Chapter: 14 (Jenny's POV)

The Switcheroo

Chapter 14- Problem Solved?


Jenny's POV

"Isn't she just beautiful?" I heard myself say as I gazed over at the bundle of joy that was in the arms of a woman who was just as beautiful, her eyes holding as much love and care as the feeling her warm embrace with the baby gave off. Just the scene alone brought a soft smile to my face.

"She sure is." Another lady said in agreement, putting an even brighter smile on the mother's face, so bright that it was hard for me to look away, not to glance at who the lady that agreed with me was. 

So this is what having a child feels like...

Her brown eyes remained on the child a few moments more before they shifted towards me. That's when I started to notice that she held a striking resemblance to Seunghyun's sister but before I could linger on the topic a few seconds more, her voice instantly pulled me out of my thoughts as she said, "You wanna hold her?"

"W-who, me?" I asked, surprise very evident in my voice and probably my face as well. She could probably tell that I've never held a baby before. Well, not a real one anyway.

She nodded her head before beckoning me over with her free hand as a light laugh started flowing from her lips. "Why, of course. You're the only one who hasn't had a turn yet," She said before adding, "You're not scared are you?"

My cheeks started to warm up a little as I slowly made my way over to her, laughing calmly even though I was a little nervous on the inside. "Maybe." I joked, causing her to laugh again as I stood by her side while glancing between her and her child.

"Don't be." She advised me as she leaned over and gently place the small infant in my arms, watching as I stared breathlessly at the sleeping child. 

She was in deed the most precious child I've ever laid eyes on but it wasn't until she opened her eyes and looked right up at me that I got lost in them. "Hi." I whispered to her as I raised my hand to touch her small one. My eyes widened when I felt her slightly grab it and a huge smile flew across my face as I watched her coo and make those cute yet quiet baby noises. 

"Amazing, isn't it?" A deep and masculine voice asked me, sounding awfully familiar, yet and still I didn't take my eyes off of the baby to see who it belonged to but I knew exactly what he meant before he added, "The joy that something so small can bring?"

I nodded my head in agreement. "Yeah... It is." 

"It won't be long before we have a child of our own to welcome to the world, Jenny." I heard him whisper in my ear. I tore my eyes away from the baby and looked up to see a tall and handsome guy looking down at me, a mischievous yet warm glint in his eyes.

And it was none other than Seunghyun.

"What?" I heard myself exclaim as I immediately sat up and looked around to find myself in Bom's bedroom, wrapped in her silky covers as the sound of my rapid heartbeat flowed to my ears. 

The door suddenly opened and Kris appeared with a worried look on his face. "Is everything alright, Ms. Park?"

I glanced at him while slowly nodding my head as I combed my hair back. "Yeah... It was just a dream. I'm fine." I answered reassuringly.

Seeming a bit relieved, he nodded his head and turned around stepped back out the door, leaving me with only one thing in my mind.

I had to get rid of Seunghyun...

 

I had only been here for almost 2 weeks here and the swimming pool had become my one and only true love.

The swimming pool that I had located on my second day here was located on the 3rd floor, which was made of some kind of glass material. Fortunately, there was a black line that surrounded the water so that you could tell where the floor stopped and where the pool started. There were two diving boards, one that was so high that I decided that I wouldn't try it until I summoned up some courage, and another one that was the same height as the one one at the public pool by my school.

It took nearly an hour for me to find a swimsuit in all of Bom's clothes and, in the end, they had been folded inside the very last drawer. I assumed she didn't swim very much by how new they looked. The suit itself was gorgeous, a classy cherry red two piece that popped out against my pale skin.

The water gave me a cool and calming effect as I began to swim on my back, looking up at the ceiling that seemed as high as the sky while my mind began to drift off onto important matters such as my new tutor. One thing I knew for certain was that I had a crush on him and that dream that I woke up from confirmed it. I knew then that this was going to be a big problem for me and Bom both.

If I was really and truly the real Bom, I believe that it these feelings would just fade away but because it was me I know that I won't be able to go through with it. I'd rather deal with Siwon's boring and monotone voice rather than risk my feelings for Seunghyun growing deeper only to end up being heartbroken and rejected in the end. Might as well nip it in the bud while it isn't a really big deal right now. I'll let Seunghyun tutor me this week, then call Bom's dad and tell him that I want Siwon back and to find him another job somewhere else. There, problem solved. 

Simple, right?

A sigh escaped my lips as I turned over and swam over to the edge of the pool before sliding out of the water and heading towards the larger diving board, finally feeling confident enough to try and dive. I was cut short, however, by the sound of somebody entering the room.

"Bom." 

Great. It's Siwon...

"Hey, I just met up with your father. Aren't you suppose to be at your tutoring session right now?" I heard him ask me.

I wasn't facing him so I had to turn my head, hoping that my facial expression seemed friendly. "Uh, actually Seunghyun and I have tutoring every other day of the week now." I told him.

But not for long...

Then, my curiosity started to get the better of me and I didn't see the harm in the question so I asked him, "Why were you meeting up with my dad?" It took him so long to answer that I would have repeated the question but thats when I realized that he wasn't listening. Instead he seemed to be staring at my chest, which caused me to yell, "Siwon!" as I brought both of my hands up, trying to cover myself in a failing attempt of modesty. "What are you doing?"

The boy didn't seem phased by my shock at all. "What happened to the scar?" He asked, finally taking his eyes off of my chest and shifting them to meet my gaze. "Where did it go?"

I looked at him, confusion taking shape on my face. "What scar?" I asked, saying what would be the two stupidest words possible in her situation.

"Bom?" He asked, no longer sure about who was standing in front of him and, for a moment, he just stared, and then he appeared to have come to a decision. "Who are you?"

Jenny could have hit herself on the head.