THE SILLY YOU

WHAT DO YOU WANT TO DO?

I was very sleepy and couldn’t control my eyes to keep opening again and slowly drifted to the

dreamland. I really loved it when I was able to go home earlier than expected, I just simply really loved it. The moment I was going to go completely to the dreamland, my manager’s words woke me up. “You know, you will host a music concert next month. And guess who will be your partner in hosting the concert?” I shot my eyes open only to murmur a name that had been ghosting my dreams. “Hyosung?” A satisfied but also suspicious laugh came from my manager.

“You’re right. How did you know that?” My heart seemed to be busily beating faster when I heard the answer. I mumbled some nonsense things to make my manager stop talking and it was quite successful. When I asked the details to my manager he explained everything in a too long speech that made me confused, I didn’t have time to cut him off because he kept blabbering things without knowing where to stop at.

I then pretended to listen on his words but my soul was drifting away from the reality. My eyes were half closed again, I thought. When I had run away from him with my exhausted body into my apartment room, I threw myself to the couch and slept on the position. My mind had been totally blank and I was half sleeping when the girl’s name appeared again in my head. Jun Hyosung, her name rang in my head continuously. Became a MC with her would be fun, wouldn’t it? I knew I could play with her like I had always wanted after her silly warnings. Wasn’t it ridiculous to call a single man as a taken one? Had she gone crazy or what?

The way she mocked me wasn’t bad but it did make me laugh inside. She acted too confidence sometimes, I couldn’t figure out why. The concert would be the second time I met with her, would it be good? I wanted to know her better though, she looked good as a friend, wasn’t she? My opinion was usually good so I hoped this time would be good too. Girls could be so scary and noisy sometimes, they also were hard to be controlled and I sometimes hated it. She looked like a rebellion type though, it would be a little bit hard for me, I thought.

Aish, whatever, I was so sleepy but why I couldn’t stop thinking and detailing her now? Tch, I might have gone crazy like her as well.

 

The concert was held in Japan and I had taken a flight to the place on the morning. The concert was on the evening so I thought it would be alright for me to take the morning flight. I knew my eyes were still puff but I could careless as I had worn my sunglasses. I was very ready to face the world and the problems.

I was too confidence, wasn’t I? Well…. I had to stop that ridiculous thing soon because as soon I arrived to the airport, I saw a group of people whom circling around a van, there were some reporters as well. I chuckled as I knew how it was to be in the situation, for some conditions I had been learning how to handle it anyway. When I was going to pull my luggage, my eyes were staring to a girl whom was staring to me too as well. I couldn’t say that I was staring to her eyes as our distance was too far and my eyes were covered by the black glasses. The girl and I froze for a moment and it seemed to make the group around her became confused and unhappy. My manager nudged me very hard on my back and made me groaning in pain as I looked away from the girl to my manager who was glaring on me like I had done a big mistake.

“What?” I asked, it could be said as ‘growling’ though. “Keep walking! Who told you to stare to those people?” His spicy words somehow made me realized how stupid my action was. So with the pushing words, I went into the building, hoping that maybe she had gone into her plane although I knew it was impossible as she just went inside two minutes earlier than me. My manager went to check and manage everything when I saw one of her group’s members coming out from the line where my manager was lining. Did it mean that I was going to be in one flight with her?

I tried to avoid the thought but then I sensed someone was watching me. I knew it wasn’t right to think that way because it was an airport for God’s sake! But the look felt sharp and directed to me only so I finally turned around my body and once again my eyes bumped to her figure. She didn’t wear her gummy smile, instead she was wearing her unfriendly face as she looked at me. I hated to see the hatred in her face, why did she look at me like that? Was I that annoying to her? So that, why would she care to look at me if I annoyed her that much?

Before I could do something stupid like approaching her, my manger suddenly appeared beside me and with the corner of my eyes, I saw her manager was doing the same to her too and she had lost her sight of me. My manager was giggling as he dragged me into the waiting room. I didn’t want to ask why but he decided to tell me everything and actually it was pretty irritated for me to know the information.

“So that they will be on the same plane with us, I hope you don’t make a scandal.” He winked to me as he finished his words. But then his mouth opened again, “Ah! And I’m going to sit with their manager! So you really have to try hard to behave or I’ll kick your !” And then he went silent and made himself busy with picking up his things (and some of mine) into the waiting room. I sighed as I followed him when I stopped in front of the security, I looked around and I noticed that Hyosung was heading to my direction. I hummed nervously when I saw the stern face on her, I thought that she had a bubbly personality?

She stopped right behind me and waited for me patiently, she eyed me once and then she didn’t look at me again. What was with her? I growled in annoyance as I passed the security to my waiting manager.

 

I thought that God was playing around with me and I thought that the day was the worst thing ever in that month. I knew that I had been through too many bad things at the month but I thought that one was particularly the worst! I was seated right beside Hyosung for the 6 hours trip! I couldn’t help but sighed when I looked back between the managers and her and then my seat. She glanced on me with one of her cold stare before focusing on her book. I decided to not saying anything as I placed my self beside her and relaxed my body.

I tried really hard to avoid looking at her or stealing a glance on her but….. I thought I didn’t work that good as I now glancing on her silently. It happened for a few times before I finally had to stop because now her eyes were settled on me. Her eyes felt sharp and I hated it. I tried to light the atmosphere but she kept giving me a stern gaze and being stubborn. Growled in hatred, I rubbed my eyes tiredly.

“What?” She finally talked for the first time when I gave her my begging look. “Why do you look different today?” I asked almost eagerly to know the answer because I was too curious. She gave me one last cold look before sighing and leaning on her chair. She shook her head as she tried to focus on her book again. Annoyed because she didn’t want to respond me, I leant closer to her until my face was only a few centimeters away from her. “Why wouldn’t you answer me?” I thought that my voice surprised her as she gasped and tried to avoid me by pushing my face away from her.

“Stop it.” She hissed, I tilted my head in pure confusion. What the heck with this girl? Why she changed a lot since our first encounter? “Hey, listen,” I paused a moment to grab on her wrist and to make her facing me “I think we can be friend, don’t you think? We can be friend slowly and when you’re in a problem, you can call me and tell me everything.” She looked at me in disbelief as if I had told her something crazy.

“Don’t you remember that we’re different? I’m an idol and you’re an actor. I’m 4 years younger than you!” She was looking at me with a pout which actually drove me crazy. As far as I wanted to tell her that I like her, I knew that I had to make a slow move with this girl. Because she didn’t look like an aggressive type or a wild one. She might look y outside but whatever inside her was still a mystery for her. I promised myself that I would make her mine. Someday, I thought.

Her urgent voice made me realizing where I was and focused my attention on her again as she spoke up, “But..” She looked at me hesitantly before continuing, “Are you telling me that we can be friend like a close one? The one who hangs out continuously and shared their experience? Is that the friendship you’re offering to me?” I wanted to laugh as I got too absorbed with her expression at the time. She looked really cute and childish too from this point. I really liked to see her like this and deep inside I knew I didn’t want to share her with anyone. Not with anyone meant she could only did that only to me. Why did I become possessive over little things about her?

She was still waiting for my answer as her eyes were still in a bigger size and eyed me in a begging look. “I could do that for you.” I said softly, patting her head as if she was my little sister. She smiled sincerely and nodded happily. We chatted for some things and she became sleepy, I could see her eyes were getting dimmer as time passed by. I told her to sleep but she insisted that she was okay and so, when she successfully fell asleep, she had her head on my shoulder. I chuckled on her awkward situation. I wanted to wake her up but her tired face didn’t let me to let her go that easily. So I slowly and carefully put her to her seat and left her to sleep. I whispered to her, “I think you’re a stubborn girl, aren’t you?” and I slowly lay back to my seat and slept.

 

Hyosung and I had to separate as our hotels were different and quite far in distant. I waved to her at first and she too waved to me. I was going to step into my van when I remembered that I didn’t have her phone number. So, instead of climbing into my van, I ran to her van and knocked her van until she came out. She looked a bit pissed off by my act but also suspicious. “You didn’t give me your number.” I said simply. She looked at me like I was an idiot before burst into laughter and gave me her number, “Can’t you ask me with a more normal way?” She asked sweetly when we were finished our business. I smiled sweetly to her.

Something that I didn’t expect came from her, she tip-toed and pecked my cheek. I froze for a moment before suddenly a sentence slipped out from my lips unconsciously, “Your sister-in-law would be very angry if she found out you pecking me on my cheek.” I regretted what I said as her face went into a cold statue and then she left me just like that. My manager came with an angry face and I didn’t debate with him as I followed him silently to the van.

When we arrived at the hotel, my mind couldn’t stop thinking about my mistake earlier. I wanted to ask sorry for her but I didn’t know how or when but then the realization hit me hard. Weren’t I and her were the MCs for the night? I thought about that and I knew I had a great plan. A knock heard from the outside and I quickly opened the door. My manager glared on me, “Are you going to go to the rehearsals without washing yourself first?” His words wakened me up from my thoughts as I rushed into the bathroom and washed myself. When the cold-water trailing downs my body, I really loved the feeling. It felt like I was told to forget every problem I had and just enjoyed my bath. But I couldn’t stay too long in the bathroom as I was in a rush because of my careless acts.

My manager didn’t say a lot as he threw the clothes to me from the stylist noona and told me to wear them. I obeyed him and when he dragged me to the van, I didn’t complain like I usually did. “You’re quite. It’s strange.” He commented before going into the van as well, leaving me dreaming like usual when I was in the car. I was having this urge to check my phone when I realized that my phone wasn’t with me. I started touching the pockets but there was nothing in my pockets. “Hyung!!” I yelled and made my manager to cover his ears. “What?” He answered rudely as he rubbed his ears. “I think I have left my phone behind!! Can we go back?! Please?!” I was almost crying, that phone was so damn important for me now. I hadn’t saved Hyosung’s number, my CEO was usually calling to the number and I had some things to be discussed with my friends this night.

“We can’t go back. It’s already too far from the hotel.” My manger stated in a stern voice, what was with people and their stern voices to me? “But…..” “Here” He threw something to me which a moment later I realized as my bag. I quickly opened it and roamed my hands inside the bag, looking for my cell phone and when I found it, I screamed in victory.

“You’re such a kid.” My manager nagged as he kept his eyes straight to the roads. “Thank you, hyung!” I squealed. The rehearsals went very smoothly and I enjoyed every moment I took with glancing on Hyosung who was standing on my side almost all of the time. She looked different with her wet hair, I bet she just went bathing when she arrived in her hotel. I was going to greet her when she rudely rejected it. “Hey.. Hyosung!” I patted her back with energy. She shrugged it off like I was just dust. “Don’t touch me.” “Huh? What’s wrong?” I was too confused, why she could change just like that? She changed too easily!

“I forgot that you have a girlfriend. It would be a burdensome if you make a friend with me.” She said again before going away and leaving me alone in the stage. I gasped, couldn’t believe that she could be heated up by my words before. Did I disappoint her too much? Why did she become so spoiled like this? I thought she was strong though….

Whatever, I ran to her and grabbed her wrist. She struggled to get free from me but I dragged her away from the crowd to a silent corner of the place where could make us invisible and peacefully talked about everything. “Are you jealous?” My to-the-point question seemed to bother so much that she looked at me sharply again, for the nth times in the day. “Hyosung, answer me. Are you jealous?” She seemed bothered by the question but she kept being stubborn as she didn’t want to answer it. She remained shut. I became impatient with her act and when I was impatient, things could happen out of my control. I kissed her and I forced her to reply my kiss, she didn’t reject it though. I could sense that she enjoyed the kiss too. I pulled apart from her but her eager lips didn’t let me go. I somehow could detect the emotion mixed in the kiss but then she slowly stopped the kiss. My hands were bringing her body closer to me, one of my hands was on the back of his head while the other one was on her hips. She bowed and it made me hard to look at her.

“Hyosung?” I called for her but I didn’t get answer. I wiped the sweats from her forehead and that was when she lifted her head up to look at me. She looked pale and uncertain about something, I knew it. “Why did you kiss me?” Her soft voice sent me shivers to my body. “Because I just can’t resist you,” I replied. She looked at me blankly and it really made me annoyed. I thought that everything was going to the wrong direction that day. “I think we have gone to the wrong direction.” She mumbled in a low tone but I could hear it, she didn’t mean it to be not audible, she wanted it to be audible. “We’re not! If you don’t like me or if you didn’t like the kiss, why did you reply the kiss?” I asked back sharply. My mature side seemed to come out slowly.

“I… You have a girlfriend already!” She shouted. I looked at her in disbelief and anger. “Listen! I don’t have one! And if you want me, I will be yours! Because I want you too!” My words hit her hard, I could see it from the expression of her face. She was shocked and too stunned with my words and my honesty. I thought so, I didn’t know too much about women. “But…” Her voice went into whispers which I couldn’t hear. “Hyosung, let’s take it slow.” I finally able to control my emotion as I once again brought her into my embrace and slowly brought her closer to my body.

“If you want me, let’s have a chance to know each other better. We can be in a relationship when we’re ready.” I explained and when I explained it to her, her eyes were still empty and blank from life. “Hyosung, you don’t need to answer it now.” I whispered before I left her alone on the corner, letting her to think about it.

Was I too easy in telling her about my feeling? Was I too fast confessing to her? And the most important questions were : Why did she think that I had a girlfriend? Would she accept my offer?

I sighed very hard as I came onto the stage again, ignoring the noisy crews whom shouted in surprise when they saw me going to the stage again. And probably followed by Hyosung behind my back. I didn’t say anything to her that night when the concert happened and she didn’t say anything too. We were becoming awkward in everything and I had failed to control my emotion once again when she avoided my gaze that night. I thought that I had done the biggest mistake in my love life at the moment.

 

“You’re different and silly. I like you.”