Fresh

This Love

 

~ Eunhee~
 
“Eunhee!” I heard one of the other waitresses call from the counter.
“Yes?” I replied, rushing over to her. She’d been working for much longer, so she had been showing me what to do.
“It’s raining a lot, so there might be a few customers coming by to take shelter in here so go and take a few orders” she instructed.
“Okay”
I walked out; already most of the people had been seated for quite a while. Children were sipping on hot chocolates while the adults were drinking mugs of coffee. I peered out of the large glass front window and sighed. My shift was nearly over and it was still raining heavily. I had to walk home and I hadn’t brought an umbrella.
I sighed again and clutched my notepad to my chest, staring dully out into the pouring rain.
Suddenly there seemed to be a break in the rain and sunlight streamed into the café from outside, making me wince. I could see the raindrops falling outside, the sunlight reflecting off them to make hundreds upon hundreds of miniature rainbows.
I stood, staring like a total idiot. It was pretty.
The sunlight seemed to fade away, the clouds must have moved back over the sun, and everything seemed dark again. I blinked stupidly.
The soft tingling of the bell snapped my attention up to the door, and I watched as it opened and a young man entered.
I couldn’t see his face, he was looking down towards the ground, but I could see that he didn’t look well. He was soaking wet and seemed to be shivering slightly, his shirt clung to his body, the fabric slightly see through from the rain, his hair was dripping and he looked pale.
“Oh my goodness! You’re soaked!” I cried, instantly worried for him.
His head snapped up, and his eyes met mine. I blinked, a little shocked at how alive his eyes seemed to be. They didn’t fit his appearance. He stared at me with a strange intensity; it felt like I was staring into clouded over skies that were stormy just beyond my vision.
He grinned.
“Ah, yeah… I guess you could say that…” his voice was deep, it seemed to bounce around inside my head- like a mantra putting me into a trance.
I stared at him blankly for a few seconds too long before shaking my head in an attempt to clear it, blinking stupidly.
“D-do you want a towel or something?” I asked, my brow creasing slightly.
He stared at me, as if he were contemplating how he should answer.
“Yes please, that would be good”
I nodded and motioned over to the small two seater table in front of the glass window that would have usually been occupied by a couple on a date. “Just sit over there, I’ll be right back”
He nodded and I quickly went to the back of the store where the cleaning gear was stored. There’d be a towel or something like that in here somewhere…
I rummaged around in one of the big plastic tubs until my hand came into contact with something that seemed similar to a towel. I pulled it out and smiled. It was just what I had been looking for. I grabbed another long-ish hand towel and walked back out, half expecting for him to be gone; he didn’t seem like someone that would stick around for too long.  
But he was there.
He was sitting, staring out the window, his face resting on his hand. It was all very picturesque.
I wandered over quietly, not wanting to disturb him.
“Umm. I brought some towels”
He looked up immediately, straightening up before smiling.
“Thanks”
He reached over and took the towels from me gently; all his movements were soft and fluid.
I watched silently as he began to dry himself. What a weird thing to see in a café- a young man drying his hair as a waitress stood by, watching. I smiled quietly to myself. Oh well. The café was nearly empty anyway.
After a while he put the towel down carefully, already his complexion seemed to have improved, maybe it was just because he had been cold. He smiled.
“Thank you for that…” he paused and looked at me curiously, as if he were expecting something from me.
“Eunhee, I’m Eunhee” I said quickly, realizing he wanted my name.
He paused slightly. “Eunhee?”
I stared at him, slightly confused before he suddenly broke into a large grin.
“Eunhee…” he smiled. “Nice to meet you. I’m Yongguk”
 I smiled. “Nice to meet you too… Yongguk sshi” I trailed off, unsure as to how I should address him.
He grinned. “You don’t have to be so formal… Just call me Yongguk… or oppa” he laughed.
I stared at him as he laughed. He seemed like a totally different person when he smiled. I shook my head and blushed. “O-Okay…”
He stood up and stretched slightly, I could see the muscles of his stomach as his shirt lifted as he stretched. He was still slightly pale and his clothes still looked damp, and as I continued to watch him it hit me. He looked like a rich guy… he was dressed like an idol, his clothes seemed expensive and fashionable, he was certainly good looking enough to be one. Why was he in such a bad state at a place like this?
He looked down at me, his expression quizzical. “What?”
I blinked stupidly, realizing I had been staring at him. I blushed.
“Nothing…” I tried to change the subject. “Will you be leaving soon?”
He nodded. “Hm… I should… but I don’t really want to yet” he smiled sheepishly.
I smiled. “My shift is almost over…” I looked up at the clock on the wall, realizing that my shift had actually ended five minutes ago. “Oh. Actually, I can leave now” I grinned.
He smiled. “Are you walking?”
I nodded and began untying my apron. “Which way did you walk from?” I asked.
He frowned slightly. “Huh…” he seemed to be deep in thought for a few moments. “I live in the big apartment complex just a few blocks away”
I nodded and smiled. “We must live close to each other” I slung my apron over my arm. “I’ll just go out to the back and sign out and grab my stuff, then we can leave” I blushed, realizing that I had already made it seem like we had to walk together even though I hadn’t asked properly. “Er… that is… if you want to walk with me?” I added in quickly.
He chuckled. “Sure, I’d love to. I’ll wait here for you” He looked at me, his eyes bright.
I smiled gratefully at him and ran to the back of the café, quickly grabbing my bag, slinging it over my shoulder and scribbling my name onto the sign out slip.
I rushed back to the front and was relieved to see Yongguk silently waiting for me by the door.
“Looks like the rain has cleared up… maybe not for long though” he said more to himself before turning and smiling at me. “Ready?”
I nodded. “Yep”
He opened up the door and we stepped outside into the cool air.
“You live at the apartment complex too?” he asked.
I smiled sheepishly. “Depends which one… I live in the shabby unsophisticated one next to the big and extremely sophisticated one because I’m trying to keep it cheap seeing as I’m paying for my university fees”
He nodded and chuckled. “We’re neighbours”
Huh. He was rich then… The fact that he lived in the recently opened apartment complex already gave me a good enough idea that he had quite a fair bit of spare cash. I had looked up the monthly fee of living there when it had just opened up out of curiosity and had nearly passed out at the alarming figure before me.
“How long have you lived there for?” I asked.
He pondered it for a few seconds before answering. “Hm. About 2 months now?”
“Oh! So you haven’t been there for too long! I’m surprised we hadn’t met already!”
He nodded slightly. “I was really busy, my parents kept interfering in my move, they made my life unnecessarily difficult for quite a while there… and unpacking took me ages, so I was too busy sorting things out and unpacking really” he paused before smiling “You can say in the last week or so I’ve finally moved in properly and settled down”
I smiled up at him. “It must be a relief to finally have sorted everything out!”
He nodded “extremely”
We walked in silence for a while longer until he spoke again, his deep voice easy for me to hear.
“So you’re taking course at University?”
I groaned at the thought. “Ergh. You could say that… it’s not going too well for me really”
He looked at me, his expression curious. “Why is that?”
I huffed. “I thought I chose the course for me… but it’s not really working out…” I sighed sadly. “To be honest I feel like my life is a mess at the moment, I’m juggling studying and work and ergh, it’s exhausting”
He nodded and smiled sympathetically at me. “I can see what you mean, it does sound rather tiresome”
I nodded and sighed again. “The thing is, I give up really easily too, so I’m struggling to keep myself motivated”
He nodded and suddenly patted me on the head.
“Hey, don’t worry about it too much, I’m sure everything will work out” he smiled and lowered his arm back down to his side, before stuffing both his hands into his pockets.
“Well, I’m guessing this is your place?” he looked up at the shabby looking apartment block before smiling at me.
“Yeah…” I sighed before looking at up at him. “It was nice meeting you Yongguk…oppa”
He grinned. “Likewise. Hopefully we can meet again sometime” he smiled a sincere smile.
I laughed. “Yeah, sorry for bothering you with troubles like this, we only just met today” I frowned.
He laughed. “I don’t mind. It was nice talking to you”
I nodded and bowed slightly before turning and walking to the entrance of my apartment block, walking to the elevator and pressing the button. After a few moments the doors slid open and I stepped inside, pressing the fifth floor button.
Just as the doors began to slide shut, I looked up for some unknown reason, something must have caught my attention, maybe it was just a weird sixth sense kicking in, and it only lasted for a fraction of a second, far too fast for me to be sure…
…but I could have sworn that Yongguk was still standing on the other side of the road, the rain beginning to fall again, watching me silently.
 
~~~~~~~~
Ok I'm sorry that I haven't updated, this is the first chapter /sob sob/
Please tell me what you think and feel free to subscribe!
I'll try to update on a regular basis (but I'm so lazy~so I'll apologize in advance for failing~ /crying/)
 
byee~♡