Moving In

Enjoy the Little Things

 

chapter one; 
                  moving in

Image

» Ji Hae packed up her little old suitcase that probably her mom picked up from a garage sale. When Ji Hae was done packing her mom gave her a long hug.

“Be good okay?” Her mom told her, hiding the tears in her eyes. Ji Hae nodded. Ji Hae and her mom went outside and met a black van waiting for her. Ji Hae hugged her mom for one last time and looked at the torn-down apartment. Tears gathered in her eyes.

*No. I am NOT going to cry.* Ji Hae reminded herself. She remembered when she promised her mom that she would make her mom feel like queen of the world, buying her a HUGE mansion with a huge garden and a handful of maids. The thought that Ji Hae had cancer, made her dreams crushed. The driver came out of the van and bowed to Ji Hae’s mom and Ji Hae.

“Take good of my daughter sir!” Ji Hae’s mom said. The driver nodded and gave her a small smile. He led Ji Hae to the car. Ji Hae’s mom waved to Ji Hae as the van disappeared.

“Lord, will my daughter be okay? Is this the right choice? Will I regret my decision? But most importantly, will my daughter be happy?” Ji Hae’s mom asked the sky. A slight breeze of wind blew and whispered, “Yes”

Image

The van stopped in front of a black gate that led to a beautiful mansion. Ji Hae’s eyes seemed as if they were to pop out of her head. She never has ever seen a house so pretty and big. The van comes to a stop and the driver gets Ji Hae’s luggage out. Ji Hae slowly gets out of the van. The house looked as if it came out of a fairy tale book. The driver led Ji Hae into the house. Couple of maids greeted her and all bowed. Ji Hae bowed back. There was a beautiful woman in her mid forties smiling brightly when she saw Ji Hae. She ran up to Ji Hae and gave her a welcoming hug.

“You must be Min Jung’s daughter right?” the woman asked. Ji Hae just nodded.

“You can call me Mrs. Oh~! I am so happy you are here~! I got your room specialized just for you!” Mrs. Oh exclaimed happily. Ji Hae bowed and slightly said “Thank you.” Mrs. Oh and the maids led Ji Hae to her room. One of the maids slowly opened the door. They revealed her room to her. It was like a princess’s bedroom. It was the size of her apartment. There was white big desk with a big bed next to it. On the other side there was a huge book case and next to it was a makeup desk where makeup utensils were.

“How is it? Do you not like it? I always wanted a daughter, but I have a son. He’s too quiet. He is the one year older than you, but you guys are in the same grade~! You’ll probably see him around.” Mrs. Oh said.

“I love it. Everything is perfect about this room.” Ji Hae said with a small satisfied smile.

“GREAT~! Now, this is one of my most favorite rooms in this house!”Mrs. Oh said and opened the door. It was a closest, but not an ordinary closest. It was the size of a living room and had clothes and dresses on the sides. In the middle, there was a huge stand with jewelry and accessories. There was a shoe case on the opposite side of the door.

“Is this all for me?” Ji Hae asked.

“Yes~! Isn’t it pretty? I chose all the clothes with the help of some maids.” Ji Hae nodded her head.

“Oh! Look at me! I’m late for my meeting! Sorry honey, I have to go. I will see you tomorrow! Oh yea! The driver will drive you to your new school tomorrow, the uniforms is in the restrooms. Dinner will be prepared for you. Go roam around the house, but don’t get lost~.” Mrs. Oh said and left with the maids. Ji Hae felt guilty. She was now living in luxury, but her mom was suffering with her job and the bad home. Ji Hae decided to go around for a tour around the mansion. She found a library, an attic, more rooms, and more restrooms. Outside, there was a huge garden and a swimming pool with a jacuzzis.  

She found a maid, motioning her to come to dinner. Ji Hae followed the maid. There was a boy already sitting, eating his dinner silently. Ji Hae sat down and the boy didn’t even look up. The cooks served Ji Hae porridge, no surprise, her mom requested to Mrs. Oh to only give Ji Hae porridge. While eating her porridge, the boy just stood up, wiped his mouth and left. Ji Hae looked up confused and continued eating her porridge. However, while Ji Hae was eating her porridge the boy was carefully observing her. He made a discussed face and shook his head and went upstairs. *Stupid girl. Who does she think she is to come into my house? She’s just a poor girl with cancer* The boy scoffed and proudly went upstairs.  

 

Image

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES

Hey guys~ First chapter up~! How was it? Comment below on how you thought it was~ Comments are loved~ 

credit: angela_styles