Help

Enjoy the Little Things

A friend of mine, *cough cough shineestarhannah* was "reminding" (more like spamming and yelling and stuff) me to update. Because I am a SUCH A GOOD FRIEND I present you a new chapter! Enjoy~ WHOSE READY FOR SHINee's COMEBACK?!! haha lol XD sorry that has nothing to do with this.. 


chapter three; 

                  help

» Ji Hae did her the same thing for school everyday. She woke up early, showered, dressed up, ate breakfast, drove to school with Sehun and went to school. That is her daily schedule everyday. However, today was different. Everything was normal in the morning, but when it came to P.E, things changed a little. 

Ms. Park is as strict as always. Today, however, the class had to run two miles. Everyone hates running, especially Ji Hae. She usually skips running because of her lungs, but today she didn't even have a note. She goes up to Ms. Park and tells her that she has lung cancer. 

"Bull! You got to be kidding me!" Ms. Park yells. 

"That was the worse excuse I have ever heard! You may be the new girl, I don't let things fly easily!" Ms. Park states. 

"Stop lying and go to the starting line!" Ms. Park yells. Ji Hae nods and jogs over to the starting line. 

*It couldn't be that bad right? Just 3 laps around the grass field. Let's just get over this* Ji Hae thinks optimistically. 

Ms. Park blows the whistle and everyone starts running. Some people sprint, like Teen Top and EXO. Ji Hae was running like the other for the first lap, however, one her second one, her lungs starts to kill her. Her speed slows down and she takes bigs breaths. Niel, on his last lap, overlaps Ji Hae, who is on her second lap, and looks at her worriedly. 

"Are you okay?" Niel asks. Ji Hae nods and smiles weakly. Niel continues to sprint on, leaving Ji Hae behind. Then, Ji Hae falls onto the ground. No one notices because Ji Hae was the very last runner and there was no one behind her. Niel noticeds that Ji Hae is gone. He looks for her and asks Teen Top while Sehun was sitting next to them in the shade. 

"Hey do you guys know where Ji Hae  went?" Niel asks. 

"Aw.. Do you miss your lover already?" Ricky teases. Niel ignores him.

"I overlapped her and she had a hard time breathing or something. She said she was fine and I went ahead of her and I never saw her after that." Niel says. 

*Is it because of her cancer?* Sehun thinks. 

*Nah.. It's probably not.* Sehun thinks. Sehun gets a bad feeling about Ji Hae. 

*I mean we could just check right? I mean if she isn't there then it doesn't matter* Sehun thinks and get up and looks around for Ji Hae. He sees a figure on the ground and sprints towards it. 

*God. Don't let that be her.* Sehun panics. He bends down and shakes her. Ji Hae doesn't get up. 

"" he curses.

"Ji Hae get up." He says. 

"Oh god." He says and puts her on his back. He sprints to the nurse's office. EXO, Teen Top, and all the others look at Sehun and Ji Hae.

"They are in some kind of relation." L. Joe whispers. Niel glares at Sehun. His eyes are on fire. 

*I'm suppose to save her!* Niel thinks. 

"I was right. Sehun is hiding something from us. Something about Ji Hae." Luhan says as he looks at Sehun sprinting. 

 

Image

Sehun arrives at the nurse's office. 

"What's happened?!" The nurse asks in surprise. 

"She fainted. She has lung cancer and we ran two miles today and she couldn't handle it." Sehun quickly says. The nurse nods and checks her pulse. The nurse calls Sehun's mom and she comes right away. 

"How is Ji Hae?!" Mrs. Oh panics.

"She is fine. Next time, make sure you send her with a note stating that she can't run. I think it's best if she goes home." The nurse says. 

"Oh thank god." Mrs. Oh says in relief. 

"Sehun, did you help her?" Mrs. Oh asks. Sehun nods. 

"Oh thank you! Your grandparents would have killed me if she was hurt!" Mrs. Oh says. Realizing what she had just said she gasps. 

"Why would grandma and grandpa be mad?!" Sehun asks, trying his best to stay calm. 

"I knew this would happen. I'll tell you everything when you get home." Mrs. Oh says and the driver picks up Ji Hae and they all go to the car except Sehun. Sehun was thinking about Ji Hae the whole day. He was curious why his grandparents would be mad. He didn't pay attention in school at all. EXO would tease Sehun and he didn't even notice. 

"Hey Sehun! You're is HUGE!" Baekhyun says. 

"Oh.. Okay. Yea. Yea." Sehun replies.

EXO try their best to hold their laughter. 

"You and Ji Hae would make a great couple!" Chanyeol teased. 

"Yea. Yea. Whatever." Sehun replied again. 

"Krystal is the most ugliest person in the world!" Luhan said, wondering what Sehun's reaction would be. 
 

"Yea. Yea. Wait what?" Sehun asked. 

"Sorry I didn't catch that." Sehun said.

"I asked why aren't you paying attention to class." Luhan asked relieved. Tao bursted out laughing. 

"What's so funny?" Sehun asks.

"Um.. There was a spider on top of Mr. Kim's head!" Tao says nervously. 

"Really?" Sehun asks. Tao just nods. The others glare at Tao. 

 

Image

Finally the bell rings.

"Sorry! I'm kind of busy today! Sorry hyungs!" Sehun says quickly and sprints off to the car. He barges through the door and goes to his mom's room. 

"You're here!" She says. 

"How's Ji Hae doing?" Sehun asks worriedly. 

*wait. Why did I just ask that?!* Sehun wonders. 

"She's good. She's taking a nap right now. Doctor says she is going to be weak tomorrow because of running too much. When she woke up, she couldn't even walk. Poor thing. Thank god you took her to the nurse!" Mrs. Oh says. 

"So, why would grandma and grandpa be mad if Ji Hae was hurt?" Sehun asks. 

"Oh. Well, take a seat. This is going take a while to explain." Mrs. Oh says and she and Sehun sit down. 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 

N/A 

credit: angela_styles