The Lying Starts

Concealed Lies

 

Donghae jokingly pressed Eunhyuk's face against the tiny glass window at the kitchen's door and Eunhyuk have to pinch his friend's thigh just to escape. After gaining freedom, he slapped Donghae's arm. "Why did do that?"

Donghae can't control himself from bending forward as he laughed. "Who are you spying there anyway?" Donghae purposely made a shock face and looked at his best friend maliciously. "I'm telling Hyoyeon about this."

Eunhyuk frowned and bit his lips. He grabbed Donghae's neck and plastered his face at the window. "I'm not spying or any thing but Hae look at the girl sitting there."

The two guys struggled to get an eyesight of their current topic. Donghae tried hard to get a peek but Eunhyuk's head keeps nudging against his. "Eiyshhh! Just tell what she is wearing Hyuk!"

"Red checkered shirt and jeans Hae!" Donghae grabbed Eunhyuk's head away and then he got clear view. "She's pretty right?"

Donghae's didn't answer. He was too focused inspecting the girl before her eyes. His friend was wrong, she's not pretty, she's beautiful. Even from a few distance, he can bravely say that she is indeed gorgeous.

Donghae was entertained with her actions. How she scans the menu in her hands, how she looks at the girl across her with those alluring doe-like eyes, how she smiles stunningly while talking to her companion.

Sadly he was back to reality when Eunhyuk hits the back of his head and he ended up bumping his forehead to the glass window. "Hyuk! Why-"

He turned around ready to blow a punch but his friend was not at his sight, instead Eunhyuk was running to the dishes and he signaled Donghae to go back to work. Orders started to pile up so Donghae went back to his task while rubbing his forehead.

~_~_~_~_~_~

Perfectly painted brown walls, elegant lighting, shinning silverwares, but the one thing Yoona really like about the restaurant was it simple and plain. She was thankful that Seohyun didn't take her to a fancy restaurant. To her estimation, the restaurant has the capacity of no more than 50 people.

"Unnie is bulgogi salmon fine with you?" Yoona diverted her attention to the younger one and agreed to the suggestion. "2 bulgogi salmon and 1 vegetables salad please." Seohyun politely told the waiter their desired order then the latter bowed before proceeding to the kitchen. 

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"Go!" Hyuk pushed Donghae and urged him to go outside and approach the girl.

"Hyuk don't push him!" Hyoyeon was unable to contain her voice. "I don't want my effort on that salad go to waste!" Donghae almost dropped the the salad and salmons twice. If ever that happens, he can always point to Eunhyuk and blame him. "Please, Donghae can you just go?"

"Ok, ok, ok." Donghae repeated over and over as he tries to walk out of the room but he ended up talking 2 steps forward 3 steps back. "Why can't you do it Hyuk?"

"Just go!" Hyoyeon literally screamed at him and he was too shocked that he rushed outside.

After managing to calm himself, he looked right back where his eyes wondered earlier. It's like he was forbidding himself to take his eyes off her. Step by step, he gets more nervous. Just by moving closer, his body starts to tremble. And by the moment his target noticed his stare, the second their eyes made contact, he felt like his heart was about to jump out of his chest.

He looked down at the table trying to ease himself and let out a heavy load of breath. Shaking but not very obvious, he puts down the two girl's order and left the scene without  word.

"What happened?" Eunhyuk asked him immediately. Donghae was still astonished and his best friend recognized it promptly. When Donghae still didn't move a muscle even after Eunhyuk waved his hands in front of his eyes, give him a soft slap on his cheek.

"She looked me in the eyes Hyuk!" Donghae told him with a wide smile. The two boys gripped each others arm and even jumped up and down victoriously.

"We can't just leave it like that." Eunhyuk suddenly thought for a moment. "Do something for her to get you noticed Hae."

"What? Wh-"

"Onew!" Donghae wasn't able to finish his statement because Eunhyuk came running and calling their manager's son. "Onew. Lee Jinki. Onew!"

"What is it hyung?" Onew eyed his friend with confusion. He can already tell that Eunhyuk has a favor to ask just by the way he grins. Eunhyuk rest his arm over Onew's shoulder and flashed his gummy smile.

"Where is your father?"

"He went home. That means I'm in charge until closing time. Why?" Eunhyuk smiled wider as her began whispering at Onew's ear.

Donghae watched them the entire time. He can see that Onew was hesitant but Eunhyuk seems convincing and looks confident about what ever he is planning.

Eunhyuk succeeded. Donghae saw Onew went out the kitchen and he gazed outside to see what he will do. Onew began talking to his girlfriend Luna. The girl even glanced at him and smiled at Onew. Donghae turned to Eunhyuk and gave him a questioning look.

"Don't worry Hae. Just change into your normal clothes and get back here." He gets thrown away his by his best friend but he did what Eunhyuk said anyways.

Once he was back at the kitchen, Eunhyuk approached him and check if he is ready to go.

"Do I look fine?" Donghae asked him with a nervous smile.

"Better than ever Hae! No what you must do is. . ." Eunhyuk whispered the details to his ear. Donghae's eyes almost popped out from their sockets. He kept arguing and backing away but Eunhyuk insisted that he must do it or else their time and efforts will be wasted, especially Onew's hard work.

"You didn't told me it would be that hard!"

~_~_~_~_~_~

"Excuse me miss?" Yoona's attention was caught by the girl to her side. "My name is Park Luna. Our staff prepared a 'new comer celebration' especially for you. If it's Ok with you, we would like you to sit next to that mini stage."

Yoona stared at the girl then to Seohyun. Seohyun only nodded her head, the young girl seems to be fascinated by her current situation. She looked back at the girl named Luna and it was something about the smile the girl was giving her that makes it hard for her to say 'no'.

She gladly stood up from her seat and sat down with a small stage present at her sight. She would be lying is she said that she wasn't excited to see what will happen next. After a minute or so, the lights dimmed down, the people arranging stuffs at the stage were gone, a music starts to play as a guy climbs up the stage with a rather nervous posture.

Sure enough, the guy was pretty attractive to her eyes and she smiled wide realizing it was the waiter who served her their meal.

"You're like a queen and beautiful, I just can't be without you girl."

She slightly gasped for air underneath her smile. She didn't know whether was it because of his soft and soothing voice, his bashful and gentle smile or his intense stare like she was the most admirable creature he had ever seen.

She adored him the entire time he was singing, then as he starts descend the stage, making her heart beat faster. Not taking their eyes off each other, each step he took, the closer he gets, the more rapid her heart beats.

When the song reached to an end, he presented her with a red rose which was hidden at his back the entire time. He shyly bowed one last time and disappeared from her sight. With her smile not leaving her face, she looked back at Seohyun. Exchanging eye signals, they decided it was time to go home.

~_~_~_~_~_~

"I can't wait until Yuri-unnie hears about this." Seohyun told Yoona with such an exciting tone on voice.

"No . . ." Seohyun took her eyes off the road for a second then returning it quickly after seeing Yoona's surprised reaction.

"Why Unnie?" Yoona bits her lips as she shakes her head.

"She doesn't have to know. I think she'll get angry. . . " Yoona scratches her head. Guilt was killing her at the moment. She never lied to her sister, it was just one of those times when she taught that it's better for things to be left unsaid. "I will never get to see him again anyway Seohyunnie."

Seohyun nodded in respect to her opinion. As they reached the Kwon sisters residence, Yoona waved her goodbye. "Promise not to tell OK?" Seohyun just answered her with a smile and a nod before driving away.

Yoona went inside their house. She approaches her sister who was busy at their living room. From behind, she covered Yuri's eyes.

"Guess who~" Yoona playfully joked.

"Come on Yoona I heard the door opened." They both laughed as Yoona took her hands off and sat next to her sister.

"Why are you still awake unnie?" Yoona questioned while arranging her sisters tools scattered all over the table.

"I was just waiting for you." Yuri giggled as she helps her sister clean up her mess. "You can go to sleep now Yoona. I can fix this mess on my own."

"You sure unnie?" Yuri pinched her sister's nose and nodded. Yoona laughed at her sister's behavior as enters her room. She drops her bag on her bed then something caught her attention. She opens her bag a little wider and took the item. The rose that she received somehow had a tiny piece of paper attached to it.

Her thoughts tempted her, she was left with a choice and she must think smartly. Written at the paper was a phone number together with a note. Asking her where she lives or where she works. She should be thinking about such random and unnecessary things but the sentence really tested her.

"At least tell me your name"