Harmless

This Love

~Yongguk~

 

For me, it had gotten to a point where I felt suffocated without her. Each breath I took was laboured and pained. I was too worried, all the time, that she’d suddenly leave and I’d never be able to find her again. I didn’t want to be alone again.

When we were together and I was able to be beside her, everything made sense and worked perfectly. When she was gone, and I was alone again, everything was a mess, I was worried, too worried all the time, afraid that someone else would take her and she’d vanish.

I couldn’t let that happen.

I couldn’t let this chance slip through my fingers.

So I took things to the next level.

I found a supplement for when I wasn’t able to be with her directly.

It was easier than I expected, much easier, and I was glad. I watched her from afar, and it was peaceful. I was able to watch her quietly as she sat by the big window in the library, I saw how she bit her lip as she concentrated and sighed when she grew frustrated, but I was also able to see as she smiled when she managed to figure something out from the large text book in front of her, flipping the pages, her eyes quickly scanning the text in front of her.

I was able to see through the large glass front doors how she talked to the woman at the front desk as she borrowed the text book, simply shrinking back into the shadows as she walked past me, my existence going unnoticed.

I walked along behind her as quietly as possible, studying her every movement, mesmerized as I watched her try and warm herself from the cold. 

But I must have done something wrong, because for some reason unknown to me, she turned, and stared.

But I was good at being hidden and her gaze seemed to slide over me, and I remained unseen, for now.

But as we continued to walk, I realized she seemed jumpy and nervous, and I felt bad for her, she seemed scared, so I decided to let her see me, so she knew I was there, and would understand I was looking out for her, so nothing would hurt her.

But when she saw me, she froze. I was pretty far away, and she probably didn’t recognize me, and it bothered me. She wouldn’t understand, she’d misunderstand, I decided to walk over to her, but when I took a step towards her, she suddenly seemed to come to life again, and she began to run.

She ran.

From me.

I couldn’t understand why she’d run from me.

I felt wounded, it hurt.

I was left standing, bewildered, watching as she fled from me, quickly disappearing around the corner. I stood there for a while, unable to comprehend what I had done wrong. I was harmless, I was harmless. I hadn’t done anything to her, why did she run? The same questions continued to blur through my mind over and over, each time leaving me more confused than before.

I stalked my way home, fuming. I must have done something; I must have done something wrong to make her misunderstand. I felt foolish and I hated myself for it and I realized next time I’d have to be better, be more careful, so that next time she would come willingly to me.

I returned home, with a damaged pride, but I did have one fruit from my labour.

I slowly spread the photos out over my bed, carefully selecting one and tacking it to my wall lovingly.

Eunhee.

They were all of her, so I could see her whenever I wanted and needed.

There were photos of her frowning as she mulled over a question, photos of her smiling as she talked to strangers, photos of her flipping pages of her text book, photos photos photos. All the photos I had taken of her throughout the day.

I continued to tack up photo after photo, finally grinning once I was done.

And as I sat in my bed, staring at the small patch of my wall that was covered in perfection, the coldness making my skin numb and my fingers hurt, I couldn’t help but laugh, because my plan would work, I would make it work and she would come to love me just as much as I loved her.

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hi there ^^

Just a short chapter today, I still hope you enjoy it though!

I did write this chapter beforehand, but my laptop crashed and I lost all my work, so I had to rewrite it all over again and this is how it turned out second time around haha

I got another upvote! wow! Thank you so much! 

Well, I don't really have anything else of importance to say, so I'd better go before I start rambling.

Please tell me what you think and feel free to subscribe!

 

bye~!