Lost

This Love

 

~Eunhee~
 
I woke up on my back, in the cold. I shivered and stared up at the white ceiling above me, dazed and confused. Where was I? It was extremely dim, I could barely see anything. I craned my neck to the side, wincing as my joints cracked. My whole body hurt.
There was a wooden cupboard on the other side of the room, and that was about it. I turned to the other side and realized I was lying in a bed that was besides a wall. I sat, the world spinning for a moment, my vision slowly coming back into focus, the blurred edges sharpening until I was sure I was no longer dizzy.
I didn’t know where I was, and slowly my memories trickled back from the last few things I remembered.
Mehi. She had been hurt, and someone had dragged me away, leaving her all alone.
It felt like a horrible nightmare, and I was the victim, struggling to escape. I buried my face into my hands and sat that way for a while, the blankets piled around me as I shivered in the cold, gloom of the small room.
I had to escape. I had to get away.
I slowly got out of bed, my body hurt. I wondered how long I had been here for. I shivered once I stood up, the warmth from the blankets already leaving me. I walked to the door and reached out, my hand on the handle. I slowly opened it, the hinges making a soft creaking sound. I flinched and begged internally that no one would be there to catch me. I stuck my head out and peered into the gloom. I definitely didn’t recognize this place. It was bare and cold, the silence almost felt loud.
I squeezed my way through the door and stood for a moment, almost amazed that I had made it outside of the room I had woken in. I looked around and began to creep down the hallway, praying that I would not be found.
As I continued to walk, I began to realize just how big the building was. It was old looking, made from wood. It was like a maze. I walked past a stairwell and looked up, the floor above me semi visible. I could see the posts that would stop anyone from falling, and I shivered. Everything seemed to creak, and I was growing more and more paranoid with each second. I began to look around frantically, using my hands to find my way around.
I nearly began crying when I spotted a large, heavy looking wooden door, almost running over to it, my eyes wide as I realized that I had a chance to escape. I reached out my hand, pulling on the metal handle uselessly. It was locked, and the stress was getting to me, I was panicking and I couldn’t stop it.
I smacked my hand onto the door, pulling and shaking the handle pointlessly. It wouldn’t budge, I couldn’t get out. I began to sob, everything was wrong. No, no, I didn’t want this. I didn’t want it to be like this. My thoughts were a jumbled mess; I was beginning to lose all self-control, just like a trapped animal in a cage. I rattled the handle for several seconds longer before abandoning it, all thoughts of remaining calm and composed gone. My thoughts had turned blank from panic, and I was running on instincts now.
I began to run from room to room, pulling at doors and windows. They were all locked, closed tight, trapping me from the outside world. I began to hyperventilate as I continued to scramble and stumble my way around the large house.
I reached the stair well and ran up, using the wooden bars to help me as I ran. I reached the top, my feet making soft sounds as I ran over the old faded red carpet. I ran, terrified, taking quick glances into each of the rooms, darting in and out to try the windows and doors.
The world was spinning. I wanted to leave, I wanted to get out. I spotted a wooded slat shutter window, realizing it was my last chance. I had run out of all other options and this was the last room for me to enter.
I took several deep breaths, trying to regain control of myself. I was acting like an idiot, I had to stay calm. I repeated those words until I felt able to work at things calmly again.
I crept over to the window, my breaths coming out in soft pants, my eyes wide as I tried to take everything in. It was so dark. From what I could tell, I had ended up in a storage room of sorts, it smelt old and dusty, I could vaguely see boxes piled up around me.
I reached out and pulled on the handle of right side of the slat window, praying it would open.
It let out a soft creak, and I felt myself instantly brighten in hope, it seemed to shake a little, its frame already old and rotted.
“Please open. Please open” I begged.
I tugged, and it moved slightly, but the wooden frame was old and swollen with water, and it stuck. I had to be careful. The handle was rusty and the rotted wood could give way, and if it broke I would have to smash it down.
I pulled again, and it moved a tiny bit more. I could feel the two sides of the wood sticking together from the pressure.
“No no no no” I muttered to myself, as it let out a high pitched squeaking sound.
And then, without warning, it suddenly opened.
I stood, stunned as I stared outside. The window let out to a slate roof, high off the ground. I walked over and stuck my head out, breathing in the smell of the air. Oh.
It was so weird. Everything felt so weird, and I couldn’t understand what was going on. I could leave. I stepped up onto the edge of the window, and carefully climbed out. I stood staring around me. I could tell it was definitely an old building; it looked almost like a home from the Victorian era, which was unusual. Why would I be here?
I shrugged it off. It was time for me to leave.
I took a few steps out, and looked down over the edge of the roof, the ground below me. Where ever I was seemed remote, and already I was calculating methods to get help. I had to do something. I was all alone, but there had to be someone that would help me.
I scanned the edge, realizing that I had nowhere to climb down from. I cursed mentally and began to ready myself to jump down, even though I’d probably hurt myself.
I closed my eyes and jumped lightly from the roof, and for a moment it felt like I was flying, but before I could even fully leave the edge, I was yanked back.
I fell backwards and stumbled backwards, tripping and being pulled back onto the roof by the force of who ever had pulled me, landing on them.
“Eunhee! What the hell are you doing?!” I heard a startled voice cry from besides my ear, and I turned my head to see Yongguk wincing from me falling onto him.
Yongguk
I spun around and scrambled onto my hands and knees, facing him.
“Oh my god, Yongguk oppa!” I whispered
“What?” He said, looking confused.
“You were kidnapped too? I woke up and all the other windows and doors were locked, I was trying to escape, come on, let’s go before the person that kidnapped us finds us” I tugged on his hand, my words coming out in a jumbled rush as I tried to stand up.
But he pulled me back down.
And he laughed.
I stared at him, bewildered, unable to understand how he could laugh. Maybe the stress from being kidnapped had made him a little crazy. I shook his shoulder lightly, scared.
“Yongguk oppa, it’s not funny, we need to leave” I begged.
He laughed even harder; his deep voice seemed to resound throughout all the empty space.
“What are you talking about?” he chuckled. “Kidnapped?!” he began to laugh again.
“Yongguk….?” I whispered, shaking on his shoulder.
“You weren’t kidnapped, I brought you here” he chuckled.
I stared at him, incredulously.
“What?”
He looked at me, suddenly serious.
“You kept vanishing from my side and it made me angry. I didn’t like you leaving- I didn’t want you to go”
I began to shake my head, letting go of his shoulder and backing away from him. “No. No, you’re lying. Does that mean you hurt Mehi? No, Yongguk oppa, don’t lie to me” I trembled as I watched him, his expression suddenly dark at the mention of Mehi.
“It doesn’t matter, does it? We’re together now, so you don’t need to worry about Mehi or anything for that matter. I’m here; I’ll take care of you”
I couldn’t believe his words; it had to be a lie, some sort of prank that he had planned all along. It couldn’t be true. I knew him, we were friends, and he wouldn’t do something like this. I didn’t want to believe it, and I couldn’t make sense of what he had just said.
“Please, please tell me this is a lie” I begged him.
He smiled.
“Is that what you want? If it’s what you want I’ll make it that way”
I couldn’t get it, what the hell was he thinking? Was he insane?
I suddenly felt very sick, and the world seemed to spin.
“Yongguk oppa… I think I need to leave here, I don’t feel so good”
He instantly seemed to become worried, and he stood up, helping me up gently.
“I’ll take you back to your room, come on” he said, his voice soft.
I nodded weakly and let him take me back through the window, climbing into through behind me before leading me back down the stairs.
My mind felt blank, I was in such a state of shock that I could barely function. I wanted to cry, scream beg him to tell me it was a lie and that he’d take me home… but I couldn’t.
I couldn’t even muster the strength to speak.
I felt so lost, and my body felt cold, my head ached from all my thoughts.
I barely even realized that he had led me all the way back to the room I had started off in, I realized that I was too stunned to even care that I had failed in my escape.
He tugged on my hand gently and led me into the semi dark room, and I sat down on the bed, my eyes wide as I stared at the floor in front of me.
It was a lie, it had to be. Yongguk was a good person, he’d never hurt Mehi, or anyone, he wasn’t crazy, he wouldn’t do these things.
“You need to rest, you’re still not used to the change, I understand” his deep voice was gentle and hypnotizing, and I laid down, pulling the blankets around me, my eyes still wide and blank. This was all too much for me to handle.
I had always been weak when it came to stress, and I knew I had panic attacks and worried too much for my own good.
But this, this was my breaking point.
I laid in the bed, curled up, my mind a mess from all my thoughts.
Every fibre of my body was telling me that the situation I was in was wrong, but my mind kept telling me that Yongguk was a good person, and it was just a joke.
I shivered, and he placed his hand onto my forehead, brushing the hair from my face.
He smiled. “You’ll be fine, everything will be fine, we’re together now”
His hand left my face, and I felt him leave the room, and yet again I was encased in the darkness, but this time my own thoughts kept me up, torturing me slowly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Everyone....
I AM SO SO SO SO SORRY FOR SUCH A SLOW UPDATE, PLEASE FORGIVE ME....
I have been so busy, I have so much school work, it's unbelievable. 
And, just when I thought I had time to update, my family suddenly received news that one of my mums closet childhood friends passed away, which was a great shock and everything was a mess for awhile and I totally forgot.
I'm still somewhat crushed by all my assignment and school work, but the holidays are soon so hopefully things will smooth out. 
Please forgive me! *cries*
Also, I don't know how to feel about this chapter, I didn't think it was too great, but Idk :/
please tell me what you think and feel free to subscribe~
sorry again! ಥ╭╮ಥ 
until next time!~