Swords and daggers.(10)

KyuWook 30 Prompt Challenge

WARNING! CHARACTER DEATH!

Please tell me what you think about this fic. I work 2 months for it!! I need some words from you ^^

If you want: Watch this vid before reading. The Fic is based on this vid: [Gackt- Returner]

And to feel the fic more listen to Rurutia: [playlist link]

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

 

 

Returner

aka

Swords and daggers

 

 

 

„As the moon was being held closely by the sky, 
I became frightened by loneliness,…”

 

They tore his armor apart. Stripped him from his clothes and pride. They forced him to wear clothes, that a peasant wears, despite his high rank. They crushed his dignity, as they took him before the King of the enemy’s country. In addition to this, they made him kneel before him like the mere prisoner that he became. As he was nothing, no one anymore.

“Capitan Kim Ryeowook, as I suppose?” The king said with a disgusted scoff. All royals, soldiers and some servants from the main palace stood there, next to the king and the captain, from the other country.

Ryeowook glared at the king and was quickly slapped in the head, by one of the soldiers because of this.

“Still stubborn, even if you know that all you have is dead or being in slavery.” The king said mockingly, but Kim Ryeowook didn’t say a word to this. “You must feel miserable knowing that all your soldiers are dead or in prison? I think this idiot king Miyosoo will not be pleased, when he hears that his soldiers are like that and not to mention, the best captain, was captured. He was so stupid trying to attack me.”

“Shut up!” Ryeowook yelled, receiving a hard slap in the face.

“Still full of pride. I think it will be better to make you become a slave than to kill you with the rest of your company. I would love to see you suffering. ” The king laughed after this and he did what he said.

 

 

A few days passed. They tortured him. Ryeowook was beat almost to unconsciousness, because of his stubbornness. They used a sharp whip to make him feel more pain, to make his skin cut, as blood showed, marking his entire back red. Yet, no matter how much, or how painful his torture was, Kim Ryeowook, never whimpered.

He is the man full of pride and nothing will crush it, even if he became a slave.

After the beating they took him once again to stand before the king, but because of his condition, he fell on the ground. He drowsily looked up, showing no respect doing this, and slightly widened his blurry eyes to see a man standing next to the king.

The man looked at him with an authority and a mocking face. He was young, tall and handsome. He was wearing a silk tunic with royal embalmment. He was standing next to the king, so Ryeowook assumed that this man was a prince. When their eyes met for a second, the prince smirked at him. Ryeowook frowned at this then closed his eyes, when a pain went through his head, as one of the soldiers hit his head.

“He was the captain? He looks like a weak peasant.” The prince said sarcastically. “I bet he can’t even use a knife, let alone kill someone.” As soon as the prince voiced this, Ryeowook was next to him, with a knife poking his throat. No one knew how, or when Ryeowook got the knife from the soldier that was standing next to him, or how he got this quickly to the crown prince.

“Spit these words, or you will see how I slash your throat.” Ryeowook voiced from his clenched teeth. His eyes sharp and murderous. Everyone around them felt the dark aura around him, but the prince just smirked, making Ryeowook feel taken aback, yet he didn’t show it.

“Then do it.” The prince said calmly. Everyone around them gasped. The prince grinned wider, eyes challenging. Ryeowook’s hands moved an inch, making the knife cut a little of the prince’s neck. Immediately, some soldiers rushed and grabbed Ryeowook away from Kyuhyun. As soon as the captain was on the dirty ground, the soldiers started to beat him.

“Wait!” The prince suddenly said. His hand on his neck, pressing a handkerchief to his small wound. Immediately, the soldiers stopped and looked at the prince. Ryeowook did the same from the laying position on the ground. “Don’t kill him. He has guts.” The prince said with a smirk.

“Son! He almost killed you.” The king said angrily.

“He just scratched my neck, nothing more.”

“Are you sure?” One of the ministers said in disbelief.

“Yes I’m sure.”

“As you wish.” The king said and the soldiers backed away from Ryeowook.

“And…” Kyuhyun started. A mischievous glint showed in his eyes.

”He will be my slave.” Ryeowook’s eyes widened when the prince said that. He couldn’t believe it.

“You can’t be serious!” The king fumed.

“I am.” The prince said calmly. His eyes locked with Ryeowook’s.

“Kim Ryeowook, meet your new master, prince of this nation, Cho Kyuhyun.” The minister said and prince Kyuhyun grinned, when he saw the horror in Ryeowook’s eyes.

 

 

Days passed. From the day prince Kyuhyun took Ryeowook as his slave, no one tortured him anymore. They gave him a small, dirty room, made a bath for him to wash up and new clothes to wear. Yet the prince didn’t call for him all that time. He wasn’t in the prison, but the new room was just like one. He was lonely; without his friends, family. Without anyone.

Even the strongest sometimes feels loneliness.

Ryeowook stood next to the basin with water and pulled his sleeves up. A still red, burning imprint on his arm was stinging, making him remember the day he got it. The day the prince took him as his slave, was the day Ryeowook’s skin was marked.

He ran his fingers on the stigma, that looked like an emblem of Cho’s kingdom, then quickly covered it, when someone knocked onto his door.

“Prince Kyuhyun orders you to go to him.” A maid said, when he told her to come in.

“I will be there in a moment.” He said then the maid went out.

He stood up for a minute in complete silence. He fisted his hands, turning his fingers almost white. His body tensed up. He never thought he will be a slave. He was a general a few weeks ago, but now, he is lower than a peasant. He wouldn’t be that angry, if it was his king, his prince, his kingdom, but he became a slave in the enemy’s country.

He needed to serve them, even if he would rather kill them.

He turned around and went to the prince.

 

Ryeowook found him in the main garden and was a little surprised to see the prince in training clothes.

“You are finally here, slave.” The prince said, as he faced Ryeowook, who looked at him straight in the face, without authority. He saw that, on the opposite part of the garden, a few men were standing and some training wooden mannequins.

“It’s not like I had any other choice.” Ryeowook spit back. Kyuhyun’s eyes narrowed in anger.

“Slave, you forgot who you are.” The prince stood up next to Ryeowook with an angry face.

“I’m not a slave, my name is Kim Ryeowook.” Ryeowook corrected the prince and looked into the latter’s eyes. He showed no fear. And despite the fact, that he is the slave, he will never admit it. He was a general and he will always be.

“Ryeowook? You are not a general anymore, you are a slave, my slave.” Kyuhyun was now an inch from Ryeowook. Their eyes were sending murderous treats. Their breaths were shallow, as if just a small pull and they would snap and attack each other.

“Go on, think like that, but be careful, I may slash your throat in your sleep anytime. You’ve let the enemy in, little prince.” Ryeowook scoffed, then took a sword that Kyuhyun threw at him.

“Slash my throat? You don’t know how to hold a sword.” Kyuhyun laughed then went deadly serious, when Ryeowook’s sword touched his own. They stood opposite each other. Their faces focused, bodies ready to attack.

“I perfectly know, because I could kill thousands of men.”

“Then show me the swordsmanship that made you kill so many, slave.” Kyuhyun challenged, making Ryeowook charge at him with a really quick speed. Swords touched, creating an unpleasant metal noise, as they ducked, charged and swung their swords, trying to wound the other. Surprisingly, none of them could touch the other’s body with their sharp sword. As they were equally good, but everyone who watched the scene, could tell that Ryeowook was much better. Then why didn’t he win? He wasn’t stopping himself. So what blocked him?

Sweat showed on their foreheads, eyes searched for a weak point, as they tried to cut the other. Their expression showed rage, hate, that they never felt for anyone.

Time passed, as they tried not to show the latter how tired he was. Hands were a little shaky, as they held their swords. Arms muscles were tired and they ached a little. Yet none of them wanted to stop. Hate and want to wound the other, was much stronger than their tiredness.

They fought with their swords like that, when something happen. Kyuhyun stomped on the wrong part of the ground, where the huge stone was. His body suddenly became unbalanced, and he fell before himself, at Ryeowook. Unluckily, Ryeowook wasn’t quick enough and the both of them fell onto the ground. But instead of stopping, as their swords felt next to them, they started to use strength. Fists and legs came to use, as they fought with each other. No one interfered, as Ryeowook and Kyuhyun kicked and punched each other. As if it wasn’t the prince who was fighting, but just a normal man. They fought like that; tumbling from one way to the other, punching each other’s chins and bodies. But none of them looked, as if they would win. They were equal. That time, on the grass and dry sand, the slave and the prince became equal. There were no ranks or hierarchy. The prince was like a slave and the slave was like a prince.

They stumbled once more and stopped fighting. Their breaths were heavy, as they tried to catch some air. Knowing that none of them can win. Kyuhyun lay on top of Ryeowook. He wasn’t looking like a prince anymore. His clothes were tugged, torn in some places and dirty. His hair was pulled out from the white ribbon- some hair strings attached to his sweaty forehead.

Kyuhyun supported himself on his arms and lifted himself a little. His eyes immediately found Ryeowook’s.

“I admit, you are not a slave. Slaves don’t fight that good.” Ryeowook scoffed at these words and smirked at the prince.

“True and I admit, you are not a prince. Princes don’t look that peasant like you.” Ryeowook mocked, making Kyuhyun scoff too.

And just like that, the slave became the prince’s friend.

Because sometimes you need to get dirty to realize that after all those clean and pretty clothes and hierarchy, the both of you are equal.

 

 

_______________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“…So I called out, searching for you, but couldn't see through my tears…”


 

Days passed like a dandelion in the air that searched for its place. For a ground to stop at and create a home/family. Some people are searching for their homes all their lives, but maybe they forget that the one they had, was the first one, or the second? Maybe they searched for something perfect, but nothing is perfect in this life. Maybe the imperfect life is their own? Even if they don’t know it.

Just hold onto something. Just catch a glimpse of it and look, you found it. But look closely, this thing is someone you would never consider home.

 

As days passed, prince Kyuhyun and Ryeowook got closer and closer. For some, it was really strange, that once enemies were now friends. Ryeowook hated Kyuhyun, despite him and his kingdom, but after a while he learned new things, that changed his mind. Even if they still call each other names, even if Ryeowook was a few times beaten, because of his improper behavior towards Kyuhyun, the prince could somehow, always find him and rescued Ryeowook from more beating.

One day, after Ryeowook was beaten because he mocked Kyuhyun about, not being that good with swordsmanship, they found themselves on the far end of the garden. It was there, where Ryeowook burst from anger, rage and frustration and punched Kyuhyun hard on the face, making the prince almost topple onto the ground. It was there, where Kyuhyun punched Ryeowook back. It was there, where they once again fought with each other, despite the fact that they weren’t wearing training clothes, but new, fancy ones (even Ryeowook, because Kyuhyun insisted, that his slave needed to look good like him).

And it was there, where Ryeowook learned about his kingdom, from the other point of view. His kingdom wasn’t clean and pure, as he always though/learned. Apparently, his king attacked Kyuhyun’s kingdom and buried some villages. It was Ryeowook’s king who ordered to kill innocent people, because he wanted to scare Kyuhyun’s father. To make him surrender and give his kingdom to him.

Ryeowook couldn’t believe it, but when Kyuhyun dragged him to one of the chambers and showed him the plans, letters and maps about Ryeowook’s king attacks and orders, Ryeowook believed him. Even if the truth was painful, Ryeowook believed Kyuhyun. But the bitter truth wasn’t that smooth to swallow.

That day, Ryeowook left Kyuhyun in that chamber alone and went without a word to his room. He spent time in his room, for a couple of days. Despite Kyuhyun’s orders, or personal pleadings for Ryeowook to come out, the ex-general didn’t leave his room. He needed time to think, to sort his thoughts out, that his king and almost everyone he served, deceived him. That he was a tool for their games while they were plotting behind curtains, hidden from his eyes. Simply said, he was used. And Ryeowook didn’t like this. Despite the fact that he grew up in that country, after knowing that he was deceived, all his love for his king vanished into a thin air, leaving just an empty shell of duty he once had.

Ryeowook never forgot the relief on Kyuhyun’s face, when he finally opened the door and came out. It was as if the sadness, of the fact that he was used, was nothing when Kyuhyun looked at him like that.

“Ryeo-“ Kyuhyun’s words were cut, when Ryeowook put his hand on the prince’s arm. This move was too intimate, too friendly; that two people of different ranks should have showed. Yet Ryeowook did it and didn’t regretted this and knew that Kyuhyun didn’t too.

“Drink with me.” Ryeowook said in a pleading voice, slightly hopeful. Yet Kyuhyun could swear, it was like a command. Those made his chuckle, because it was funny, from his point of view, that the slave was ordering the prince.

“I will.” Kyuhyun nodded with a small, relieved smile. Then both of them exited the palace, the main garden, the main hall. They went, after taking a few bottles of wine from the kitchen, to the far end of the garden. Near the place where they fought a couple of days ago. They sat on the wooden floor in an old, unused pavilion and poured the wine for each other. Like long childhood friends, they talked and shared things, no one knew about.

It was strange that despite the awful start, ups and downs, they turned pretty quickly into something similar to friendship. Something, because there was still the hierarchy; slave-prince, and a small tension of enemies. But despite this, they grew and created a small string of fellowship, that enemies would never have. Also, the form of something in their hearts, that even best friends shouldn’t possess.

 

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“…When reflected in your eyes, I would be smiling, 
Never again shall I find a smile like that one…”

 

 

Months pass by really quickly, when you have a good time. Ryeowook forgot about his old kingdom, about the people that betrayed him. He was worried about his family, but thought that if his other companions were killed, they will think he was too. So Ryeowook left the past and subdued to the rank he had now. It wasn’t that horrible as he always thought so. He wasn’t a normal slave after all. He was once a general, with high education and perfect manners. Due to this, they put him in a comfortable position. He became, for Kyuhyun, someone similar to a tutor or a right hand, but still in a really low rank.

In these past months, Kyuhyun and Ryeowook became closer. They stopped fighting over small matters. Because Ryeowook was Kyuhyun’s tutor, they spent a lot more time than previously. Under Ryeowook, Kyuhyun learned a lot of useful thing- swordsmanship, the word of battle planning, the kingdom’s low and about every aspects of the kingdom- from how the plants are growing, who and how are they collecting the harvest, to the knowledge of every minister’s duty and king’s one.

Yet, in the mist of their work, duty and study, they could always find the time to talk about random things. While they were studying, a lot of servants would be able to hear laughter, amused yells, teasing, muffled words, behind the closed door of the study chamber.

Besides all these, they found time, in the late evenings, for a drink and casual chit-chat. When daytime went to sleep and night time came, the prince and his slave-tutor, would find themselves in this old pavilion, in the far end of the garden, where they drank for the first time. They would sit before each other and pour alcohol for one another, then talk.

It was one of these days. As soon as the moon showed up, they moved outside- legs dangled in the air, as they sat in on the edge in the wooden hall. Hands supported them from behind. Their bodies were almost touching, as they looked at the bright, cloudless night sky. At the full moon, that was hiding behind the blossoming cherry tree.

“Tonight is beautiful.” Ryeowook said, as he took a sip of his alcohol, then once again looked at the night scenery, admiring it.

“Indeed. Spring this year is charming and so are the nights. I wonder what it will bring us this year.” Kyuhyun said looking at the moon. Ryeowook looked at his friend and smiled lightly. He would have never thought, that his enemy, would become his friend. He never dreamt of it and always wanted to kill Kyuhyun, but now? Now, Ryeowook wanted to live next to him and serve the young man. He once had a king, but this one- young, future king, Ryeowook can trust and is sure that Kyuhyun will not betray him. He can see and feel in Kyuhyun’s gestures, that he is sincere in every aspect of his words and actions.

“I wonder too.” Ryeowook said looking at the moon too, then he turned to Kyuhyun and chuckled, bringing the latter’s attention to him. “I really hope this year will bring a lot of peaches, so your cook will make peach pie.” Ryeowook added, then grinned when Kyuhyun started to laugh. The prince threw his head back and a loud laugh echoed in the end of the palace’s garden. When he finally managed to calm down, he faced his companion.

“You really love sweets. Sweets monster.” Kyuhyun said, making Ryeowook smile at him brightly. The smile made Kyuhyun widen his eyes a little and his heart suddenly beat faster. Ryeowook doesn’t smile a lot, so Kyuhyun cherished every smile the latter made. When Ryeowook smiled, he looked ten years younger, a lot prettier, despite his manliness, and a hundred percent more enchanting, that everything around Kyuhyun. But that day, Ryeowook’s smile, made Kyuhyun stop breathing and look only at him. The moon shone perfectly on his face, making him glow a little. The wind brushed his hair a little, covering or uncovering those twinkling, amused eyes. And Kyuhyun found himself stuck in that smile, in those eyes. Then he smiled back, mimicking Ryeowook’s perfection that night, when he saw himself in the latter’s eyes and knew perfectly, that Ryeowook saw himself in his too.

That night neither of them knew, that under their ribs, their hearts were beating really fast, while they looked at each other. Neither of them knew that they thought the same thing about each other; enchanting, perfect, the best. Because neither for Ryeowook, nor for Kyuhyun, no one could be better that the other. Despite knowing each other’s flaws, bad and good things, they still thought that no one compared to the latter. And it was amusing, because in the past, they always thought of each other the worst.

Little by little, their hate turned into a friendship, that they would never thought they would develop. Murderous threats turned to teasing, then to casual talking. Making small steps, they turned to something they would cherish and were glad it became.

As they went through the days, without realizing of their bond, something hid under their unawareness. Waiting for them to finally acknowledge it. And that night, this something inside them snapped and came out from its hidden spot. But they were still blind to see it. And none of them realized that under the night sky, their feelings grew from friendship to love.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“…In the pitch dark, my cries go on, 
And there I see you, 
Too far away…”

 

 

Days and nights came and went slower this time. In such a way, that both of them felt suffocated, by the apathetic moving of events. Neither of them knew, why time was getting that slow. The mornings, were lazy and boring. Yet nighttime, when they had their drinking routine, time suddenly moved quicker, as if it hurried them to move on, to stop and go to sleep.

How twisted their time was those days.

Not to mention their strange thoughts of each other. As if, something drastically changed in them, making them think of the latter differently; not as a friend, companion anymore. Yet, they didn’t know what it was.

Suddenly the slave-prince hierarchy they had started to bother them, but they didn’t voice it. Something was irking them, that it was wrong, their small bond, they created with each other, except, it was too late, even if they didn’t know it yet.

The disturbing feeling of wanting the other man for themselves, was bothering both of them, yet, they were too embarrassed to face it.

Kyuhyun would frown, or even throw a tantrum, when he would see Ryeowook talking to the others, as if Ryeowook was his possession, only his, no one else’s. The same thing went with Ryeowook, but in a slightly different way. He hated the fact that he was just a slave and couldn’t accompany Kyuhyun in every aspect of the prince’s day. He wanted to be near Kyuhyun always; from the morning- when Kyuhyun opened his eyes, till the nighttime- when the latter fell asleep.

 

Sadly they knew it was impossible to stop the latter, to hold him, to get him just for themselves. They lived in two different worlds, despite living in the same palace. The hierarchy duties are too high, too important, too obvious to just threw them away.

So, they suffered. They suffered for their unrequited, unknown love and biddings of their ranks.

 

Because of their unknown feeling, they started to become awkward near each other. The distance grew unnoticed. Small frowns on their faces, or quick pulls of their hands, where their skin would accidentally brush with one another. As if the mere touch could make their hearts beat too fast, or made them blush, too shy.

Just a month ago Kyuhyun realized, why he acted like that near Ryeowook and he didn’t know, if he should be glad about this realization or sorrowful.

 

He was busy all day, because his father wanted him to see his future duties, as the first son- future king. Due to this, he didn’t see Ryeowook all day, yet when he finally had free time, he rushed to find his now- best friend. He found Ryeowook under the cherry tree, sleeping. He halted his quick steps and silently went to the sleeping man. Ryeowook was sitting there, head a little lowered, bangs covering his eyes, as his chest was moving steadily. Kyuhyun’s eyes turned into gentle ones, when he looked at Ryeowook’s peaceful face. The sun shone of the latter’s face, but the tree covered his eyes, protecting him, from any discomfort. The prince knelt next to his friend and brushed the latter’s bangs away, from his face. Then, he suddenly stopped all his movements, when a particular thought ran through his mind, when his eyes landed on Ryeowook’s lips- plump, reddish and surely soft, if Kyuhyun could touch them with his own. He shouldn’t have these thoughts about his best friend - hence, about the other male - but he did and he didn’t regret his decision that day. He leaned closer and softly kissed the sleeping Ryeowook on the lips. When he pulled away, he sighed, relieved, when he saw that the latter didn’t wake up, then he hurriedly left Ryeowook. But what he didn’t see was that Ryeowook wasn’t asleep and knew perfectly what was going on. And he too, realized his true feelings that day.

 

But who would have thought that the sweetness of those lips, the love they felt for one another, would bring him so much pain and hardship?

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“…To the point of breaking, 
Hold me tightly…”

 

 

If they knew what would happen the next days, they would have turned back time and would have done everything different. They would have stopped their awkwardness around each other and stuck with one another all the time; cherishing the last time, they had together before the separation. They would face their feelings and hold happily the remaining days.

Apparently, Ryeowook’s previous king started the war with Kyuhyun’s kingdom. Because of this, everything started to be in a hassle. Kyuhyun, as the great swordsman and the crown prince, was put in the first line, as the encourager of their army. These news, made Ryeowook scared for the prince’s life. He feared that Kyuhyun will not make it and to think he will fight the people, Ryeowook knew really well, made him even more afraid. He knew those people and knew they are capable of killing everyone, in just a quick swift of their swords. He trained a lot of them.

He couldn’t even reach Kyuhyun these days, as the latter was preparing for his leave. Ryeowook wanted to stop Kyuhyun from going, because he knew, Kyuhyun will not come back safe and whole. He knew Kyuhyun will die there, or come back here with horrid damages on his body. These thoughts were making his scared, sad and tearful. He wasn’t a crybaby. He grew up, as the man with a rough face and strong body, but the mere thought that Kyuhyun could die, made his body shake in horror.

Despite of these, Ryeowook didn’t show his fear to the prince. He played the best friend, the best as he could. He joked around, drank, talked with Kyuhyun, as if the war wasn’t there- behind closed door. And Kyuhyun was glad because he didn’t know, if he could be able to bear the separation, if Ryeowook acted differently- if he showed the panic, that Kyuhyun possessed too.

Their remaining days passed really quickly, as they acted around each other. They met a few times and pretended, while holding the fear and sorrow inside them. They talked, but all they wanted, was to tell each other how much they meant for another. They smiled, but all they wanted, was to hug the each other. They joked, but they wanted, to whisper ‘I love you’s’ into their ears. They drank, but they would’ve rather felt the other’s sweet lips, than the burning liquid.

Since time wasn’t their friend at all, the day of their separation took them by a surprise. They couldn’t even hug, even if they never did it. They couldn’t even brush each other’s hands, even if they hadn’t. And mostly, they couldn’t kiss and say how much they loved each other. It was too late. It wasn’t the place to say these words, while all the soldiers were around them, some looking at them. It wasn’t the place they are supposed to say it, but is there another? They have the hope for something more, when the war is next to them?

Ryeowook could just awkwardly smile, mimicking Kyuhyun’s uneasy one, as they said “Take care, come back safely.”

The only evidence of their deep feelings and fear were their eyes; tearful, desperate, scared of tomorrow.

Then Kyuhyun turned around on his horse and the army moved to the unknown for Ryeowook’s land. He left the ex-general in the palace, where the only familiar thing was Kyuhyun’s smiling presence.

He left him, longing and scared for Kyuhyun’s safety, in this unfriendly, huge place that wasn’t Ryeowook’s home, if Kyuhyun wasn’t there.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“…If I can meet with you again, 
Even in a dream, 
Let me have eternal sleep…”

 

 

Ryeowook couldn’t find his place, when Kyuhyun went to war. His nights were sleepless. Days hazed. He was like a human doll; lifeless and soulless. Just as if, Kyuhyun took Ryeowook’s everything and left him hanging, unable to do anything.

The only way, to get his attention was, to have news from the war. Ryeowook would then suddenly listen to every word- sipping them like a thirsty animal. Because he needed, even just small news about Kyuhyun, about the war; who died, if his prince is still alive?

And Ryeowook would sigh in relief, his heart would lift from a burden, when they would say that Kyuhyun is still fighting, still alive. That the prince was making the soldiers fight proudly and strong. That he will be the best king in the future, because he can move people and make excellent decisions. And Ryeowook, while hearing these news, would feel proud, because he saw Kyuhyun growing into this excellent man.

Yet, the light heart and mind wouldn’t last long. He knew the enemies- his past kingdom’s army and he knew what they are capable of. They are dangerous men. He feared and prayed for Kyuhyun’s safety every day and night. Like a monk in a temple, who prays for people, Ryeowook prayed for Kyuhyun and only for him.

He knew the first line was the most dangerous line in the war. The first line was the most deadly line in the army and to put Kyuhyun there, was almost as if, making him go die instantly. As if the King didn’t know the consequence of this.

This thought alone, made Ryeowook almost go insane. To clear his mind, Ryeowook would sneak out from the palace, to the far end of the garden. He would lie, on the wooden floor in the pavilion and recollect the times, he had with Kyuhyun. These days, Ryeowook would silently cry, as his hands the spot, where Kyuhyun always sat. Those memories were the sweetest, yet the most painful ones, because he only had them, while the man he remembered is in war, fighting to come back alive.

Yet, most of the time, Ryeowook would spend there while training himself, rather than mourn over the missing prince. He would wear his training clothes and sweat a lot- cleaning his head in the process. His martial arts techniques leveled up or more, as he exercised from morning till dawn. His sword would make swifts and cuts, as he moved it gracefully, yet with precision. All the time, even if his sword cut yet another bamboo wood, Ryeowook would think of Kyuhyun. He never thought he would love someone like that, not to mention the man he once wanted to kill. Life and people’s hearts are really twisted. But this didn’t change the fact that every night, Ryeowook would fall asleep, dreaming about Kyuhyun’s happy face.

Maybe Ryeowook knew or not, that in the far land, the man of his heart, was thinking the same thing. He too, longed for Ryeowook and feared that he will never make it, to see the ex-general.

 

Time was slow, painfully slow for both of them. As if it wanted to see their pain, suffering and longings. Every day was lazy, full of fear. Every night was full of nightmares or sleepless, horrid thoughts.

And their eyes, red from tears, fear and sorrow, were the only evidence of how much they suffered without each other.

 

 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“To the point of breaking, 
Hold me tightly. “

 

 

Even if time wanted to see their suffering, it couldn’t stop itself from running. And the time for their reunion had come.

The next spring had some. The cherry tree next to the pavilion in the far end of the garden was blooming fully; showing the white-red-pink petals. Ryeowook was sitting under it, resting. He was trying to exercise as always, but something that day was off. His body wasn’t moving, as he wanted it to. His sword wasn’t that quick as always. His heart was uneasy. He was looking aimlessly before himself, as his body felt heavy; from the burden of longings. It was a long time ago, for Ryeowook, when Kyuhyun went to war and it was a more than a week, when he last heard of their whereabouts on the battlefield.

What Ryeowook didn’t know, was that in the other end of the garden, in the main entrance, Kyuhyun’s regiment went through the main door. The prince quickly jumped from his horse and started to frantically search for Ryeowook in the crowd that suddenly formed, when the men from the army finally came back, from the bloody war. Kyuhyun greeted people around him, but his eyes were looking for a familiar figure. His longing for his best friend was unbelievable. He dreamt of Ryeowook every night, prayed to come back to him safe, to see the man he came to love once more.

When Kyuhyun didn’t see Ryeowook in the crowd, he knew where the latter would be. He abandoned his comrades, questioning eyes of people on him and ran to the far end of the garden- to Ryeowook and their meeting place. His cheeks were red from excitement and exhaustion. He was deadly tired, dirty and needed a feast to eat, but it could wait, Ryeowook couldn’t. Every step Kyuhyun took, was taking his even closer, to the man he loved dearly. His lungs screamed for air, legs almost gave up, due to exhaustion from the long trip, but Kyuhyun could only see the patch and a wooden roof of their pavilion, as he ran. His dreamless night, will soon vanish, as he will bury his face in the crook of Ryeowook’s neck, inhaling the sweet scent of the latter.

 

 

When Kyuhyun finally arrived to his destination, his movements immediately stopped at the sight before him. Ryeowook was standing under the tree, back turned to him. The wind swayed the three a little, making the soft petals run in the air.

While hearing the steps Kyuhyun’s made, Ryeowook turned around and his eyes widened. Their eyes locked with each other, while the prince went and stopped a few steps away from his best friend. They looked at each other for a moment; basing with the latter’s presence. Kyuhyun looked exhausted. His face was a little rougher and with bruises, body slimmer due to stress and awful food in the war. Yet for Ryeowook, Kyuhyun never looked more perfect than that time. Every tiredness and stress vanished from his body and face, when they finally saw each other. The longing, suffering and fear for Kyuhyun’s safety vanished.

“Y-you came back.” Ryeowook said with a trembling voice, eyes gleamed with tears. Kyuhyun smiled at his best friend and nodded once, his eyes shone with happiness.

And as if the nod was the push Ryeowook needed. The ex-general ran to Kyuhyun and threw himself at the latter, hugging him, as in fear it was just a dream, an illusion and he will soon wake up. His hands circled around Kyuhyun’s shoulders, making the prince hug his back, burring his head into the latter’s neck. How he missed the shorter man.

“You are here.” Ryeowook whispered, as he tightened the hug, making Kyuhyun almost suffocate. But the prince didn’t mind, instead he circled his hands around Ryeowook’s waist and brought their bodies even closer, as if it could even be possible. The sorrow vanished, as they felt each other body-heat. Their nightmares of the prince dead, that they shared, are long gone, as their eyes locked with one another for the first time after a long separation.

“I’m here, next to you, with you.” Kyuhyun mumbled, as he still buried his head in Ryeowook’s neck- inhaling the sweet scent that he missed for months.

As if it wasn’t wrong, they hugged each other tightly. As if they could die, if they would separate, their limbs took a hold of the latter firmer.

Due to this, they drifted in each other presence; sipping the latter’s warmth, healing their wounds from longings souls and hearts. Dreaming of never being separated again.

Ryeowook tried to free himself from Kyuhyun, to see the latter’s face clearly. But when he pushed the prince a little from him, Kyuhyun quickly held him and hugged him once again; squishing his clothed back with his palms. Burying his head in the latter’s chest.

“Hold me tighter. From the point of breaking, hold me tighter, so I can be with you like that a little longer, so I can feel you are here with me.” Kyuhyun begged. He begged the mere slave, that he learned to love more than his life.

Ryeowook was no one to say no to his prince, so he hugged Kyuhyun again. He whisper assuring words, as he the circles on Kyuhyun’s back.

The words, Ryeowook said, calmed Kyuhyun a little, and he finally looked at Ryeowook, who smiled at him.

“Welcome back.” Ryeowook smiled gently at his prince. Kyuhyun brought one hand up and caressed the latter’s soft cheek.

“I’m glad to be back.” Kyuhyun whispered then his eyes landed on Ryeowook’s lips; chapped, yet inviting, and before he knew what he was doing, he leaned closer. Ryeowook’s heart skipped a bit and he closed his eyes, when Kyuhyun’s lips met his in a sweet, loving and gentle kiss. They felt like all the bad things that happened in the past months vanished instantly, when their lips met.

When their lips disconnected and their eyes met once again, all they could see, was love and devotion, shining in the latter’s eyes. As if this small gaze of two pairs of eyes could tell a million words, they knew each other’s feeling. They hearts opened, reveling their feelings for one another, without fearing that the latter didn’t have a mutual one. And they smiled, the sweetest one they could create. Hearts beat quickly in unison, while they locked their lips once more, pouring their love into the kiss.

 

Adding to the sweetness of their reunion, in the far back of their mind, they wondered; if they needed to suffer, longing for each other, to finally see and say the love they had for each other? If yes, then what will the future bring for them?

Because they knew, time wasn’t their friend.

 

 

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“The dream, from which I've been waking up, is vanishing, 
Your arms and beloved voice is slipping away. “

 

 

Memories of them together slipped quickly out of their hands, as they cherished the latter’s presence. Spring had ended and Autumn had come for a short period, to make room for Winter that was walking with big steps. The weather went from warm, to a chilling one, when the first birds started to emigrate to warmer places.

These few months, somehow, gave them a feeling of ease. Their hearts serenaded in each other’s presence. They spent almost every spare time with each other; making sure no one knew about their feelings. People say that people in love are foolish, but Kyuhyun and Ryeowook weren’t. They made sure, no one realized their mutual feeling. They knew, for many, their affection was forbidden. They acted indifferent, like they were before the confession. The only difference was their time in the abandoned pavilion. They wouldn’t just talk and drink there. As soon as people’s eyes were far away, they would hug and kiss; basking in their love.

Yet, the peace didn’t last long. The time for next battle made them realize, that they will be separated again. Fear once again arrived in their hearts, making their last days together, more anxious and sad. They would sometimes forget that people are watching, when their eyes met showing fear to one another, when someone mentioned about the upcoming war. Their hands would brush with each other for a second, as someone mentioned that the other army is near. Nights started to be sleepless. Days started to become fearful. They didn’t know when the time for them to separate will come again, so they spent even more time with each other.

People started to wonder, why Ryeowook is needed when Kyuhyun is talking to the ministers and other royal people. Why is the slave present, when the king and crown prince strolled around the palace, talking about war. But the gossips quickly held down when one day, the king announced, that Ryeowook is coming with Kyuhyun, because the slave was almost like Kyuhyun’s right hand and friend.

How shocked the prince and his lover were, hearing this news. They didn’t know, if they should be rejoicing over the fact that they will be together, or the opposite. Should they fear, that now, as the two of them are in danger, they will be more focused on each other than themselves? They didn’t know the answer to these and it ate them alive.

Not just sleepless nights and anxious days, but nightmares and horrifying thoughts would torment them, never letting go. As if someone had fun to do it, to make them suffer.

Yet they found a small memory to hold onto. As if it would be their last days together, they created something, they will never forget.

 

It was two days before they left for the war. That day, they didn’t talk much. Their voices were unsuccessful in showing their fear. The only way to express their fear was with their eyes; full of love, devotion, sorrow and dreadful thoughts, that maybe it will be the last time they spend together.

They would smile despite the sadness they felt. Eyes locked with the other, hands linked, as they leaned closer, to put a chaste kiss onto the lover’s lips, as a goodbye, despite the fact they are going together. They knew they can’t act like lovers anymore. They can’t show their feelings, while people will be around them, looking at their every move.

Soon the kiss deepened, despite the high possibility, that someone will see them, sitting and kissing on the wooden floor in the abandoned pavilion. But they didn’t care that time. They were too desperate, to scared to let go, fearing it will be the last chance to feel just a glimpse of the other’s warmth.

Lips molded with one another. Affection showed with love. Kyuhyun’s hand tugged Ryeowook’s long hair at the scalp, seeking for more of the other’s sweetness. Then, they looked at each other with devotion after the heated kiss. Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook’s hand gently and pulled him up. He guided his lover inside of the pavilion, away from curious eyes. Fearing that someone will break their remaining time as lovers.

The wood creaked, as they moved to darkness. Kyuhyun took Ryeowook inside, in the far corner, so even the sun will not know what they will do there. Then the prince once again captured Ryeowook’s lips, missing them already. And they made love for the first time. Feeling the love and fear of war and probability of death in every part of their bodies. Their skins were heated, lips connected and they moved in synch, making sweet noises and praying not to let them forget, or stop their act, or not to let them die in the war. They prayed to let them love each other forever like that, even in the darkness, away from everyone, everything. And when they reached their small heaven on earth, they mumbled sweet words of affection; sipping them thirstily, locking them into each other’s heart, making sure they will not escape. Because these will be the only things that will hold them in the war. These sweet words and heated memory they created in the darkness.

These memories will be their strength in the bloody path they will walk.

Hands slipped, lips connected, wishing for the dark reality to vanish. Hearts stopped for a second, breathes halted, as the memory made a permanent place in their minds. And they wished to never let go. They wished to be alive, to be able to come back here together. To return to these beloved arms they loved dearly.

Even if this sweet dream was slipping away quickly.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“Because I will meet with you again, 
Because I made a promise,…”

 

 

The day of the march to the war had come. The sun almost rose up, when they gathered in the main square in the palace. Kyuhyun’s companions and Ryeowook were the only ones, while the rest of the army already moved to the battlefield. Kyuhyun’s companions and Ryeowook were supposed to catch up with them at the end of the day.

Soldiers in armors were chatting with each other, while waiting for the king to give them an order to move out. Kyuhyun knew that his father would take a while to go to them, so he secretly gave Ryeowook a hint to leave the rest for a while. Ryeowook followed his prince that left first, when he was sure that no one was looking where he was going.

As soon as he entered one of the abandoned halls, someone pulled him and lips touched his. The ex-general subdued to the kiss, when he realized who was kissing him. He will never forget those lips. Those lips belong to no other than Kyuhyun, the man who took his everything. The man who took Ryeowook’s life and heart, yet the ex-general didn’t mind. He got a new one that he would rather follow. Even if the path was uneven.

When they stopped, he was welcomed into the warmth of the prince’s embrace. He felt secure, as his hands circled around Kyuhyun, while the prince did the same, making his uneasy, worried heart, felt at ease. It was the place he belonged in, felt out of harm’s way, when Kyuhyun whispered those words that made Ryeowook sure he is needed, loved, protected. Even if he himself was the man of the war, he needed someone who will shelter not his body, but his soul and Kyuhyun was doing that perfectly.

“Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun whispered into Ryeowook’s ear, still embracing him. The shorter man hummed, giving a signal that he was listening. “Don’t die there.” Kyuhyun’s voice cracked, making Ryeowook look at him. When their eyes locked with each other, Ryowook saw the huge fear Kyuhyun possessed. He knew he wasn’t the only one that feared death, yet seeing how pained his lover was, made Ryeowook’s heart ache with a new feeling. His hand reached and touched Kyuhyun’s cheek, it with his thumb, as he cracked a smile.

“I will try.” Ryeowook assured, but Kyuhyun touched his hand on his cheek and held it.

“Don’t try, just do it. Ryeowook I can’t even think of you dying there. You need to promise me that you will come back from this war alive and safe. I can’t bear losing you.” Kyuhyun kissed Ryeowook’s palm, eyes glistened with tears.

“I will, but you need to promise me the same, because I’m living for you.” Ryeowook said and Kyuhyun frantically nodded his head.

“I promise.”

“So do I.”

Then, they sealed the promise with a loving kiss, slightly salty from their tears, slightly painful, because of the separation and a little sad, because of their fear of tomorrow.

That day, before they moved to the battlefield, in the empty hall, they made a lifetime promise to live for one another. The sun rose into the sky, making the paper windows glow in the light, creating the orange and yellowish patterns on the hall’s walls and floor, where Kyuhyun and Ryeowook were standing. Like a warm sign that the world heard it, so they can’t break it.

 

And they bestride their horses, moving side by side, when the king finally gave them a signal to the march.

They moved on the unknown path, that the both of them, weren’t sure if they will come back from. The sun was before them, while the shadows just waited for their bad move to make then break their promise.

Because in the war, you can’t promise things you can break. In the battlefield, all promises are hung low, unsure, because with just a small wrong move, they can break them off, leaving the latter in despair.

 

 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“With love that would overflow, 
Cover me gently --
Let me have eternal sleep.”

 

 

Ryeowook never thought how hard it would be to fight with the people he once knew. His heart was torn in half. Besides him, was the man who had his love and devotion. For him, Ryeowook would give everything. He would fight and give his life to him. He would fight with the evil, just to make sure Kyuhyun will be safe. On the other hand, he had people he knew and was friends with. The people on the other side of the bloody field were his friends, comrades and people he cherished, or felt honored to serve. Yet after the capture, after acknowledging that they betrayed him, Ryeowook wasn’t their ‘family’ anymore. He should felt, as if he is fighting strangers, but his heart didn’t forget. His heart still showed him memories that he created, with the people that he will fight with. It showed Ryeowook the smiles and laughs they created, after the long hours they spent together. Ryeowook couldn’t forget it, even if he wanted to. They too, were deceived by the thought of their right doing.

Wind smacked his body without mercy. Ryeowook knew why the wind was acting like that. He was the traitor. He should die with his comrades. Instead, he became a slave for the enemy’s kingdom and the person that shares a bed with the future king. There is nothing more disgraceful than this.

His heart was torn in half, making him unable to have the peace that he needed before the battle. He needed to have a clean mind to focus on fighting, or his life will be in danger.

Ryeowook’s horse moved uneasily, making Ryeowook tighten the hold on the reins. His breath deepened, as he heard the generals telling orders for the upcoming battle. He looked before himself and his heart quickened its pace, chest tightened painfully at the sign. He saw people that he missed. People he once called friends. That now were wearing armors and were carrying weapons, waiting to kill him and the others from his new army. His eyes softened, as sorrow clouded his vision. He never though they will be on opposite sides. He always wanted to fight next to them. To slash enemies and stomp on the bloody ground on the war, with them and only them, but his fate turned to be the opposite of what he wanted. He became their enemy, even if he wanted something different.

His shoulders fell and he looked down. He will have to kill people, that were once his friends. Him, Kyuhyun and his new kingdom, or them.

Someone put a hand on his shoulder, making Ryeowook look up. He faced Kyuhyun, who was sitting on his horse next to him.

“I’m sorry.” Kyuhyun whispered, his hands squeezed Ryeowook’s arm a little. And Ryeowook’s lips twitched in a painful smile. His lover knew perfectly what Ryeowook was thinking of now.

“Don’t be. My fate is twisted, but I never thought I will fight with my past comrades to protect the man I love.” Ryeowook whispered, so no one, just them, could hear. His hands, covered in metal gloves, went and laid on Kyuhyun’s, squeezing the prince’s hand. “We need to face some obstacles in our lives.”

“I know, but I wish you wouldn’t have this kind of obstacles.”

“Me too.” Ryeowook smiled painfully and looked before himself. He wished to be in the pavilion, where Kyuhyun and him always spent their time. He wished to run his hands over Kyuhyun’s silky hair, instead of touching the silver sword. He wished to feel Kyuhyun’s lips and heat instead of the smell and feeling of war.

 

His hold on the reins tightened, legs hit the horse lightly and the whole army, including him, with Kyuhyun in the front, rushed straight to meet the other army halfway. His heart beat faster, eyes suddenly sharpened. He knew what will happen in a second. He anticipated it. He tasted the blood in his mouth and smirked, as an insane feeling of adrenaline rushed to his veins.

Past comrades or not, he will kill them all, because he made a promise, because he still wanted to feel Kyuhyun’s love and warmth. He wasn’t a traitor, no one is, when love is involved and when the first party did it earlier than him.

His vision clouded, as they finally clashed with the other army. People yelled, screamed. Noises of clattering metal rang in his ears. People passed him, and Ryeowook smiled, as he saw Kyuhyun’s smile in the garden under a tree. His sword stabbed the first soldiers. Blood dripped from it, and Ryeowook’s heart warmed up, because he felt Kyuhyun’s hands on his.

Because Ryeowook and Kyuhyun, who was near him, will fight for their overwhelming love. They made a promise to live for the latter. And so, they will do everything to keep the promise.

 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

“I can't see you, 
I can't see you. “

 

 

The sword stabbed the unknown soldier in the chest, making him die instantly. Ryeowook took the sword out. The blood gushed out from the dead body. He turned around and searched with his eyes for Kyuhyun. His face turned into a relieved one, as he saw the prince covered in others’ blood, killing some soldier.

“I see you changed army.” Someone said behind Ryeowook, making the latter immediately turn around and face the latter with his sword ready to attack. His eyes widened, a gasp escaped his lips, when he saw his previous king standing in front of him with a sword, ready to fight too.

“My lord.” Ryeowook uttered, making the king chuckle dryly. Ryeowook couldn’t believe that even the king would be in this battle.

“Your lord? Looks like you sold yourself to the other king.” The king said with venom in his voice. Ryeowook tensed up at the words. Even if he was fighting with his previous kingdom, he was still feeling that he belong to it. He didn’t sell himself, he didn’t have a choice. And now after what he experienced and acknowledged about his kingdom and the one he currently served, he didn’t know who he should serve actually. He wanted to be with Kyuhyun, but his pride and honor made him feel that he is dirtying his morals, fighting with his comrades.

“It’s not like that. I didn’t have a choice.” Ryeowook tried to defend himself.

“You didn’t? You could just die like the rest of your comrades. You dirtied your honor general Kim. You sold yourself to the other kingdom. You should die in disgrace, because you profaned yourself, your family and rank.” Ryeowook’s head buzzed from anger at these words. The memories about what, his previous king had done to Cho’s kingdom, flashed before his eyes. He tightened the hold around the sword.

“I dirtied my honor? Me? Who was the one who ordered to burn all the villages?! Who was the one who ordered to just slash innocent people for what? For greed, for money, for more land to had under his feet. The one who dirtied himself is not me but you, my lord.”

“Wha-…how you know about it?” The king asked, shocked that Ryeowook now about it.

“It doesn’t matter how, I know, my lord. I served you. I’ve done all orders that you told me to do. I was honored to serve you with myself, but you played with me and other people. You dirtied our honor, before we could even do it ourselves.” Ryeowook said. The king cursed under his breath and charged at Ryeowook with all might. Ryeowook dodged the attack smoothly. “My lord, please don’t try to fight me. Stop it.” Ryeowook begged, as the king tried to stab him in the stomach. Ryeowook backed off and moved a few meters away. He couldn’t fight with his king. No matter how much he despised the latter, he was his king, past or present. His honor was beyond him. He truly would dirt his honor and taint in disgrace, if he would fight back.

“You are fated to fight me. Don’t act like you have honor, because you don’t have any anymore. You insulted and disrespected your king with your previous words. You should follow orders, not question them.” The king said and quickly attacked Ryeowook. Their swords met halfway. New sounds of metal on metal echoed with the others in the battlefield. Ryeowook met the king’s eyes and saw rage in them. “Your fate is to die in my hands. You were ordered to die with your comrades not slave yourself and kiss the prince’s feet.”

“Wha-“ Ryeowook asked shocked, as they swung their swords, meeting with the other’s with a huge force.

“Do you think I would not know? You are the prince’s slave. He turned you from the general, into the slave. Why have you done it, Ryeowook? Did he force you? Or…don’t tell me, you turned into his friend? Ha! Don’t kid yourself. The prince and the slave would never have more than despite in their feelings. He is toying with you, just like I toyed with your loyalty.” At these words Ryeowook’s eyes went huge. He would have never thought that someone would find his biggest weakness, Kyuhyun. He knew the king’s words were untrue, because he knew Kyuhyun loved him. He knew that they had mutual feelings for each other, yet why the king’s words stabbed him like that? His heart hurt uneasily. His eyes left the king’s for a second and he glanced around himself. He saw Kyuhyun not far from him, and the ugly doubts washed off immediately. Kyuhyun was different from his previous king. He would never toy with Ryeowook like that.

“Your doubts are my victory.” The king said, making Ryeowook look at him immediately. His eyes went huge, while his grip on the sword lessened, when the king precipitated the weapon from Ryeowook’s hand, making if fall on the ground.

Ryeowook could just gasp and take the hold of the sharp blade, when the king charged at him suddenly and stabbed him in the stomach. His strength left him immediately, legs turned to jelly, as he fell on his knees, still holding the sword, that the king used to stab him.

“I never doubted his love.” Ryeowook whispered, as the blood went out from his stomach and mouth. His vision blurred, as he looked at the spot where Kyuhyun was a second ago. “Kyu.” Ryeowook whimpered, when he saw the prince rushing to them. The prince’s armor was covered in the blood of his opponents. His body gave up and he fell on the ground.

“Ryeowook!!!” Kyuhyun screamed, as he ran to them. The king could just turn around, when Kyuhyun’s sword pierced through him. Kyuhyun quickly stabbed the king a few times, making sure that the latter will die, as he fell on the ground. And as soon as he saw the king’s eyes closing, he rushed to Ryeowook. He threw his sword aside, as he knelt next to his dying lover.

“Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun whimpered. His eyes watered at the sight before him. He lifted Ryeowook gently, making sure he didn’t hurt him more than he already was. His one hand ran through Ryeowook’s damp from sweat and dirty hair. “My love.” Kyuhyun cried, as his eyes locked with Ryeowook’s blurry ones.

“Kyu.” Ryeowook smiled lightly. He lifted his hand with difficulty and touched Kyuhyun’s cheek lovingly. His eyes glistened with tears. His heart ached from pain. It was sad that he will die here. He was the general and always dreamed to die on the battlefield, but not now, not today. They promised each other to live, to come back safe. But Ryeowook will have to break this promise. Their promise, that was sealed with a kiss will be broken, because Ryeowook couldn’t kill his king. Couldn’t fight with his previous life.

No matter how much you cherish your new life, the old one will eventually haunt you.

But Ryeowook didn’t want to think about it right now. He wanted to think about Kyuhyun, about the man who was his everything. He remembered the first time he saw Kyuhyun. The prince was enchanting and Ryeowook, despite the huge hate that he had for him, felt something more. Something warm in his heart, as he looked at Kyuhyun. That day, when he tried to kill Kyuhyun, was the day he surrendered himself, because he wanted to live. He wanted to know the prince more.

And today he needed to surrender to death. Despite the huge strength he had and will of life, he couldn’t stop it. The warmth of his body quickly rushed from him.

“My prince. I love you.” Ryeowook whispered, making Kyuhyun smile at him, despite the tears, that were running down his face. What they didn’t see, as they drowned in each other’s last gaze, was the king’s moving body on the ground. The king wasn’t dead, but was a step away from it. He knelt up with difficulty and took a hold of his sword.

“I love you too, Ryeowook.” Kyuhyun mumbled, hugging Ryeowook even more, feeling his body turning cold. He reached and kissed Ryeowook on the lips for one last time. He could feel the coldness of Ryeowook’s lips on his. “I will love only you.” Kyuhyun added, as he moved a little to see Ryeowook’s face that turned even whiter than usual.

Suddenly Kyuhyun’s voice hitched, as the felt the king’s cold sword stab his back. The king pushed the sword all the way, piercing through Kyuhyun and Ryeowook with one sword, then fell on the ground and died.

Kyuhyun’s breathe ragged, as he felt the difficulty to breath. He hugged Ryeowook, who hugged him back. Their strength left them quickly. Senses dulled, as they half-lied on the dirty ground.

“I’m sorry that our promise is broken.” Ryeowook mumbled into the crook of Kyuhyun’s neck. His breath was shallow, blood ran a little, from the corner of his lips.

“It’s not. We will see each other in the afterlife, my love.” Kyuhyun whispered and he inhaled Ryeowook’s scent for the last time.

“Please hold me close one more time.” Ryeowook breathed and Kyuhyun did what the latter wanted.

They closed their eyes at the same time. Arms went limp and fell on their sides. Their chest stopped moving. Breaths hadn’t escaped their lips. They sat there cold and unmoved. Their bodies connected by one sword that held them together. Held their hearts, that were beating for each other. And stopped beating, when they exhaled the last amount of air.

The battle moved smoothly. Blood painted the ground. Dead bodies sowed the meadow where the battle was. Tress got new colors, as red smeared their trunks. Red ran down the river. Screams of agony and rage echoed on the field, but these two lovers sat there. Nothing could bring them to life.

 

The sky turned dark, as the stars showed up.

The battlefield ended, giving Kyuhyun’s kingdom victory, while their bodies were buried together.

The palace, where they lived, went cold; their steps will never be heard there.

The far end of the garden suddenly went silent; their laughs and cherished yells will never be heard there.

The abandoned pavilion will be, once again, left alone; their smiles, kisses and love will never be show there.

They disappeared with the wind that went through all these, taking their memories with them. They wanted to be with each other longer and they will be. They had an eternal sleep in each other’s arms.

Even if they disappeared along with the wind, they will forever be together in the afterlife.

Their bodies faded to nothing, but their souls lasted, keeping their promise.

 

 

The End