Chapter: 13 (Jenny's POV)

The Switcheroo

Chapter 13- Father Daughter Talk


Jenny's POV

I played the ride home through my mind as I let myself inside my bedroom and flopped on my bed, taking in the expensive fabric as well as the whole room for probably the hundredth time since I've been here, all at once. It was silent, of course, not at first since Seunghyun attempted to make conversation with me a few times and I, in a polite manner, spoke at all the right times until he finally got the hint that I was as tired as I pretended to be, which resulted in him not uttering a single word until he parked in front of the mansion. 

Fortunately, he wasn't at all offended by my behavior and agreed that I did have a long day that filled with nothing but learning lessons and re-learning lessons, something that I agreed whole heartedly with inside my head but rather than saying it aloud (manners remember?), I laughed and thanked him for taking the time to make sure I understood everything Siwon tried to teach me today, which was something I was actually grateful for. Then he encouraged me to eat well and go get some much needed rest but instead of saying those exact words, he said "beauty sleep" which sent the resting butterflies inside my stomach in a small frenzy before I murmured okay and quickly departing from the car.

With a deep sigh along with my eyes resting its lids for just a minute, I began to clear my mind and Seunghyun was forgotten instantly. A few minutes later the sound of a phone ringing flowed through my ears and it was only a mere moment later that Kris, the tallest of Bom's bodyguards, approached me with a phone.

I began to look at him questioningly until he mouthed, "Father," and I nodded before cradling the phone next to my face.

Not knowing how to greet him, I decided to just go with a formal hello rather than a casual 'Hey!' "Hello."

"Good afternoon. How did your lesson with Siwon go today?" This man was positively oozing good upbringing so I'm glad I had went with the more formal greeting.

"It went well. I understood the material just fine and Siwon is a really good teacher." I know it's lie but it was probably what Bom's dad wanted to hear.

I ignored the look Kris gave me as I focused on Bom's dads' response. "Really?" He said with an immaculately surprised tone. "Usually, you always find something to complain about and even though you've never spoken poorly of Siwon, you've never complimented him either."

Uh, oh...should I be worried? 

"I suppose I'm just relieved that the lesson wasn't hard." I suggested lightly. Fortunately, lying wasn't difficult for me and acting calm was something that came to me naturally.

"Well, I'm glad to hear it." He told me before pausing for a minute, almost as if he didn't want to continue. "I really am-" He paused again before saying, "Sorry...about that Jay-Z and Beyonce concert," causing me to wrinkle my nose instinctively.

Bom likes the same music that Jiyong likes? They must be getting along great...

"Don't worry about it." I said with a leveled like voice. Not a touch of bitterness was there, of course, because she had no reason to be. Bom was the one who had been stood up by him after all. "I completely understand."

Relief was detected throughout his voice as he said "Well then," before adding, "I really am glad that you're not angry with me. I know how much you were really looking forward to seeing them but I really am trying." If you would have asked me, I would say that he didn't sound very sincere but, again, not my problem.

"I know." I told him softly, almost adding the word 'dad' but then I felt like it would be too weird so I decided against it. "And I am grateful to you for it."

I could just hear the smile in his voice as he told me, "No need to be grateful. And if easy tutoring session from Siwon make you this pleasant, I'll have to have a talk with him. Maybe even give him his job back."

Uh, oh. 

I laughed lightly before suggesting, "Maybe we should give Mr. Seunghyun Choi a chance to prove himself as well."

"Hm, I guess you're right. He was valedictorian of his class and I can't just hire him and fire him before he even has his first day." He said in a thoughtful tone before adding, "Well, whatever makes you this pleasant, I'm all for it. I want to keep you this way."

Another laugh escaped my lips as I said, "Me too," before smiling, telling him goodbye once he initiated the end of our conversation. The smile never vanished as I handed the phone back to Kris.

"That went well." The tall and handsome bodyguard commented with a slight mandarin accent flowing through. It was the first complete sentence any of the guards had directed to her.

I nodded my head in agreement while saying, "Yeah, it did," in a thoughtful tone. I have to admit, I kind of like Bom's dad. He didn't attempt to have one of those long drawn out family discussion that my parents always tried to whip up and he didn't really seem to expect much out of Bom. My own parents weren't exactly overbearing or forceful but they always wanted me to be more social and more friendly, like my brother.

Here, people seemed happier when I was just myself.