAX [ One Shots ]

 

Title           : Suicide

Characters  : Jay & Jungmo

Length        : 817 words


 

It was 10.23 pm when Jungmo was walking back to his apartment. This night looked so bright because of the moon light. So, he stopped for a while to see the the full moon on the sky. Then, something was attracted his attention. He looked a shadow standing in the edge of the roof top like he was going to commit suicide. He stared at the shadow in the dark with concern, he was a man who had a familiar figure.

"He look like someone..." He said as he continued to look at him. When his eyes caught the figure clearly, he widened his eyes. He was afraid to see this. "Jay? Oh My God! .....Jay!" Jungmo shouted out and run as fast as he could. He entered the apartment hall and turned to slip in the elevator before the door closed, then he pushed the button to reach the thirtieth floor. "Come on... " He said to the elevator. He could not believe Jay would do this crazy and stupid thing after the rumour they just heard and what the producer said to them.

The elevator door slid open, Jungmo rushed out and stepped in the staircase to shorten the time. He kept running up the stairs. He had still five floor again before he reached the roof top. But, he stopped for a while to manage his breath and rest his legs. "I have to get in there and stop him from jumping. Come on, Jungmo.. don't give up. His life is in your hand now." He told himself and took a deep breath. Then, he run again with all his strength.

 

Jungmo finally reached the top as he opened the door and rushed to grab Jay away from the edge. He pulled him down onto the floor, pinning him tightly. Jay was surprised at this sudden action and struggling from his friend's grip.

"Jungmo, what are you doing?! Get off me!" Jay said.

Jungmo kept holding Jay's body under him. "Never! Are you crazy? Suicide won't solve anything!"

"W-what? Suicide?" Jay stopped struggling. "Who said that I'll do suicide?"

"If you are not planning suicide, what are you doing in the edge of roof top?"

Jay smiled at his friend. "Hey Jungmo, you are overthinking. I won't commit suicide because of that problem.. Trust me.. I just need fresh air."

Jungmo loosened his grip, Jay pushed him aside, so he could sit up. "Don't you remember? I had bigger problem many years ago, when I had to undergo a throat surgery. The doctor said that I could not sing again and I felt like it was the end of my dream. But, I didn't give up. I believed in my heart that I could sing again.." His eyes looked up at the starry sky. "Now, I can sing again."

Jungmo sat quietly beside Jay. He looked at his friend as he listened carefully to Jay's speaking.

"Here, I'm just looking at the night scenery and thinking about us. I knew it, what the chairman and producer said were right. We are not a profit making band. Our songs can't be number one in all music charts. We are underrated. If they are really planning to disband us.. Just let it be.. I won't regret it.. I will never give up and do a suicide because of this matter."

"Jay...." Jungmo said his name.

"We still have each other and we could compose our good songs. We can make our new band, even though we’ll be under new name. It doesn’t matter. Believe in your heart that with or without SM, someday, we can shine brightly like those stars... So, keep your head up and you will be able to see the things you can see."

Jungmo stared at the sky. He understood what his leader said. He formed a small smile. "You are right, Jay. We still have a chance to shine outside there. Talking about the shining stars, I still remember my teenage time. I was hiding out in the school yard at night with my friends. We climbed the fence and rushed to the swimming pool that we called our sea. We jumped in and floated gently, looking up at the sky. We looked at the stars in front of us, and talked about heaps of dreams. Just like this night, we are looking at the sky and talking about our band future.."

Jay glanced at Jungmo and formed a smile before looked up at the sky again. "Do you know? I always love stars. They are so sparkling, each giving off its own light, like the people on this planet."

"I hope there will be a shooting star..." Jungmo said.

"That's why I'm here, looking for a shooting star to entrust my dream."

A few minutes later, the shooting star was coming. A beautiful shining star fell from the sky.

"Hey.. It's shooting star." Jungmo said as he pointed that shooting star.

"Let's make a wish." Jay and Jungmo closed their eyes, making their wishes.