The Favor To Ask

Concealed Lies

 

"Yoona? Are you still not done?" Yoona turned around and politely bowed at her boss, Jang Geunsuk.

"No, I'm done and it's perfectly fine." Yoona have checked their store's inventory for at least 3 times already. After making sure that she did a good job, she started to gather her things and exits the store.

Normally, she would take a few steps across the street, wait at the bus stop for a few minutes, hop on the semi-crowded bus, take a long, quiet and lonely ride. But she had feeling it will be different this time because of the person right before her eyes.

She eyed the person intently, making sure that her mind isn't playing tricks at her. "I wasn't expecting a reply." Her mind isn't fooling her, he really is there.

"What are you doing here?" Slowly and a little hesitant, she went closer to him. Surely it was not the first time she saw him but she can't help but question his sudden apperance. He and his leather black jacket while just simply sitting over his black motorcycle was a ten times better than a chef's uniform and serving plates. He is even more pleasing to her eyes.

"Well . . . ." Unable to stop himself from smiling, Donghae lowered his head for a while. He looked back at her with a shy smile. "You told me where you work so I thought that I should at least give you a ride home?" His answer might be a stupid excuse, it's because his body is wholly in a state to panic. "I wasn't expecting your reply, really! It's just that . . . I-I-I want t-to get to k-know you better."

She can't help but giggle at the way he stutters. Her reaction made his heart flutter. To Yoona, everything was new and she liked it. Like the way things around her is foreign and rare, the way she is able to talk comfortably to him and many more emotions that she surely didn't experience before.

"Soooo, can I give you a ride home?" His question rang a bell to her. She is not overreacting, she knows how her sister will react, she knows what will happen. But still, she wouldn't let this slip out of her hands easily. He was no stranger after all. How can she see a guy who gave her a beautiful flower and is kindly asking to give her a ride home as a stranger?

"Yeah. . . . I guess so." He grinned victoriously as he puts on his helmet and excitedly gave her one for herself. It seems like he got a grand prize from a contest, won a lottery, won the game of a lifetime, name it. He is full of happiness at the moment. "I'm Yoona by the way, Im Yoona."

He starts his engine before replying. "I'm Lee Donghae and can you please hold on tight?" Her hands were wavering but it's still ended at the right place. When her arms are safely wrapped around his waist, he drove her to her house with a wide smile.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

He turned off his engine as soon as they arrived at the her house. Donghae even held her hand as she gets off his bike. Yoona stayed still as her mind battles on what to do next.

"Thank you for the ride, I'll be going inside now." Great, this guy gave her a ride home and she couldn't even offer him a drink. She truly appreciates his action but she just couldn't let the slightest shadow of a guy enter their house, at least not for now.

"I hope we can do this again. You won't find me creepy if you found me waiting outside your workplace, right?" She nodded in response. After making sure that he isn't gonna say anything else, she smiled one last time and went inside her house.

She closed the door behind her then she quickly plastered her ear to the door. She heard the motorcycle revving and it slowly fades away. Her chest slowly calms down, she didn't even notice how wildly it was beating a few moments ago.

As usual, her sister is still not home yet. Most of the corners of her mind are occupied on how guilty she is. How can she carelessly act like that? How unmannered she was to this Donghae guy lately? What will she tell her sister? Many more question revolves around her head. Well, one thing she can do is prepare dinner and act like normal. She just hope that things will get easier the next coming days.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

Yoona did agree to the idea of doing it again, she just didn't expect it to be everyday, six times a week, it was always him taking her to her house and not the regular bus rides. Sometimes she even takes time to have coffee with him. There are even a few nights that Donghae had a some company. She became friends with Eunhyuk and Hyoyeon and she honestly enjoys the company of the couple.

Awkwardness was no longer present as days go by. Both Yoona and Donghae got to know each other better. Most of the times Yoona explains why she never let him enter her house, he started to know her family background and her sister's personality. She was delighted to know that Donghae didn't find it weird and understood her situation.

Each and every day they became closer. Three weeks of their daily routine, Donghae finally decided to step beyond the line. They strolled along the street and went to their usual coffee shop. They usually sit there and relax a few minutes but Donghae suggested that they should take a walk. It wasn't very crowded and his motorcycle was not out of sight. They strolled around the same coffee shop, simply going around was his term.

"Yoona, I like you." Yoona almost lost her grip on her cup of coffee when Donghae blurted out his confession. "Ever since I set my eyes on you on that restaurant, I already fell in love." He continued talking while bowing his head down and both are walking very slowly.

Yoona couldn't look at him too. So much was on her mind after what he just said. She will be lying if she'll say she didn't feel the same but the problem is much more complicated than it sounds. Donghae on the other hand, though that he was a little selfish for wanting to be with her too much.

"Yoona, I will do anything you want. I-I just n-n-need you to answer me with a word. Please j-j-just say anything." Yoona was bitting her lips, trying to think of the best answer she could give. Donghae was patiently waiting for her answer then a man, maybe in his early 40's, was passing across them. He halted his steps, making her stop too. Then out of no where. . . "Ahjussi, Excuse me but do we make a good couple?"

She looked at him with wide eyes and even wasn't able to close after what he just did. The man stared at them for a second then smiled "Well. . . of course boy."

Donghae smiled politely then bowed at the man and began to casually walk again with Yoona trailing next to him. Not long after, a couple in their late 20's was about to pass them. Donghae stopped again then . . . "Excuse me, do you think we make a good couple?" The couple giggled at him but nodded with a smile. Donghae smiled again and returned walking.

"What are you doing?" Yoona couldn't hold back anymore. Donghae took her empty cup, along with his finished drink, he threw it to the trash can before going into action again.

"Do you think we make a good couple?" He suddenly asked a lady along with her daughter not more than 7 years old. The lady looked at him oddly. At first the lady was a bit scared to his sudden random action but she answered anyway.

"Yes, you do." After another unpredictable act, Donghae and Yoona continued strolling.

"Yoona, I will ask every single person that same question. I won't stop until I get the reply I'm waiting for." He planted his feet to the ground, crossed his arms and faced her with a serious yet childish glare.

She hated being under pressure by him. But pressure was always a help to make a decision faster. Her main problem is to get her sister to know him. A part of her is just sure that if Yuri will just try to get to know him, things will be bearable. He was being immature, why not her too? Why not try and play with his game? Her idea was not the smartest thing but nothing else is going inside her mind.

"I just want you to do this one thing for me first." She moved closer to him and whispered her plan. He flinched the moment she was finish explaining her idea.

"What!?" She hurriedly placed her hands to his mouth to stop him for shouting anything else.

"It's the only way oppa. If you would just try to do it, I'm sure unnie will trust you."  She slowly removed her palm. He still couldn't take away his eyes to her face. He was full of doubt and he was fully against it. He wasn't reluctant that he could do it. "Oppa, I really like you too . . . " He looked at her with surprise. ". . . But we aren't going be an official 'couple' as long as my sister doesn't approve you."

Now how is he suppose to say 'no'? That face, that look, that voice, that remark and many more things about her. If it's Yoona, he is always willing to take a little risk, or embarrassment. "OK then, I'll even drag Eunhyuk into this."

It was her turn to smile triumphantly. Embracing him tightly and then letting go after realizing how much minutes she had left. They Ran back to his motorcycle. And of course, both of them know that everything will be a lot different sooner or later.