03: The Meaning of "UGLY"

What Not to Add in Fanfics [COMPLETE]

3/101

Are you really ugly or Pretty?

 


"Pretty" Ugly Nerds

 

 

uzz.png

Really? You call that an "ugly nerd" ?

That Ulzzang shown above in the photo is the number #1 ulzzang used commonly around AFF as a "Nerd".

Why? Because of those simple glasses she is a "NERD".

Let me show you, that "Nerd" Is the same girl below:

0.jpg

 

A definition of a nerd is someone who "DOESNT" have the looks, and the only thing that are good at is studying. Sure everyone adds that. But really, that's not a nerd.

That's a Beauty.

Just change it to a "Beautiful duckling" than a "Ugly Duckling" Will you?
 

Everyone thinks of the stereotypical nerd, that they always wear glasses and are always getting first in class.

But why not change it? Make a difference? A unique diffrence that's going to pull readers into a different unexpected theme?

For a change, a nerd no matter how much she/he studies would never get 1st in her/his class.

Or maybe a nerd who has Dyslexia.

From there, seeing a nerd who has problems studying already gets interesting at the title.

Then dont fall into a "I fell in love with the boy who helped me" and etc.

Because I took a dyslexia test and I have moderate dyslexia :00000000000000 (okay that was uncalled for)

 

You got to understand that..

Nerds are there because no boy likes them and there's no beauty behind the glasses.

Sure sometimes there is, but when everyone makes it beauty behind the glasses it makes it really predictable and you feel sick of it because you know what's coming.

The boy's heart beat uncontrollably as he saw her take off her glasses, it was like seeing a jewel in the middle of a coal mine.

 

Oh sorry, even Onew fell asleep at the boring remark.

 

Honestly, writers using Korean girls 10000000000 times prettier than them using them as Nerds,

image

 

Maybe if you used Kpop idols its a bit better because some have been in acting dramas as Nerds

and you can actually get a feel of that "Nerdiness" if you use her or him in the story.

For example:

 

tumblr_mgu9nqxEap1rlm32zo1_500.gif

tumblr_mi5swoxafC1r9p8q6o1_500.gif

tumblr_mgqbaqZAdY1r9p8q6o1_500.gif

tumblr_mi3jmtKOf11qea4ppo1_500.gif

Go Dok Mi of

She lives hidden away in Apartment 402, hiding from the world because she's too scared

of the world, too scared of people. (the GIF is meant to be slower . )

You can already see that most people have seen this drama and know her personality from her drama-

So using a character like her with the change of a name and personal information would help readers understand more

than just using "NERDS"

 

Or for a change,

Try the 14 year old Kim So hyun as Lee Su Yeon in

tumblr_me8sjsKuLK1qd19r5o1_500.gif

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

She was a depressed lonely girl because her father was accused of being a murderer,

and so at school she was called Number 27, A rubbish bin- and people would throw rubbish at her.

People telling her to die because she didn't deserve to live, she was a loner.

Once again using someone like her can give people a better idea of what a "loner" really is and how people really "bully" except for shoving in lockers and so.

 

Sometimes instead of always using 16-18 year olds, Using 14 year olds for a change isn't sch a bad idea.

I came across this story the other idea, and it's really genius.

The author used 14 year olds to cover what happens behind a school, and it doesn't cover romance-

the drama and the real stuff that happens behind 2013 schools.

 

 

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/374416/when-you-re-14-romance-rivalry-kimyoojung-middleschool-kimsohyun-school2013-14yearold

 

 

I will tell you a story that happened in Korea about a girl who wasn't as appealing as other girls.

 

 

Her name was Huh Ye Eun *허예은

A 20 year old girl, a kind sister of a disabled brother.

It already sounds like a fanfic, yes? But this is real and she actually exists.

She was always called Carrot stick, Chin hammer, etc and people told her to die because she was ugly.

 

011B434C5080A38C07C64Fdownload.jsp?FileID=23934957

%B9%E4%C1%D6%B0%C6%B3%E0_(2).jpg?type=w3

1143B93E5080E11435E481

You know, for me I still found her beautiful even before the surgery- because she has a amazing personality.

People in Korea don't believe in "Seeing beyond the face" It's Bullcrap to them.

It must really hurt for her, going through depression, nobody wanting to be her friend..

 

So she thought of a solution.

 

Surgery.

 

%B7%BF%B9%CC%C0%CE3.jpg?type=w2

 

2012-10-19_13%3B07%3B18.jpg?type=w2

 

She took a big step, taking on Plastic surgery to change into a whole new person.

She sawed her long Chin off, fixed everything- you can't imagine getting your jaws sawed off can you?

But I'm pretty sure her mental pain hurt more than the physical one she went through.

She waited 63 days wrapped around in that bandage, recovering and waiting to be her new self.

 

And the result?

 

She turned out BEAUTIFUL.

 

%B7%BF%B9%CC%C0%CE2.jpg?type=w2

30000168618_700.jpg

196C43475081174F19B992

view.html?uid=32853524&size=573x0

 

Yeah i got to admit surgery isn't really a good influnce, but can't you see how happy she is there?

I think at hr University, she turned into a really pretty and popular student

and i think she is now a model? Yeah not too sure about that one, but i think she is one (?)

Yeah so she doesn't look like Suzy or Yoona. But you know, You never know about Suzy and Yoona.

They act pretty and nice infront of the cameras. I mean, they're doing all the dancing because they want to make

money to survive. They're people too! WHo knows? After a few years of singing and dancing- maybe it aint as interesting.

Imagine fishing out alone in the sea for 5 years alone. Wuldn't be much fun Ay?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



Chapter 3---JoJoChoco

 

Any questions? Want thorough explanation? Want extra character examples?

Just feel free to Inbox me and i will get back to you

 

image