Page 3

TRAX [ One Shots ]

 

Title            : Tears of Broken Boy

Characters   : Jay & Jungmo

Length         : 739 words


 

~ Jungmo POV ~

 

I was taking out my guitar from its bag and setting it in the waiting room while waiting my bandmate to come.  Yes, I was waiting Jay, because we had to perform in the music show in one of Korea TV station this night. Jay told me that he had another appointment so he would be late. I looked at my watch, it was 25 minutes before our performance. I looked at the door, but there was no sign of his coming, so I continued playing my guitar. To tell you, it’s my second best friend after Jay. Then Jay was stepping in the room a few minutes later.

"Hey Jay, did you finish with your bussiness?" I greeted him.

"Yeah... It's over..." He said with a fake smile. I could tell it because I knew Jay well, very well since we were living in the same apartment for many years. I could read his face like reading an open book.

"Are you okay?" I asked him.

Jay put his bag on the desk next to me, glancing at me. "Yes... I’m fine." He said and sat on the chair in front of the mirror while the hairstylist began doing in his hair. I looked at his reflection on the mirror. He was looking down, his eyes were so dull. It’s not his usual eyes that always sparkling.

'You lied.. You're not okay. You must be hiding something.' I said inwardly. I got up from my seat and took a bottle of water in my bag, walking closer to my band leader.

"Drink this, it will make you better.." I handed him the water.

Jay smiled. "Thanks." He took the bottle as I saw his hand, something was missing from his finger. He was not wearing his ring again. It's Jay and his fiancee's ring. I was eager to ask him more, but I decided to not asking this matter now. I thought I had already known about the real reason. His expression, his eyes, his missing ring was enough for me to guess what happened to him. In other hand, he acted so strange these days. He was more quiet and often lost in his own thought whenever I talked to him. When he said ‘It’s over.’ I thought he told me the truth that his relationship was really over.

After Jay finished dressing up, I put on my guitar over my shoulder. One of the television crew was telling us to get ready on the stage. Jay and I were walking together to the stage as I heard a loud screaming from our fans. I smiled widely to them because their voice were always making me happy and lively. I took a glance at Jay, he was smiling to our fans too, like nothing happened. Yes, he's Jay who could perfectly hide his emotions. As an entertainer, sure, we had to be professional, not to show that we were sad or sick. Although we were having a problem, we had to keep singing, smiling, and cheerful in front of viewers because that's our job to entertain them.

I began playing my guitar, Jay began singing with his wonderful voice. Now, we were performing our song 'Let You Go'. It's a sad song that made me worried about Jay. This song would made him more sad. I doubted that he could pretend to be happy with this sad song. I just hoped that he would be okay.

We got a half of the song, the audience became silence while their eyes stared at Jay in unusual way. Some of them were whispering to each other. I guessed they were talking about Jay. I felt it too, from Jay's changing voice. I took a glance at him. He was crying as the tears rolled down his cheek. I admitted that Jay always put his emotions whenever singing. But it's different this time. He was crying for real, his heart was broken. I had never seen him crying in front of public before, and now he did it. He wasn't the typical person who could easily cry and it made me feel worse to see him like that. I could understand what he felt and I would not blame him for this situation. He was only a man after all, who could not perform perfectly all the time. My best friend was sad, my bandmate was broken as he kept singing our song ....

 

 

The coldhearted man is crying
At our parting, even she’s crying
The time within tears cut apart
From the faded memory-window fragments
I’ll tie them together once again
To tie, to tie

You wouldn’t know, the tears of broken boy
The tired sighs circling around you, so you can’t stand it
I will send our tangled memories
That has been tightening around the throat venomously, to the saddened sky

 

TRAX - Coldhearted Man (Let You Go)