Breathe

This Love

~Yongguk~

 

 

Where was Eunhee?

She was gone. Someone had taken her away.

I was fuming, terrified, I was murderous. Where had she been taken? How dare they take her from me, how dare they try to split us apart.

It had been several days, and her absence was taking its toll on me. I needed her, everything was falling apart without her. I had to find her; I needed to take her back.

I just had to go about it carefully. I’d listen and ask around. I’d find her, no matter what.

 

“Where is Eunhee? I haven’t seen her recently, and I was planning on asking her if she wanted to meet up some time soon, but I can’t seem to reach her at all” I asked the waitress who had come to serve me casually.

She giggled. “Oh, that’s so sweet. I’m sure she’d be super happy to meet up with you. She hasn’t been at work recently, and Mehi called up and said that she was staying with her” the waitress frowned. “Maybe Eunhee is unwell or something.”

I felt cold fear flood into me. Was she alright? Was she hurt? It just made me want to take her back all the sooner. I would go insane without her.

“Who’s Mehi?” I asked, feigning confusion, when all I wanted to do was grab the young woman and get out all the information I needed, and then run to where Eunhee was and grab her and take her away. I was so angry, I needed her, and someone had taken her from my side, from my sight. I had to be careful not to be blinded by my own anger, that was the extent of my rage, but instead I acted normally, and masked it.

“Oh Mehi? She’s another waitress that works here” she smiled. “She’s a nice girl”

I sighed. “Dang… I guess if Eunhee is staying with her I won’t be able to meet up with her before I leave town”

The waitresses face fell. “Oh you’re leaving?”

I almost laughed. Of course not, at least not until I got Eunhee back. It was just an excuse to strengthen my reason to see her.

“Yeah, I wanted to see her before I went” I sighed, lying smoothly.

She pouted, before smiling. “Look, seeing as this is a special case, would you like me to get Mehi’s number and address for you? And then you can call up and try to organize something with Eunhee before you leave or something”

I looked up, hopefully. “Oh really? Would you be able to do that for me?”         

She nodded cheerfully. “Sure! I’ll just pop around the back and get it for you; it’s probably with all the information on our employees that we keep”

I grinned. “Thanks”

She nodded, smiling before walking back towards the counter. I looked down at my steaming hot mug of coffee that had just been delivered to me, unable to contain my grin. Everything was going well; I just had to tread carefully.

                                                                                             ~~~~

 

It was dark, and my apartment was cold. I was standing in the kitchen, next to my opened drawer, the utensils lying all over the floor. Spoons, forks, knives, everything lay on the cold tiles of the floor. I lifted up the final knife that sat in the drawer and let it drop with a clatter, joining the rest of the forgotten utensils. I looked down into the drawer with disgust. I reached in and grabbed the slim paper boxes, plastic containers and papers, walking over to the sink.

I slowly pulled the paper boxes open and reached in, pulling out the pills that were wrapped in plastic and foil. I almost laughed when I began to pop open each of the tablets one by one from their casings, and crushed them with a meat hammer that I had laid down next to the sink. Once I had emptied all the containers of the pills that they held inside and crushed them with the meat hammer, I turned the water on full blast and watched satisfied as the whitish powder was swept into the drain. I turned to the papers that the doctors had given to me, prescribing me to the medication that I had just destroyed, and began to laugh as I lit them on fire from the corners with a cigarette lighter that I happened to have on me. I watched, mesmerized as the papers blackened and curled, before falling like black petals into the sink, the still running water washing it all into the depths of the pipes.

I continued to laugh, all the traces gone. It was all a lie anyway. I never needed them, I never wanted them, especially now that I had Eunhee. I had been putting it off for too long, but now the time had come to make sure nothing else interfered.

“Eunhee. Wait for me” I whispered to myself as I reached into my pocket and drew out the small sticky note that I had placed there earlier, a number and address scrawled on it.

I would go to the place where Eunhee was being kept, and take her back. She was mine, and I needed her, just like she needed me.

“We’ll be together soon” I murmured to myself as I lit the paper boxes and plastic containers alight in the sink, the white plastic turning into black sludge, the boxes burning with a bright intensity that made my eyes ache. There was a dull aching in my head, my eyes continued to throb dully and my body ached. Everywhere I looked was too bright, the whiteness making my head spin. I felt so tired, but so alive. It was time to go and get Eunhee. I was letting go of everything else, because I didn’t need any of it anymore. All I needed was Eunhee, and now that I had let go, all I had to do was go and get her, and I'd finally be able breathe freely.

I left the remaining embers burn dully in the sink before turning the tap on and letting it all run into the drain, turning the tap off as soon as I was done. I walked from the kitchen towards my front door, pulling on my shoes and locking the door behind me.

I looked up. I had a reason, a purpose.

Eunhee.

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yay~ I was able to write this chapter easily, although I'm not sure if it's any good or not! :/

Please tell me what you think and feel free to subscribe!

bye~!