The Nametag

The Serpent's Smile

They had the ball.  Now they had to get it back to SBS (Secret BIntelligence Service (yeah I know it's dumb but just go with it lol)) headquarters in Korea.  The problem was they didn't know who else was after the ball.  The Running Ball was very important.  It contained the names of SBS agents everywhere.  If someone were to collect all the Running Balls, every agent would be compromised.  Including all the spies who were secretely working for SBS covertly.  

To protect the ball, Jong Kook, Gary and Jae Suk decided to split up.  Each would pretend to carry the ball.  If anyone tried to take it back, they'd have to guess which one of them had the real ball.  

Jong Kook was the obvious choice to take the ball.  He was the top agent.  For a few years now he'd been the pride of SBS.  Sure, Jae Suk had seniority and was a legend but in just about every aspect, Jong Kook had surpassed Jae Suk.  He was stronger, faster, smarter.  He had incredible instincts and was litterally unstopable.  Jae Suk had seen him drag 5 people up a flight of stairs by himself.  He was better than Jae Suk in every way except one.  Jae Suk fought dirty.  In all things sneaky, dishonest, cheap and despicable, Jaesuk was the master.  He would throw sand in your face, run before the start, fake an injury before launching an attack and even attack women for an advantage.  Jong Kook was too upright to resort to such underhanded tactics.  

Gary was the dark horse. Sometimes, he surprised everyone with his random skills and ability.  Othertimes, he was just clumsy and incompetent.  Everyone agreed he could be even better than Jong Kook--in head to head practices he'd won several times--but he just was too inconsistent to take the ace title. 

In the end, they decided Jae Suk should take the ball.  Anyone who wanted the ball would probably focus on Jong Kook.  Jae Suk wouldn't attract as much attention.  Gary, they decided, was too inexperienced.  Anytime he had to lie or improvise, the odds of him messing up increased.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As the three agents left the hotel, a pair of eyes tracked them from a non-descript black sedan.  Ji Hyo turned to Gwang Soo.  "This is all your fault.  Why couldn't you just do your job.  Aish."  Gwang Soo ignored her, earning a smack on the back of his head.  "OW!  Relax, we'll get it back."  Gwang Soo took another look at the muscular man who was getting into a taxi.  That's the guy from the mortorcycle.  He looks scary.  He turned to Ji Hyo.  I'm going to take the big guy.  You can take one of the others.  Ji Hyo was watching Jae Suk and Gary.  "I'll take the guy without the glasses."  She quickly got out of the car and rushed over towards Gary as Gwang Soo drove off, following Jong Kook's taxi.

Gary shut the taxi door and waved as Jae Suk left.  When the next taxi pulled up, he opened the door and went in.  "Changi air-" he started to say but before he could complete his sentence the opposite door opened and a woman rushed in. "Driver, Changi airport please..." she said before seeing Gary.  "Oh I'm sorry....hey wait.  It's you right?  The drink guy?"  Gary blushed.  The embarrassing memory rushed back and he struggled to gather his thoughts.  "Ah yes.  You remembered."  Ji Hyo turned and started to open her door.  "I'm sorry for interrupting you..."  Come on take the bait.  Ask me to share a cab  "Wait wait you don't have to go.  You're going to Changi Airport right?  Do you want to share a cab?" Gary asked, desperate to not let this beautiful woman get away again.  

Ji Hyo turned back and flashed a bright smile.  "Really? That'd be great."  She got back in the cab and extended a hand.  "I'm Song Ji Hyo."  Gary bashfully shook her outstreched hand, "I'm Kang Gary."  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gwang Soo checked the flight schedule.  Jong Kook was heading to Tokyo.  But he didn't see Gary or Jae Suk as he boarded.  They must be on a different flight.  He sent a message to Ji Hyo.  "They're splitting up.  I don't know who has the ball.  I'm going to Tokyo."

Jong Kook saw Gwang Soo from his seat on the plane.  Something didn't feel right about him.  He couldn't figure out why but his instincts were rarely wrong. Jong Kook made a mental note to watch out for Gwang Soo. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jae Suk examined the Running Ball.  It didn't feel quite right.  It was hollow.  It was also quite large.  The other balls he'd seen were not this big.  He looked at it thoroughly but didn't find anything.  Moving on to the case, he noticed the lining of the case was loose.  Pulling at the corner, he revealed another hidden compartment in the case.  It was stuffed with papers.  Jae Suk carefully removed the papers in order to not rip or damage them.  It wasn't paper, but some cloth that looked like paper.  Jae Suk pulled one out to examine it closely.  The back was blank.  The front had a name on it.  "JI SUK JIN"