Page 2

TRAX [ One Shots ]

 

 

Title            : The Jungle Trip

Characters   : Jay & Jungmo

Length         : 1.616 words


 
 
"Jungmo, do you see Jay? I can't find him anywhere." Trax's manager asked.

"No. Maybe, he is in his room." Jungmo said while his fingers was busy playing his guitar. He was sitting on the bench in the park's inn where they were staying.

His manager nodded. "We will go back to Seoul at four, I want you two to prepare. You better tell him because I have something else to do before leaving."

"Arraseo.. I'll tell him..."

"Thanks.." His manager said and walked away.

Jungmo stopped playing his guitar, putting it on the chair besides him. He got up and stepped to his friend room.

Jungmo was opening Jay's room door and looking at every corner of his room, but he saw no one. The room was empty, only Jay's belongings set on his bed, some of it on the floor and it looked so messy.

"Jay, where are you? We have to go back to Seoul now.." Jungmo called his friend. "Jay?" He called again but there was no answer. He stepped into the room and walked to the bathroom if he was there. "Jay, are you here?" He knocked on the door, still no answer. He pushed the door open to find nothing.

"Ah Jay, where are you going?" Jungmo dug into his pocket to get his phone, then dialed Jay's number.

"The number you're calling is out of range. Please, try again later."

It's what Jungmo got from the service provider. He couldn't even called him from his phone. Then, he was startled at his own thought.

"He can't be..." He said before he rushed to get out of the room.

*

*

*

Jay was confused about his way. He didn't know the right way he should take to get back. Now, he was just standing alone in the deep forest without knew the directions.

"Where am I? I think I lost my way." He said as his eyes looked at his surrounding. He was trying to remember about the way out, but he had no clue. The giant trees, grass, and underbrush were all that he could see, moreover they all looked the same. There was no one here, except himself and some of the animals. He just hoped that no beast was living in this forest.

"What I should do now?" Jay said. He reached his phone to call someone but there was no signal.

"Great! No signal here." He muttered and put back his phone into his pocket. Then, he took another thing out. It was a silver pin with a guitar symbol carved on it.

"At least, I've found this. He won't be mad at me again." He sighed and took a long breath. "HEY..!! IS THERE ANYBODY HERE?!" He cried out as loud as he could. He waited for someone answer him, but nothing came.

"Jay, there is no one here..." He told himself, leaning his back on the tree. He was so tired after a long walking around this forest, just to find the way out. His stomach began rumbling.

"I haven't had lunch.. I'm so hungry.." Jay said as he hold his stomach. Then, he heard a sound from the underbrush besides him. He turned his head slightly and saw it moved by itself. "What is it?" His eyes were looking in alert.

 

(Three hours ago)

 

Jay and Jungmo were having a photo shoot for their new mini album in other province. The concept was nature, so they did it in the forest. It lasted for one hour before they finished the last shoot. Jungmo took a botle of water from his assistant and drank it.

"Hey Jungmo, where did you get this? It's cool." Jay asked as he took the pin in Jungmo's mini bag.

"I got it from my uncle before he died, he said it's a gift from his mentor in Canada. I'm so lucky to have it." Jungmo said.

Jay smiled at Jungmo. "May I borrow this for once? I think it suits my coat if I put it on."

"Yeah.. sure."

"Thanks..." Jay put it on his coat. He didn't notice that he didn't lock the pin well, so it could take off easily.

The group including Jay and Jungmo began leaving their photo shoot location and headed to their inn. When they were in the way to get back, the pin on Jay's coat was unlocked, falling to the ground without his knew it.

 

~~~

 

Jay was looking at his reflection in the mirror and he realized that something was missing. Yes, Jungmo's pin was missing. He was panic of sudden, looking for it in every corner of his room, but he couldn't find it. He walked out his room and looking down the corridor if the pin was there. Now, he had reach the inn entrance and the pin was still nowhere to be seen. 'How if Jungmo know that I lost his precious pin?' He thought.

"Jay what are you doing?" Jungmo greeted him.

"Ne?" Jay looked up and surprised to see Jungmo. He widened his eyes. He would not deny that he was afraid of Jungmo when he know what happened to his pin.

"Are you looking for something?" He asked.

"Uh.. I ... " Jay was thinking about how to answer. 'Shoud I tell him the truth? But, he will be mad if I do... I can't tell him now.' He thought. "I'm just looking for my... my money. I had it in my pocket, but now it's gone. So, I think I fell it somewhere." He answered.

"Just let it go, Jay... We will have a lunch, come on.. "

"You can go first.. I.. I have to go to the toilet .." he smiled.

"Okay.. " Jungmo said before he walked to the inn restaurant.

Jay looked at his friend leaving. When Jugnmo was out of his sight, Jay stepped out to the inn. 'I have to find the pin now before he know that I lost it. If I could not find it in the inn, it must be fallen in the forest. Yeah.. I'll just go to our last location and search for it.' He said in his mind while he was walking into the forest.

 

(Back to present)

 

Jay looked at the moving underbrush. He stepped backward slowly while the underbrush was moving faster. Jay widened his eyes when he saw a wild boar coming out and charging in his direction.

"Damn...." Jay cursed and run as fast as his leg could bring him. He looked back to see the wild boar still chased after him a few meters behind. Then he slipped his foot in the root of the tree, sending him falling to the hard ground with a loud thud.

"Aaaaargh..." He groaned in agony. He looked back again as the wild boar was getting closer. He tried to get up, but his ankle hurt so much. Jay could only sat up and closed his eyes, waiting for the wild boar attacked him. But, it never came. Jay slowly opened his eyes to see the wild boar had already collapsed on the ground with the short arrow stuck in the stomach. Jay glanced at the direction of the arrow and saw a tall man around his fourthy age walking to him along with his weapon in his hand.

"Are you okay?" The man asked.

"Yes, I'm fine. I just sprained my ankle. Thanks for helping me. Who are you ahjusshi?" Jay asked.

"I'm Lee Jihoon, a ranger. I did a patrol around here. What are you doing here?"

"To get my pin back..." Jay showed his pin.

"Just to get that thing, you are coming to this place?" The man shook his head in disbelief. "Come on boy, I'll take you back..." He bent down and put Jay's arm around his shoulders to support his weight, helping him to get up.

*

*

*

Jungmo was running down the hall to meet his manager and the others. "Jay is missing. I can't find him. Last time I saw him was when we were having lunch." Jungmo said.

"Yeah... I didn't see him too. Where is he going? Can you reach him?" His manager asked.

"I can't. What if something happen to him?"

"Don't think about that, maybe he just go somewhere.."

“We have to look for him..”

“All right, let’s ask people here if they knew where he is.” His manager said as he started to walked out the inn, followed by Jungmo and the others.

They stopped their feet when the car was stopped in front of the inn. The door was being opened. Jay got down from the car with the help of the man. When Jay could stand up stably, he put on his crutch and walked with it into the place where the others were waiting him.

“Jay!!” Jungmo called, running towards his friend. He was surprised and worried to see Jay using crutch, the bandages was wrapped around his right ankle. “Where did you go? What happened?”

“I’m sorry... I almost loose your precious thing..” Jay handed him his pin.

“What do you mean?” Jungmo took his pin from Jay’s hand.

“He went to the forest just to find that pin.” The man who saved Jay said.

“I lied to you.. I didn’t fall your pin in the forest on purpose, really.. So, when I realized that the pin was gone. I went to look for it..”

“But, your ankle..?”

“I accidentaly fell to the ground and Lee Ahjusshi helped me.” Jay said with a smile. “It’s okay. I’m all right.”

Jungmo could not say anything. He was speechless. Jay, his band leader was really his best friend. He still could not believe that he got injured just to find his pin. Yes, he was him, the man who always responsible for his actions.

“Thank you so much... “ It's all that Jungmo could say.