Cat and Mouse Game

The Serpent's Smile

Gary walked into SBS headquarters with a smile plastered on his face.  He was in a good mood.  Yesterday, he and Ji Hyo had talked for hours.  After their joint taxi ride to the airport, it turned out they were on the same flight.  They even managed to change seats so they could sit together on the plane.  It turned out that Ji Hyo was from Seoul and so was Gary.  They laughed about their first meeting and Gary couldn't help but be on cloud 9.  Monday wasn't such a bad day after all.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ji Hyo was not having a good day.  First, Gary was...he was annoying.  When she tried to use her feminine guile to extract information from him he would spout really cheezy lines that made her fingers and toes curl.  When she tried to ignore him, he just persisted more.  Sometimes, women aren't playing hard to get--they actually don't want to see you.  But Gary didn't seem to get the hint.  Ji Hyo now regretted trying to seduce him.  

To make matters worse, Gwang Soo was lost in Tokyo somewhere.  His last message had said he was following the muscular agent but Ji Hyo hadn't heard from him in 2 days.  Ordinarily, she wouldn't have cared but that muscle agent looked dangerous and Gwang Soo was...well he .  If he was discoverd, things would not go well.  Ji Hyo shook her head in frustration.  Nothing was going her way.  

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jae Suk, Gary and Suk Jin gathered around the briefcase.   SBS analysts had been all over it, looking for clues but hadn't found anything else besides what Jae Suk had found.  

"So the big question is, why is my name on this thing." said Suk Jin, once again stating the obvious.

Jae Suk, as the smartest, felt he had to step in.  If he let Suk Jin and Gary lead, things would go nowhere.  "Ok.  First, we need information.  We need to know who wanted this Running Ball, and why they want it so badly.  Second, we need to know what this tag means and if anyone else knows about it.  If they do, then Suk Jin hyung is compromised.  Third, we need to figure out who is releasing all these Running Balls.  These are supposed to be safe somewhere but obviously someone managed to steal them.  We need to figure out who stole them and why."

Gary looked confused.  "Isn't that the same as number 1?"

Now Jae Suk was confused.  "Number 1?"  

"Hyung you said there were 3 questions but isn't question 3 the same as question 1? asked Gary

Jae Suk playfully poked Gary in the head.  "Not necessarily.  They could be different."  Gary thought about that for a moment.  He was sure they were the same and didn't really understand what Jae Suk was saying.  But Jae Suk was usually right when it came to these things and Gary was almost always wrong so he just went with it.  

Suk Jin, as the hyung, tried to take over the meeting.  "Ok, Gary, you go investigate any leads on where the ball came from.  Jae Suk, you work on who is trying to get the ball.  I'll try to see what the tag means."  

Gary walked out completely lost.  What am I supposed to do?  He wasn't worried though.  Things just had a way of working out for him.  Eventually.  He sighed, thinking about how much work he would have to do before things would start to make sense.  I guess I wont be seeing Ji Hyo anytime soon.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jong Kook watched the tall man from behind a pillar.  The tall man was wandering around, aimlessly.  He looked lost.  He was lost.  More accurately, he had lost.  He had been following Jong Kook but Jong Kook had given him the slip about 2 minutes ago.  Now, Jong Kook was the hunter tracking prey.  

Gwang Soo was mad.  He'd been following muscle agent when he'd turned into an alley and suddenly disappeared.  Now, Gwang Soo was wandering around, hoping to spot the muscle agent but he saw nothing.  At least he knew which hotel he was staying at.  The muscle guy had to sleep sometime right?  Gwang Soo would wait for him by the hotel.  He was so consternated and absorbed in his thoughts that he didn't notice Jong Kook picking his pocket.  He wouldn't notice his wallet was missing until he tried to pay the cab driver who drove him to the hotel.

Jong Kook leafed through the pilfered wallet.  There was some cash and a few paper business cards but no ID or credit cards.  This guy might not make a good spy but at least he wasn't carrying incriminating ID.  No matter.  Jong Kook had other ways of finding out who was tailing him.  He searched his phone for a picture and sent it to SBS for analysis. Hopefully, they'd have an ID through facial recognition software.