First Day of School

Enjoy the Little Things

chapter two; 

                  first day of school

Image

»Ji Hae automatically wakes up at 5:00 AM in the morning. She takes a long shower and wears her uniform. She finds the skirt very uncomfortable, it was too short for her. The uniform was fashionable than any uniform she had ever worn and probably the most expensive uniform. Ji Hae was trying to pull down her skirt as the lowest it can go. Then, she dusts the dust off her shirt and skips downstairs. The cooks were busily making breakfast. Ji Hae observes them for a while and decides to go start a conversation with them.

"Good Morning~!" Ji Hae says with a warming smile on her face.

"Good Morning Miss." The cooks say in unison.

"No need to call me Miss! Please call me Ji Hae!" Ji Hae says.

"Yes Miss.. I mean Ji Hae." The cooks say.

"May I ask you a question?" One of the cooks ask.

"Yes you may." Ji Hae says.

"Why are you up so early?" The cook asks.

"Well, I usually wake up very early in the morning. What time does school start?" Ji Hae asks.

"It starts in about 30 minutes." The cook answers. Ji Hae nods her head. The cooks finish making the breakfast and the maids go call up Sehun and he comes down slowly. Ji Hae was already beginning to eat her breakfast. Sehun rolles his eyes at her and sits down and eats his breakfast too.

"Good Morning~!" Ji Hae says. Sehun just looks up and ignores her.

*well, I guess someone is rude!* Ji Hae thinks. 

They eat silently for the rest of the breakfast and finally Ji Hae finishes first. She stands up and gets her backpack and goes outside the house to wait for the car. The maids bow to her as she leaves. Ji Hae waits in the cold in her skirt. Sehun comes out too and waits for the car too. He rubs his hands together and glances over to Ji Hae. She is admiring the white roses. She felt the petal carefully. Ji Hae smiled at the rose. Sehun smiled ever so slightly and caught himself smiling.

*what are you doing Oh Sehun?! Smiling?! You have to wait for her!* Sehun thinks and automatically his smile fades away. The car comes and Sehun goes to the backseat and Ji Hae follows. The car speeds away to their school. They finally arrive at the school and Sehun gets off first and Ji Hae slowly follows behind.

"Do you know..." Ji Hae starts to ask.

"Don't act like you know me in school. Don't talk to me at school. No wait. Don't talk to me at home either. Don't talk to me at all." Sehun says coldly and walks off. 

Ji Hae was disappointed. She just wanted to know where the office was. As she was roaming around a boy ran into her. They both fell and his books went flying in the air.

"Are you okay?" Ji Hae asks. The boy just simply just nods. Ji Hae offers him a hand and together they pick up the books.

"T-thanks.." The boy whispers and starts to walk away.

"Oh wait!" Ji Hae calls out. The boy stops and turns around.

"Do you know where the office is?" Ji Hae asks.

"Follow me." The boy says and starts to walk off.

Ji Hae follows like a lost puppy. They finally arrive at a huge office. It was busy. Students at all the counters. The boy goes up to a woman and gives her his books.

"Thank you Niel~! Who is that?" The woman asks.

"I'm the new transfer student." Ji Hae answers.

"Oh! You're Ji Hae! Nice meeting you!" The woman says. The woman gives her lock number and code, her schedule, and her P.E clothes.

"Niel! Why don't you lead Ji Hae to her locker and her first class!" The lady suggests. 

Niel nods and leads Ji Hae to the lockers. Ji Hae puts all her things in there and follows Niel to her first class.

"Thanks Niel~!" Ji Hae says with a big smile. Niel smiles secretly and runs off.

 

Image

"Dude! There are rumors that you came with a girl today to school! Is that true?" Chanyeol asks. All the EXO members all look at Sehun in interest, especially Luhan.

"Yea." Sehun says with no interest. All the members' eyes widen.

"WHAT?! Where is she?! Introduce her to us!" Baekhyun demands.

"She's just staying at my house for a while. Her mom and my mom are friends and her mom had some troubles and she's at our house." Sehun says.

"Is she pretty?" Chen asks.

"Dude! Why are you asking him those kinds of questions?! Obviously it is a no! Even if she is beautiful he would say no because of someone." Lay says.

"Guys, bell's going to ring. Let's go." Kris says. EXO all gets up and exit their lounge.

 

Image

"Niel! Did you listen to anything I said?" CAP asks.

"What is it like to fall in love?" Niel asks. All the members stops everything they were doing.

"What did you just ask?!" L.Joe asks, checking if he heard right.

"Is our Niel falling in love?" Ricky asks teasingly.

"Who is that special girl?" Chunji asks curiously.

"A girl named Ji Hae." Niel replies and daydreams about their first meet.

The members shake their heads.

"Show her to us at passing break or something." Changjo says.

 

Image

"Class, we have a new student." Mr. Kim says. EXO except Sehun looks up in interest. Luhan looks at Sehun. He didn't even look up.

*So, this is the girl* Luhan thinks.

Ji Hae comes in and all the boys started drooling.

"Man, she's hot!" Kai says. Girls admire her for her beauty. Some girls just get jealous.

"Hi. My name is Kang Ji Hae. Nice to meet you. I hope we become good friends." Ji Hae says.

"Thank you Ji Hae. Please sit next to Min Ji." the teacher says. A girl named Min Ji raises her hand.

"Man, two hot girls siting next to each other! Jackpot!" Kai says. D.O slaps Kai's head.

"Ow! That hurts!" Kai says while rubbing his head.

"That's why I hit you! You just don't say 'Those girls are hot! Jackpot!' out loud! You keep those thoughts in your head!" D.O scolds.

The teacher stared his boring lecture.

Quietly, Min Ji and Ji Hae passed notes to each other. They were talking about classes and guys. They became friends less than a second.


Hey. I heard you were came in the same car as Oh Sehun! What kind of relationship are you guys in?!

We aren't even friends. Our moms just know each other.

You're moms?! Sehun's mom is the most famous fashion designer in Korea! She is also the richest fashion designer.

Oh really? I didn't know that...

Then, the bell rings and Ji Hae and Min Ji go to the changing rooms. They change to their P.E uniforms and come out. The teacher, Ms. Park, is waiting for everyone. Ms. Park is a buff woman and she has a face that says, "I show no mercy!".

"Okay everyone! Today we will work on push-ups and sit-ups! I will assign your partners to you!" Ms. Park barks. Everyone nods.

"Okay! First off! Min Ji and Jong In!" Ms. Park yells. She yells more names until, Ji Hae, Niel, and Sehun were left.

"Well, I guess you three have to work together." Ms. Park says.

"START NOW!" Ms. Park screams. Everyone gathers together and start working. Niel and Sehun are glaring at each other as if they could make a hole in each other's head. Ji Hae feels this tension and breaks it up.

"Um.. Let's get started! How about both of you guys do push-ups?" Ji Hae suggests. They both get in a plank position. Both of them were great at it.

"One! Two! Three!..... Twenty Five.... Forty-Four... Guys I think you can stop now!" Ji Hae yells out. 

They continuously keep doing push-ups until they get up to 60. They both fall on the ground, panting hard with sweat dripping like rain. The teacher blows the whistle, so Ji Hae didn't even have a chance to do her push-ups OR sit-ups. She goes back to the room to change. Min Ji is already dressing up.

"I heard you got paired with Sehun and Niel." Min Ji says.

"Yea.. They aren't the best partners in the world.." Ji Hae says with sarcasm.

"Yea. Teen Top and EXO aren't really close to each other. They always compete each other." Min Ji explains.

"I could tell.." Ji Hae says with a sigh.

"I have to be partners with them for the rest of the year?" Ji Hae asks.

"Yup... Poor you.. I thought my partner was bad, but yours are worse!" Min Ji says.

"Who is your partner?" Ji Hae asks.

"The 'oh so great Kai' also known as Jong In." Min Ji says with a sigh.

"Oh yea.. It's okay.." Ji Hae says comforting her.

 

Image

"Dude, that girl you like is HOT!" Chunji says.

"You picked a good one." Ricky adds.

"But, I saw a little competition going on." L. Joe says.

"Who?" Chanjo asks.

"That Oh Sehun dude. Why does EXO always have to into our life?!" L.  Joe says.

Niel just nods and daydreams about Ji Hae.

 

Image

The bell rang, dismissing all the students. Ji Hae was looking for Sehun. She couldn't find him, so she just went outside. He wasn't there either. Then, the car came rolling towards Ji Hae.

"Where's Sehun?" Ji Hae asks.

"I always have to get him, he is always with his friends on the second floor, Room D." the driver murmurs.

"Oh. I'll get him!" Ji Hae says. She goes back into the school and goes upstairs.

*Did he say room D or B?* Ji Hae questions herself.

*I'll just go to Room B first, because it's closer. Ji Hae find Room B and knocks. No one answers. Ji Hae hears loud talking and laughing.

*This room must be it* Ji Hae thinks and slowly opens the door. The boys stop laughing and look at Ji Hae.

"Hey Niel! It's your girlfriend!" C.A.P yells. Niel turns looks at Ji Hae and smiles. The others try to hold their laughter.

"Oh! Sorry to interrupt! I entered the wrong room! Sorry!" Ji Hae apologizes and runs out the door.

"What?! She didn't come for you?" Chunji questions.

"There's only two groups up here right now and that's us and EXO..." L.Joe says.

"What's her relationship with EXO?!" Ricky asks.

"I don't know.." Niel says with disappointment.

 

Image

Ji Hae finally finds Room D and enters. She sees a bunch of boys laughing loudly. They don't notice Ji Hae and continue talking. She saw no sign of Sehun.

"Um. Excuse me!" Ji Hae yells softly.

Suho hears her and turns around.

"What are you doing here?" Suho asks with a little bit of rudeness.

"Um. I'm trying to find Sehun. The car is waiting for him.." Ji Hae whispers.

"Oh! You must be Ji Hae! The new girl! Sehun just went to the restroom!" Suho says in a more welcoming tone.

"Oh okay. When he comes out can you tell him to come to the car?" Ji Hae asks.

"No no! Just wait here with us!" Suho says motioning her to sit down.

"We have lots of questions to ask you!" Suho says.

"Um. But.." Ji Hae starts. It was too late. Chanyeol was leading her to a seat.

"So, what kind of relationship are you guys in?!" Tao asks.

"Um. Our moms are friends." Ji Hae says shyly.

"No. No. Not that kind of relation! Like have you guys kissed? Or what?" Chen asks.

"Huh? We never done any of those things." Ji Hae answers with a blush. Luhan observes Ji Hae as she speaks.

* There must be a reason why they are living together. A reason Sehun is too stubborn to tell us.*

"Do you guys like each other? What do you think of him?" Luhan asks bluntly. Ji Hae gets surprised at Luhan's question. At that time Sehun enters the door.

"What is she doing in here?" Sehun asks with coldness in his voice.

"The car is here." Ji Hae answers.

"Did I ask you?! What did I say?! Never talk to me! God damn it! Get out now!" Sehun demands. Ji Hae literally sprints out the door.

"Never. I say. Never let her in here again hyungs. Bye. I'm leaving." Sehun says and slams the door behind him.

"Obviously, they aren't going out." Kai says.

"Sehun is hiding something from us about that girl. I just don't know what it is!" Luhan says in frustration while messing up his hair.

"Don't worry. He'll tell us sooner or later." Kris says. The rest all agree.

"You know what would add fuel to this fire?" Baekhyun asks.

"What?" The members asks.

"Krystal." Baekhyun says with disgust and all the members agree.


 

Image

 

 

 AUTHOR'S NOTES 
N/A

credit: angela_styles