04: The Use of Korean

What Not to Add in Fanfics [COMPLETE]

4/101

Something that every author does. 


Restrain yourself, from using innapropriate Korean in English language.

 

Although the idea of using Korean is appealing. Don't. 

 

He looked over at her and though yeoppo.

Jagiya, saranghae, said my most incredibally adorable boyfriend.

Umma!  Appa! Oppa!  Look at me

Make sure you start the dinner. Neh!

Omo! Kyeopta! Do the aeygo again.

Although you may think it looks or sounds really cool, for Koreans or just anyone that's a new-comer, it's just real annoying.

Some words, are acceptable.

Like a name, and I generally accept oppa, umma, appa, noona, unnie.

But no, neh, dongsaeng, halmeoni, harabeoji, namjachinju, yeojachinju etc. 

It just looks really amateur and, not messy, but less formal perhaps. 

I see some pieces of writing, and I think, this person should have written the whole thing in Korean. 

Yah! Iliwa! Nae gabang!
Oi! Come back! My bag!

And also, people who translate their titles of their stories to Korean.

How much people on AFF, are actually Korean.

Who, wouldn't need Google Translate to turn their title Korean, or figure out what it means?

Google Translate, is often inaccurate, and I would recommend, if you have to have a Korea title, to use a song name, a movie name, something that's already out. 

It will have proper grammar, spelling, phrases that are often used.
And also, if you did that, there would be more of a chance that it would be recognised.

 

 

Names

Ohoho, here we go.

The use of the names, Minyoung, Minhee, Haneul, Minji, Yujin. 

PLEASE. 

I know some of you readers knowledge about Korean names are somewhat lacking. I don't blame you.

But when one person decides to use the name Jihye, and the fanfiction world likes the name, it tends to get repetitive and boring. 

Heck! If you must.
Try this.

Or THIS

Google is a wonderful invention.

Try Google, Korean names

Or

Korean names for my baby. That tends to work and gives a wide variety of names I think.

 



Chapter 4--Kaizzie

Comment if you have questions that need answering 

 

Short chapter? Yeah, I thought so too. But I think this concept was a bit simpler and easier to understand.