Old friend (23)

KyuWook 30 Prompt Challenge

 

 

The street was almost empty. Only a few people were standing at the crossroad where the 24/7 shop was open. He was one of them a few minutes ago, as he bought a pack of cigarettes and a few cans of beer. Kyuhyun was passing one of many streets, going to his apartment when he noticed that someone was following him. A thief? Probably, yet Kyuhyun wasn’t so scared. He knew he only have a few bucks with him and he will give everything to the thief. But he will not be so reckless. Even little of the money was a lot for him. It’s not like he is rich to begin with. As he crossed the street, he stopped walking and hid in the shadow of the road. He held his breath when the man who was following him passed him and enter one of the many tenement houses. He wasn’t following me? Kyuhyun thought as he looked at the closed door that the man disappeared behind. Then, suddenly behind him, he felt a puff of air on his neck. It made the hair on his back to raise from surprise.

“You looked at the wrong man.” The person behind him said. Kyuhyun could feel a sharp end of the knife poking his back. He was terrified.

“I don’t have money.” Kyuhyun stuttered from fear. Even if he was ready to be robbed, it didn’t change the fact that it was a scary thing.

“I don’t need your money.” The man whispered and made Kyuhyun to turn around. He was much shorter than him and looked smaller. Yet his eyes, red and wicked looking, gave him a creepy aura.

“Then what you need?” Kyuhyun stuttered, seeing the eery smile on the other’s man's lips.

“I want your blood.” The man said and before Kyuhyun could say anything, the man jumped at him and sink his teeth in his neck. Kyuhyun felt a small acute pain then his world blurred and he fell on the ground. The man kneeled above him and started to drink his blood. Kyuhyun weakened minute after minute. His vision get white, then gray, only go get darker as time passed. His body was limp under the other man. If his attacker wasn’t holding him, Kyuhyun would fall on the floor immediately. Despite the small body, his abuser, was strong. “Do you want to live?” He man asked after minute of drinking Kyuhyun’s blood. Kyuhyun barely opened his eyes. The man above him was smiling at him so sickly happily. His eyes were shining from the delight of an insane man. His teeth were covered in Kyuhyun’s blood that was dripping, running down his chin. Kyuhyun could feel his own blood on the face.

 That crazy picture above him, and that surreal question took Kyuhyun aback for a second. He didn’t expect that question. He knew that even if he answer that he wants to live, the man will kill him. Yet, if he says, that he wants to live, he really wants to? His life was dull and nothing worthy. Day after day looked the same. Kyuhyun was waiting for the day when he will discover that he have some deadly sickness and dies, because he was so weak to even kill himself.

“Just kill me, you will do it anyway.” Kyuhyun said, with the last brave act. He looked straight at the man above him. He saw that his answer took the other aback a little bit.

“If you say so. Just remember my name. The name of the man who did that to you.” The man whispered near Kyuhyun’s ear. His teeth graved the wound on Kyuhyun’s neck. “Ryeowook.” The man breathed and instead of attacking Kyuhyun’s neck again, he suddenly moved his hand towards Kyuhyun’s mouth. He cut his palm with one of his sharp and long nails. It drew blood out. Few of the man’s blood drops fell on Kyuhyun’s lips. He tastes them and immediately screamed from the pain. Something sharp and painful was tugging the inside of Kyuhyun’s body.  He couldn’t breathe. He started to convulse. Then, Kyuhyun stopped moving as well as breathing. He was dead. His body went limp under his killer’s body. His eyes started to get foggy, as if soul was leaving his body. The man above drew few more droplets of blood that fell into Kyuhyun’s mouth. It was like air from the lungs. Kyuhyun breathed sharply, coming back from death. His chest rose and he opened his eyes only to discover that the other man was nowhere to be seen. He looked around himself as well as trying to breath steady. He was confused about what just happen.

He didn’t notice the black shadow on the tenement house above him. The shadow of the man who attacked him. The man looked intensively at Kyuhyun who was now sitting on the ground and was searching for him.

“I hope next time we met, you will greet me like an old friend not like the man who cursed you.” The man wished. “I hope I brought you a sense of life, not sense of resentment.” He added and turned his back. “My child, I hope you will not suffer as I am.” He whispered and stepped into the darkness of the night, vanishing in nightfall.