We're Gonna Need That

The Serpent's Smile

Haha was nervous as he stepped off the plane.  There was no turning back now.  He would see how well his fake papers worked.  If they didn't work, Haha was looking at a long prison sentence.  

He stepped up to the immigration/customs agent.  

Agent: Passport.  

Haha handed over his passport.  The agent flipped through the pages, checking several forged stamps from other countries and then looked at the picture.  She glanced up at Haha, who flashed a devilish smile.  The picture matched.  The agent looked through his customs declaration and saw nothing out of the ordinary.  The visa also checked out.  She stamped an empty page of the passport.  

Agent:  Thank you Mr. Ha Dong Hoon shi.  Enjoy your stay.

Haha let out a breathe of relief after passing through.  The papers worked.  He was finally back in Korea.  He rushed out to grab a cab.  There was so much work to do.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jong Kook was walking through SBS Headquarters when he saw Gary.  He was dancing.  And humming.  Gary saw him and immediately stopped but it was too late.  He'd been caught.  His face turned red as Jong Kook passed.  Jong Kook just smiled.  It was good to see Gary in a good mood.  He let it go without so much as a second glance.  

He walked into Suk Jin's office and tossed Gwang Soo's wallet on the desk as well as a copy of the picture he had taken.  "I need these analyzed for an ID."  Suk Jin looked up.  Jong Kook continued, "I took these from a man who followed me from Singapore to Tokyo.  Get on it when you can."  With that, Jong Kook walked out.  

Sukjin just sighed.  Back in the day, he'd been a field agent.  Now, he was too old to go out in the field.  He supervised younger agents and monitered them electronically.  He was a tech guru now.  A desk jockey.  He missed the good old days.  He felt so underappreciated.  Then Jong Kook popped back in his office and tossed him a small package.  "I almost forgot.  Just a little something.  From Tokyo." With that, Jong Kook walked out again.  "Tsk" huffed Suk Jin. Jong Kook was cute like that.  Opening the package, he found a package of mochi.  "Kids these days" he thought as he munched.

Jong Kook's next stop was Jae Suk's office.  "Hyung" he called as he opened the door.  The two friends hugged and then sat down.  "What's up?" asked Jong Kook.  Jae Suk filled him in on the ongoing investigation into the briefcase and runningball.  When he got to the part with Suk Jin's nametag, Jong Kook interrupted.  Repeatedly. It annoyed Jae Suk.  Jong Kook was good at his job but sometimes his meticulousness could be irritating.  Jae Suk had to explain 3-4 times before Jong Kook finally understood everything and had no more questions.  Then Jong Kook shared his story about being tailed to Tokyo.  "Hyung, are you sure you weren't followed?" asked Jong Kook when they were all caught up.  Jae Suk gave it some thought.  It didn't seem possible that he'd been tailed since he had taken a boat to Malaysia before flying to Seoul.  He hadn't noticed any tails then.  But it was possible.  If Jong Kook had been followed, it was a possibility.  "I don't know.  It's possible, but I didn't see anyone" Jae Suk said.  Whoever they were up against was quite formidable if he'd tailed Jae Suk, Jong Kook and Gary.  They had taken three different flights from two different airports to three different destinations.  Jae Suk had flown from Malaysia to Inchon, Gary from Singapore to Seoul, and Jong Kook from Singapore to Tokyo and then Tokyo to Seoul.  Following all three of them would have been very difficult.  But the fact that Jong Kook was followed meant they had to check.  They called Gary to ask him about his trip.  

Gary explained his trip.  He neglected the part about Ji Hyo though.  He didn't want to mix his personal life with work. Alright, he really just didn't want his hyungs to .  But after walking out of Jae Suk's office, Gary started having weird thoughts.  His agent training started thinking about Ji Hyo in a totally different way.  Agents were taught to not believe in coincidences and Gary was troubled by the fact that he'd run into Ji Hyo twice already.  That should have been an immediate red flag.  But before he could think about it too much, he abandoned the idea.  There was no way Ji Hyo was a spy.  That was just nonsense.  Now relaxed, Gary went back to work, thinking of a way to see her again.  He pulled out his phone.  He'd gotten her number secretly when she wasn't looking.  He started tapping away at the screen, "Hello, it's Gary.  Don't ask me how I got this number, I just knew it.  Must be cause we connect naturally.  keke.  Do you want to get dinner with me sometime?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ji Hyo saw the message.  This guy is persistent.  She had seen his totally obvious attempt to get her number but had kept quiet in order to keep her identity as a spy safe.  Now, she had to find a way to disengage.  Gary had been a total bust in terms of an information source and if she continued to see him could prove to be a huge loose end.  He was more trouble than he was worth at this point.  She sent a message back, "I'm sorry.  I have work.  I'm busy till next week at the earliest."

Minutes later, she got another message from Gary. "Next week?  So I'll see you Monday?"

Ji Hyo decided to play it cool and didn't respond.  She got back to work setting up the abandoned warehouse that served as their base.  Gwang Soo was still missing so she was doing it all alone.  She was lifting a chair when her phone rang again.  Ji Hyo smiled at the message on her phone.  It was Gary.  He was totally hooked.  It amused Ji Hyo to see how hard he was trying.  She was going to blow him off when a hand stopped her.  She looked up.  It was Haha.  “We’re gonna need that” he said.